1,293 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a Fit
Pros: Available in many sizes and washes, reasonable price, comfortable and contoured fit
Cons: Not true to size

Published on July 17, 2009 by J. Melvin

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 different 511s, 3 drastically different sizes, 3 stars
Published 23 months ago by Mr. Grundig

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a Fit, July 17, 2009
J. Melvin (Benicia, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Cons: Not true to size

Having unusual proportions has always been problematic for me, and as a result, I have tried many different brands and styles of jeans. At 6'4", finding jeans that have a sufficient length provides some difficulty, and with a very narrow waist for my height (30"), it can seem downright impossible. I have no alternative to online retail for finding jeans that fit, so finding them feels very much like a hunt than a casual dressing room routine.

I have tried 7 For All Mankind, Chip & Pepper, Earnest Sewn, American Eagle, and a whole slew of brands to get a feel for what's out there. I never really considered trying Levi's because they just never seemed to draw my attention. I had no interest in Levi's 501's, because I knew they fit too loose, and simply was unaware that Levi's made slim jeans in my size, particularly the 511's in 32x36. Recently, I discovered this, and decided to give the Levi's 511's a try.

In my limited experience in the past, I knew typically Levi's run slightly long. Although a disadvantage to some, for a person of my height who never runs into a pair of jeans that's actually "too long" (I actually fit a 37" inseam), having that extra inch or so is a blessing. Furthermore, as slim jeans, I presumed that they would fit slimmer in the waist than the size indicated. This may also serve as an issue for some, but considering they will stretch with use to your body, is worth accepting (not to mention it works to my favor with a smaller waist than the indicated size).

I ordered a couple pairs of Levi's 511 as a trial run and found my presumptions of running long and slim to hold true, which certainly brought me relief. While even a bit slim for me for the first day, they quickly contoured to my body and became quite comfortable. They fit well and have no extra baggage, as a slim pair of jeans should. While definitely slim, they are only bordering skinny jeans. I find this advantageous, as truly skinny jeans tend to offer very little breathing room and limit heat dissipation. Furthermore, the tighter the fit, the more frequently you are inclined to wash, as the jeans become stretched out more quickly. I feel that the Levi's 511's fit comfortable and tight in the right places, and offer a perfect intermediate between straight/slim straight and the tighter skinny fits.

Currently, Levi's offers a host of different washes and in many sizes to find a friend in just about anyone who has the hankering to try some slim, but not quite skinny jeans. So far, I am enjoying my experience with the Levi's 511's, and I am sure I will enjoy them for many days coming. I really think you will too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally - jeans that fit!, April 30, 2010
This review is from: Levi's Men's 511 Slim Fit Jean (Apparel)
I've had the same body for probably about the last 20 years - tall, lanky but not really what you'd call "skinny". In fact, I'm kind of pear-shaped around the middle. I never considered skinny jeans before because of that. I've been wearing 505's for years, but have tried various other brands before that - nothing fit right. Pants sit naturally below the waist on me, and at my 36"-38" waist, the legs were always really baggy. I always looked like a wannabe gang member or something wearing jeans - even jeans that were very tight around the waist.

But I tried a pair of these at a store and they fit perfectly! They sit naturally where pants want to sit on me, and there's no extra bagginess either in the legs or the butt. (I have no butt, so this is important.) With a 36" waist, they're cut so they do not look "skinny" with my legs, but they actually make me look thinner. And they look really good with boots. ("Boot cut" jeans look ridiculous with boots in my opinion; boots need a tapered leg, not a flared leg.) In other words, they just fit right!

I bought a pair of the black stretch, which actually get somewhat loose after repeated wearings. I tried a pair of the rigid 511's in a store, and I'll buy them next to compare.

In short, I'd recommend these not just for really skinny guys, but also for guys who have that middle-aged pear shape. At the larger waist sizes, the legs are roomy enough that they just look like regular jeans, and they don't look like you're wearing "dad jeans" like the regular fit stuff can.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 different 511s, 3 drastically different sizes, 3 stars, August 25, 2012
This review is from: Levi's Men's 511 Slim Fit Jean (Apparel)
I bought three 511s of different colors. One fits PERFECT (most definitely my favorite pair of jeans EVER). One of the other two shrunk a whole bunch during washing and is now way too short and the seam on the legs twists towards the front. The third is great in the legs, but way too tight in the upper thighs compared to the other two. The worst pair of jeans was made in China. The other two were made in Cambodia.

Honestly, it is worth the risk. I found one incredible pair of jeans (Sky Blue) even if the other two are just passable... Levi's quality is very bad. Unfortunately, since I am tall and skinny, it is hard to find a company (like Levi) that produces slim jeans in my size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skinny Jeans for a Skinny Guy, September 21, 2006
I'm a skinny guy. Finding jeans that fit great is hard. But these fit great at a great price. They hug in all of the right places. Seriously, if you're skinny and want a pair of slim jeans, get these. They are amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars These jeans fit me pretty well, June 8, 2011
Tyler Schofield (Chicago, IL , USA) - See all my reviews
I was a bit worried when ordering these jeans that they would be too tight, uncomfortable, and feel cheap since the Amazon listing said that they were around 40% polyester. However, since I'm tired of my boot-cut 527s getting caught in my bike chain, I decided to give a slimmer cut a try.

I'm really happy with these jeans. First, according to the tags these jeans are 99% cotton, so I imagine only some washes are made with polyester (I purchased the chain link wash.) They are very soft, and frankly very comfortable. I would say I have large, somewhat muscular legs and have been told I have a large butt as well, yet this pair of jeans does not feel constricting at all. The thigh is about as tight as my 527s, and the calf, while slim, is more form fitting than form defining.

After washing the jeans, I noticed that the waist size seems to have shrunk just a bit, by my guess from about a 34 to a 33. For me this is just fine, I buy 34x36 because the length is perfect and the waist is as near I can get in a 36 inseam. 33s fit my waist better so I'm happy, but others may want to take note.

Summary: These jeans are soft, flexible, and comfortable. They are not heavy enough to be work-wear, but are a great trendy option. Order a size up in the waist, and true to size in the inseam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, July 11, 2007
Lillehammer (Middlesex, New Jersey) - See all my reviews
I purchased these for a guy who is hard to fit; trim, hard legs and slim hipped but a waist size that is shrinking. Most jeans swim on him. These fit PERFECTLY and give him a silhouette that makes sense (not too tight and definitely not too loose). He says they are totally comfortable and the best fitting jeans he has ever worn. The manufacturer says they will shrink if washed ( 1" in the waist and 2" in length)and recommends dry-cleaning. Even if cold water wash and hang dry does this it is still worth it. We bought two pairs and the third is in my cart as I write...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, November 18, 2008
I'm a very thin guy and I was looking for some skinnier jeans that weren't too feminine or anything like that...these are perfect, they're great for skinny guys like me and they're pretty comfortable, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars slimmer than 514, September 3, 2007
I like 511's. They are slimmer than the 514's. Buy same size as 514 / 514. Black ones with spandex do feel great buy tend to pick up more cat hair and lint than blue ones, buy hey they're the black ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice fit.., October 15, 2009
This review is from: Levi's Men's 511 Slim Fit Jean (Apparel)
Sky is anything but blue. It's a sharkskin color meaning silver. So efing nice. I love em. They fit me great. I'm slender and 6 footish. You'll love em, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit and nice quality, July 25, 2011
What else to say, the quality is really good and its a really good deal, most confortable jean y wear in many time.

You should be careful if you have any pets, specially cats because this shiny black color is really a fur magnet.

Levi's Men's 511 Slim Fit Jean