5.0 out of 5 stars Ran a little big

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk - not at all worth the price
Published on March 28, 2011 by mjwelte

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk - not at all worth the price, March 28, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's 560 Comfort Fit Denim Jeans (Apparel)
I have worn Levi 560 jeans for years. They have always been my go to jean in the past. But not anymore. Levi's changed the fabric weight and quality of the jeans. The weigh is about half of what it used to be and the craftsmanship is poor at best. The back pockets are tearing and the belt loops are poorly sewn. There are snags in the denim and color issues. I used to be able to get at least a year or two out of each pair. The last two pairs I purchased in December 2010 are already torn and falling apart. The 560 jeans I purchased last year are actually in better shape than the jeans I just got. Steer clear as the quality is very poor but the price is still just as high. Search for a better value for your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Levi's "Original Riveted Quality Clothing" - NOT, February 9, 2012
This review is from: Levi's Men's 560 Comfort Fit Denim Jeans (Apparel)
What's happened at Levi Strauss & Co? I used to worship their jeans - I still have pairs that are 15+ years old - pairs that despite being a smaller waist, and hundreds of washings, are still heavier than the lightweight pieces of crap that Levi Strauss is producing today. I just got a new pair of 560's, and the cloth feels almost as thin as a pair of Khakis. I wish Levi's would advertise the weight of the cloth being used in their jeans today, as opposed to, say, 20 years ago. If you don't own a pair of Levi's that are older than 10-15 years old, then you have no idea what great pants these jeans USED to be. Not anymore.

I have bought my last pair from Levi's. Never again. The downward spiral in quality ends for me now. I'll go find someone who is making quality jeans still. Maybe Carhartt?

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware Deteriorating Durability, September 30, 2011
Marc McCutcheon (S. Portland, ME United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Men's 560 Comfort Fit Denim Jeans (Apparel)
I have bought these jeans forever, but I'm afraid the durability that so impressed me in the past has gone missing these past couple of years. The back pockets, in particular, begin to tear out within a year, although I carry absolutely nothing in them.
One pair I bought last year had a defective zipper, which, no matter what I do, will not stayed zipped.
I'm switching to other jean brands until Levi gets its quality control back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, October 22, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's 560 Comfort Fit Denim Jeans (Apparel)
After having purchased this style of jeans for many years, I simply can't take the degradation of quality anymore. My last purchase was just under a month ago, and already the jeans are unwearable. The denim has worn through completely where the belt loops are sewn in, even after just a few wearings/washings. I would chalk this up to an isolated incident, except the other pairs I've purchased in the past 2 years have all exhibited this same phenomenon (although they took much longer to reach this state).

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, March 15, 2010
I had two pair of these jeans purchased at a local store and found them on Amazon at a good price. I ordered two pair and both pair were not even close to the jeans I own in size and the quality was terrible. Levi's quality sure has dropped over the years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ran a little big, January 10, 2009
Dawn Lambert "Dawn in OK" (Blanchard, OK United States) - See all my reviews
I was so thrilled to find 560's available online. They are the only jeans my husband wants to wear and we haven't been able to find them in stores lately. He was down to a couple of old worn-out pairs. I bought 6 pairs, and he says they are looser than his old ones and he has to wear a belt with them even after I've washed and dried them on high heat. He's still happy to have them, though! They'll work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Levi's stonewash 560, July 9, 2011
They did not fit properly. The crotch cut was different than normal and different from the other color in the same size that I purchased. This was the first time I purchased a clothing item. Probably my last.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the old 560, November 9, 2014
These are not the same pattern of 560 that was available 10 years ago. I have two pairs of 560's I bought about 10 years ago, but wasn't able to wear. Now I'm able to fit in them and they are very different from the new 560's. The legs are wider and longer now. The legs of the new 560 match up to the 550 style ones I have. Basically 550 jeans with 560 labels. Attached pic shows 10 year old black 560 compared to new blue 560. Both have the same size on the label.

At least the three I ordered are all the same size. Usually they are different lengths. You can feel the lighter weight material on the new ones.

I've always worn Levi's. Now may have to find another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Expected, September 3, 2009
Normally I don't order clothing online, but I knew my size and style so I felt comfortable making an online purchase. Ended up being less expensive than local retailer. Only drawback was it was hard to tell color choices.

1.0 out of 5 stars wish they would stop lowering the qualiaty, March 22, 2014
This review is from: Levi's Men's 560 Comfort Fit Denim Jeans (Apparel)
As other reviewers have stated these pants have the right cut for us guys with big thighs - but after only three washings I can see that the material is thinning and wearing at critical points. I have a pair that are only a few months old and they have already developed two holes , one by the top corner of the pocket and another by a belt loop. The sizing on these is not consistent- I own over a dozen pair of these over the last two years and the length in the leg can vary up to two inches as can the waist- really no excuse for this. One of the pairs that I got had a really irregular seam in the inside thigh that clearly should have been red flagged by whoever checks to make sure the meet some quality standard. I wash my pants in cold water and only leave them in a warm dryer for a few minutes to take the wrinkles out as I know that leaving them for 45 minutes in the dryer will break them down really fast- I lay them flat on the floor to air dry. I wish they improved the quality back to were it was, and include a button fly version of this cut. Levis start making these in USA and get some quality control.

Levi's Men's 560 Comfort Fit Denim Jeans