Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 7, 2011
As another reviewer mentioned, which I did not see before purchasing, the blue green rigid are shrink to fit. The description is very vague so there was no way of knowing. It's possible other washes may be the same, however I do know that Rinse is preshrunk. Overall the jeans are fine, but both my husband and I noticed that they arent near as thick and durable as they were a couple years back.
0Comment12 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2012
Having bought a couple of other Levi's jeans already from Amazon, I have a good idea now of how the sizing is but when my 501 arrived I was surprised that it wasnt the straight fit jean that it was supposed to be. everybody I had asked to take a look at it commented that it was a baggy pair of pants and not straight leg which is a disappointment personally. I also would like to ask Amazon to mayhaps also make it possible for the purchaser to see where the item is made from/manufactured from. As the quality of the Levis pants is very much dependent on where it was made. The pair of 527's I got was made in Bangladesh and when I first got it, I could already see that the stitches in the back pockets were flimsy and lo, after a few weeks of use they were already fraying, one would think that an original pair of Levis would have better stichings than a pair of knock offs from around the corner. So far I am yet to be impressed
on April 12, 2014
These are indeed labeled as "501 Shrink To Fit", but the denim they are made from is substantially lighter weight than the "regular" 501 Shrink To Fits I've been buying for decades.

Amazon does have the "originals" which I have purchased before and they can be found at:

If you want the original dark blue 501 Shrink To Fit than select the color "ridig" in the link above.
on October 29, 2013
I soaked these for 20 minutes in warm water, threw them in the washer on spin cycle, put them on and they fit perfect. Before soaking they were two inches too long and one inch too big in the waste. I love the way they wear and will get more.
on January 25, 2014
Everything these days is cheap crap that comes from who knows where. Nothing is
durable or of any good USA quality!
on October 28, 2013
Mine were made in Mexico. The denim seems to be high quality and the stitching is perfect. I bought them one size up in the waste and two up in the length. I washed them in cold, let them line dry til damp and then wore them until dry. The didn't shrink as much as I thought. I'm sure they will when the go through the dryer. The fit is fantastic and I can't wait to wear them in and shrink them down a little more. I can already feel that they are going to conform and fit me like a glove.
on May 8, 2014
These jeans are great. Real stiff and classic. Don't put them on and immediately shrink them to fit. Wear them, break them in really good! Then when you finally do wash them every fold and crease fades and they look amazing. Way way better then buying a pair of jeans that look worn in because now every fade and crease fits your body, and what you always have in your pockets, perfectly!
on April 21, 2014
Beware!!! The pants I received had the tags taken off and put in the pocket. They had obviously been laundered because they were softer, not like the stiffness of a new pair. Also they had already shrunk. I always buy the same size for my husband because they are shrink-to-fit and after 2 to 3 washings they will fit him. These fit him out of the package. What does that tell you?
on January 15, 2016
Nice color shrunk to a nice fit..
on April 26, 2014
These are shrink to fit jeans so you have to buy the right size larger in waist and length. Takes a few washes for them to shrink fully. So they might be a bit long and baggy for a few washes. Color is like an ocean blue color, instead of the standard dark blue. I like the color too.