Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on May 18, 2010
I have worn levis for years and have always loved them. These levis 505 shorts are great. Im a very slender guy and wear a 29 inch waist.
Its starting to get warm here in Pueblo, CO so I have been wearing them. I got the medium stone wash and washed them once and was very pleased with how they washed. They fit great, not baggy in the butt or legs, but a good fit that is stylish with tee shirts and athletic shoes. Levis have always worn great and have always fit me the best. Im a runner and walk alot since I don't drive and these shorts have been great for the warm weather we are getting. Im sure these shorts will be great when it hits 100 degrees here in July and August. Im very pleased and for any other slender guys out there, I would really recommend the 505 shorts. Great product!
Levi's 505 shorts come in handy as I travel now through Puerto Rico, which is currently experiencing some of the hottest, most humid weather I can ever remember. I just walk outside and once the sun hits me I slowly but surely start to perspire! The span of just a few minutes of this exceptional heat and humidity makes me yearn desperately for air conditioning. I ordinarily never wear shorts because I'm not exactly a model; but these blue jean shorts by Levi's are so great when the weather is hot and you don't want to be bothered wearing regular, full length blue jeans.

Overall, these blue jean shorts for men are remarkably well made. They're really pretty study; the cloth is thicker (better quality) than you might find in shorts from other menswear clothing manufacturers and the stitching is absolutely excellent. The cut is just above the knee and it looks pretty good, too. They are, of course, very easy to wash; caring for these is a snap--permanent press in any washer/dryer will do.

I highly recommend these jeans; they also come with well made pockets. You won't regret this purchase!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 11, 2010
These are my favorite shorts as the legs are not huge in diameter like some shorts. I just like the fit. They can be expensive at the local stores so I was excited to see the price for these on Amazon.com was better than the stores. In addition, being an Amazon Prime member, I get free shipping. So, this purchase on Amazon was a no brainer for me. I love the Amazon Store!
on July 27, 2012
I ordered these shorts for my husband based on the reviews of others. They are truly slim cut without having the real baggy leg openings. The material is soft and truly denim jeans without any stretch to them. My husband liked them so well I ordered him another pair. This says a lot since he is so picky about slender fitting jeans and shorts. Thank you Levi and Amazon.
on July 26, 2012
Excellent product. I wear them daily for work and play, during warmer months (6months). Usually go thru three pair per year. I would prefer a button front, not zippered, being a Levi 401 customer since 1965. Only drawback is prewashed fades much faster.
on June 6, 2015
These 505 shorts are several inches longer than the 2 other pairs I have, bought a while back! They don't shrink that much, and I prefer the shorter length.

I did the many (10?) security checks described in a YouTube video and all 3 pair passed as genuine, but apparently Levis decided to "modernize" the length without changing the product number! The Amazon photo is about right for the current product but I probably won't buy these again.
on September 14, 2014
Years ago I decided that, to keep our neighborhoods beautiful, we older men shouldn't wear shorts in public. Let's face it, our legs get rather thin while what's above gets - - -.|

But I do want shorts for summer wear around our NYC apartment and tho
I felt these looked to be maybe just an inch too long, but they were Levi's & @ $20 I sent for them and right off I liked them more than I expected.

As to the "Knee Top" length [I measure the inseam @ 10 & 1/4"], tho I'd thought it looked 11"] on me @ 6 foot, they looked just as the photo. I hate the "saggy crotch" look which these avoid tho, nit-picking, I do feel the crotch here could be just a bit higher while the 'rise' could be a bit shorter, say 1/2" each.

From the photo, I feared [esp w my 40" waist] they'd be too 'Tailored' [tight]but [while avoiding the bagginess of 'Comfort Fit' ] they seem just right, not emphasizing my now sagging bums either by tightness on sagginess,

But it was the reaction of 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' that was the real surprise; she likes them tho jeans [in the city] definitely aren't her thing and she even is down on my favorite Irish Tweed Suit and looks askance on my Akrubra [Patterson] .
on September 2, 2011
These jeans are made for someone who wants to look well dressed. They fit the way tailored clothes would fit. They are very comfortable. The best part my wife says my butt looks good.
on June 29, 2015
I haven't been happy with Levi's quality in recent years, but these shorts do fit perfectly (I'm size 33). I've just ordered my third pair of light stonewashed after seeing that this color been discontinued. However I'm not happy that my oldest pair, bought three years ago, is already ripping apart despite not being worn as often as I'd like because of coolish Northern California weather.

Because of the quality problem, I would not pay full price for these shorts, but I am willing to pay Amazon's much lower price until I can find a pair by another manufacturer that fits as well but lasts longer. It's really a shame. I've been wearing Levi's all my life, but am now looking at alternatives.
on February 20, 2016
I purchased the Levis Men's 505 Regular Fit Short in size 42, when my husband's 38s were no longer comfortable to wear. He loves the fit. Finally there is plenty of room in the crouch and butt! They are well made and the material is sturdy. He uses them around the house and hiking on the nearby trails. The shorts are also wash and wear, which saves me time. I would recommend them to any man who likes comfort and well made casual shorts.