4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect -- typical Levi's
Published on September 30, 2009 by Magster

3.0 out of 5 stars not super low cut
I bought these and they are comfortable but they aren't super low cut like they say. I do not like pants any higher then about 1'' above my hips and threse go right below my belly button.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect -- typical Levi's, September 30, 2009
These jeans were purchased to replace a long-gone, much adored pair of 519s. The fit is so close to perfect, but with the typical Levi's issue of not being designed for women that have any kind of shape at all. These fit great except for the waistband which seems to be made for women whose waists are the same size as their hips. If you're the sort that doesn't think jeans should be worn around your ankles, a belt is a must; and with the 'stretch up a size every ten minutes' tradition of Levi's, expect to tighten the belt a few times if you don't want your seat to sag like a full diaper by the end of the day.

The "Superlow" isn't nearly as low as in previous years and the "Skinny" really only applies to the thigh area.

All in all, I do love these 518s. They feel good and they look good (as long as you like belts).

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice material, good design, but sizing conflicts, September 16, 2010
J. Turner (BFT, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Juniors 518 Superlow Bootcut Jean (Apparel)
First off, I am very petite and have trouble finding jeans that even fit me anyhow. I ordered these in a 1 short and I love the material, the cut, the design, BUT unless you are a hippy girl (I am composed of a more athletic build), you may want to order a size down. I realize they are supposed to ride on your hips, but the amount of room they have dedicated to size 1 hips seems excessive-- even with a belt, there is too much material bunched up at the waistband. I ordered according to Levi's online sizing chart, which I should have totally ignored-- I measured both waist and hips and I will definitely be returning these for a 0 short, though their chart indicates I am well within the size 1 category. Based on the elastene component (99% cotton, 1% elastene), I do not expect them to shrink in the wash-- they would definitely stretch a bit, so if you are in-between sizes, go down, not up. For sizing knowledge, I am 5'2", 110 lbs.

UPDATE: Got the size 0 short yesterday. Much better waist/hips fit-- will probably keep these ALTHOUGH I am unhappy about the styling a bit. I ordered the darker finish (unlike last time), and that color has "styling" which puts two holes in the jeans-- small ones, but still-- one on front pocket, one on back. Please STOP making jeans with holes in them, for crying out loud!!! This is not visible from the photos online, so I am a bit perturbed. I realize these are JUNIOR jeans and that is somewhat of a fashion in that department, but due to my small size, I cannot wear WOMEN'S jeans, so I am forced to endure the whims of junior fashion, despite the fact that my age does not end with "teen" or begin with "twenty."
I did not take off any stars, because hole factor aside, I like them. I just wish that the photos and/or description would have mentioned this, so I knew what I was actually getting beforehand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Levis 518 - finally Jeans for flat butts everywhere!, March 9, 2012
I have no bottom and all my other jeans get increasingly saggy throughout the day and with each wear. Levis 518 hold in my tummy (they're really not super-low compared to other makes), and they accent my rear-end rather than hide it with loose and progressively baggy material. I discovered these jeans by chance at Costco for $15. I took them home, tried them on, wore them for 2 days, went online to Amazon and bought another pair in an alternate colour for $35 (Costco didn't offer any other colours and worth paying double). I love these jeans and have zero complaints. Colour is even, material is medium thickness, the short length fits my 5'3" frame with flats/running shoes very well. If I want to wear heals or boots, I will purchase in average length.

3.0 out of 5 stars not super low cut, October 23, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Endures the test of time, May 12, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Juniors 518 Superlow Bootcut Jean (Apparel)
518 Super Low Rise has been my favorite Levi's style since 2003 & when I shop for more Levi's jeans this is the style I look for first. It fits me great (31" is the inseam for Reg Jr sizes) in a snug but comfortable way & the stretch in the jeans is just the ticket.

The name makes the rise sound really low but it's not teenage-low, it's just a bit below the waist at a comfortable level - covers the rear very adequately. Stylish basic jeans for sneakers, boots, or heels, they are very versatile (especially in the dark colors).

The fit between the different colors tends to vary a bit, especially the difference btwn dark & light colors. I'm relieved that this style is still in circulation as long as it has been. Best of all the prices are excellent, still at $35 or less, as I refuse to spend $75+ for jeans I don't care how well they fit. I stick with these because jeans are hard to fit for me in a decent price range. Hope this style is never discontined.

2.0 out of 5 stars No two pairs are the same..., August 9, 2010
jmsjtb (West Sonoma County, Cali) - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of these jeans and loved them. I bought a second pair and they are nothing like the first. I bought the same style and same size- the second pair I bought is much much bigger. The cut is different, and there is nothing "short" about the leg length either. It seems like Levi's are really going downhill... either that, or they only sell their rejects online at amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pictures Are A Bit Misleading, January 21, 2009
This review is from: Levi's Juniors 518 Superlow Bootcut Jean (Apparel)
I have a pair of older Juniors Levis 518 Bootcut that I love but can't find anymore cause they've started making everything in stretch denim. So when I saw these on Amazon, I thought I'd order a pair. The new ones look different and the pictures featured are of the older pairs. Needless to say that when I recieved a stretch pair, I was disappointed. However the service itself was OK and shipping made it on time so you still get 2 stars from me for trying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty great Levi's -- just gotta find the right size!, October 30, 2013
The thing about Levi's is that the sizing is completely inconsistent across different styles -- I own 515s, 529s, Bold Curves, and Demi Curves, and they range from size 12 to 16 depending on the style. I had not bought 518s before, so I went according to the size chart and got 17s, which were about a size too big. I exchanged them for 15s, which fit great: soft, stretchy, and flattering. Though these are called "superlow" bootcuts, the rise is actually an inch and a half higher than the current Demi Curve cut, which means no gapping in the back.

Two things to know about these 518s, though: (1) they run long, and (2) they have a wider leg opening than most other bootcuts. I ordered a M but the inseam is about 33.5" (definitely closer to a traditional L), and the 19.5" leg opening is more akin to a flare cut than a traditional boot. I'm fine with both of those quirks because I'm tall and like flare cuts, but they're definitely things to consider when you buy.

Overall these are very comfy and flattering Levi's -- I'm glad to have discovered a new cut that I like.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best jeans, September 15, 2011
Amanda (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Juniors 518 Superlow Bootcut Jean (Apparel)
I bought a pair of these jeans at my local Macy's and was disappointed when I saw they only had one wash available, the Blue Rider. I already knew the fit worked great for me (I would definitely not describe them as "super low") so I hopped on Amazon and ordered 4 more pairs in Black, Closet Swap, Iced Indigo, and Railer. They all fit perfectly, I couldn't be happier.

A side note, they do stretch out a bit but I didn't have a problem with them becoming too baggy on me as some reviewers have complained. They are also zip fly, not button fly as mentioned in the product description. They do have a pretty wide boot cut to them and are relatively long, but those are things I prefer in my denim anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cut, price, and fit!, November 15, 2010
This review is from: Levi's Juniors 518 Superlow Bootcut Jean (Apparel)
The Levi's 518 Juniors' bootcut jeans is one of my favorites. I've been wearing them for years and years. I was concerned about ordering these after reading some reviews that said the fit was now different, but I took the plunge due to the low price. I ordered the "crystal blue" wash. Let me tell you, I LOVE them! The fit is perfect and I love the shade of blue. What I've always loved about the 518 is that it seems to conform to the shape of your body after you've worn them a couple of times. I wash them inside out and throw them in a dryer. They are usually a bit tight after the dryer, but then stretch out to a just-right snug fit after you wear them. I highly recommend these!

Levi's Juniors 518 Superlow Bootcut Jean