4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool jeans in silver, but...
I have a slim boy and was hoping these jeans would work well. Not. The waist is too large for the length, i.e. when they are a long enough size in the leg, the waist is too big around.

Published 17 months ago by Mama Marilyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Why no waist size listed?
Published 8 months ago by K Morris

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool jeans in silver, but..., May 23, 2013

They are simply a slim fit and would likely work well for a slightly heavier boy. We really liked the silver color, not "too" white and not grey. We ordered in both size 16 and size 18, but alas, the 16's were too short and the 18's were just right in the length but too big in the waist... so I'm preparing the return. Thank you Amazon for making that easy to do.

These Levis are sized, for everyone's info, but only once you get them. It would be nice, helpful, if this info were in the product description.

Size 16 regular is: 28 x 28 (W x L)
Size 18 regular is: 29 x 29

5.0 out of 5 stars Levi's 511 Skinny Fit Jeans or Tights, sz 14R, June 23, 2009
Levi's Boy's 511 Skinny Fit Jean
My son is into skateboarding and he asked me to get him a couple pairs of "Tights" or skinny fit jeans for skateboarding. The jeans need to be skin tight on the legs so the material will not interfer when doing tricks while skateboarding. These Levi 511 were perfect, they have a little spandex, so the pants are comfortable as well as close fitting. I give them a 150%. There were also reasonable, some of the pants I looked at on the skateboarding websites were between $50 and $250. When you have a child who is growing like wildfire and clothes only fit for a few months, you want the best price available. Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Favorite jeans!, January 9, 2013
My 11 year old loves the Levi 511 Skinny because they aren't too tight and have a lot of give. Problem is sizing! These are the fourth pair I purchased online which is risky with jeans. 2 of the 4 pair fit perfectly and both are 99% cotton/1% spandex. No matter what color or size you select, the description reads 99% cotton/1% spandex, which is not true. My son said the other 2 pairs are tight and uncomfortable--they are not stretch material and contain no spandex. They are stiff and rigid to the touch. The black 511s and highlife 511s are the 2 colors he loves and are soft and comfortable. I really wish the graphite 511s fit well because they are a great color alternative to dark or black denim. They actually have a slight corduroy look and feel to them, which I didn't expect. Another difference with the sizing is length. The jeans without spandex are shorter. At first, I bought 16 regular. The highlife fit perfectly lengthwise, but the other 16 regular are actually too short. I then ordered 18 regular to be safe and it worked out. Overall, if the description was accurate, buying the right size would be much easier. My son really likes these jeans, so I'll try to find description on Levi's official site, but purchase on Amazon. You'd be hard pressed to find them cheaper anywhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, skinny, durable, June 13, 2010
good color. Poison is the name of the color, but purple is what color it is. doesnt bleed in wash. sized like regular jeans, but skinny means tight for the wearer.
Size 14 is the same as 27 waist, 27 length.

4.0 out of 5 stars Levi 511 Skinny Fit Jeans, April 16, 2009
The product was shipped promptly and the goods were exactly as expected. Overall, a very satisfying experience.

3.0 out of 5 stars Why no waist size listed?, February 8, 2014
The great thing about Levis (and the reason I buy them for my sons) is that they have three variables: hip, length, and style. Most jeans will just give you a style and a hip measurement, but Levis give you the length as well. So, you can buy Husky Slim jeans in a variety of sizes, for example. Or, what I need, is size 16 slim (ie, hip and length) in regular or slim fits. The style tells you if the leg fit is tight or baggy etc.

Unfortunately Amazon are not providing all the information that Levis have. It would be great if they would give the classic 28x28 (size 16 regular), 26x28 (size 16 slim), etc. Until then, I am reluctant to buy since I don't want to deal with the hassle of returning clothes that don't fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommened, May 20, 2011
The Levi skinny jeans are great. My son loves them so much I purchased several pair in all the cool colors. They are a good fit and not "too skinny".

5.0 out of 5 stars Great skinny, May 14, 2013
I love these skinnys im 5'2 and weight 95 pounds and these fit me perfectly for a size 12. They're somewhat baggy on the bottom but pretty tight around your thighs. Great jeans the only negative thing is that the pockets are a bit to small. My ipod 4g barely fits inside of them

4.0 out of 5 stars I love some Levis for my boys, September 14, 2014
RHemp (Cudahy, WI, US) - See all my reviews
I love some Levis for my boys. They are durable, stylish, and a perfect price point. The only problem is once you hit an 8 reg for boys, you no longer have an adjustable waistband. My son is not too tall and super skinny, so I can't understand why they think he would no longer require an adjustable waistband?

2.0 out of 5 stars sizing is all over the board, August 6, 2014
Sizing is all over the board on these. I have bought four pair of these 511 jeans size 18 for my son in the past month and none of them fit the same. One pair was very baggy, one pair fit just right, one pair was a little too small and these were way too small. This is very frustrating!