Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 16, 2010
I wear a size 31 x 34. I have found that most companies that make jeans, make some assumptions about you based on your waist. Most jeans that fit me in the waist choke me in the crotch and thighs. For years, Levi's Silvertab Baggy jeans suited me well. They were comfortable and durable, but were a little too baggy. They also had a slightly tapered leg, a huge fashion faux pas.

So... it was time to move on. And I've found a wonderful replacement in the Levi's 559. They have a straight leg, they're reasonably priced, and they look and feel great. They're a little tighter in the leg and butt than the Silvertab Baggy which is a good thing for me. When I sit down the back of the waist doesn't pooch out, which is also nice.

I have found that different colors will fit and feel very different. I recently ordered "Range (2765)" and "Indie Blue (4258)." Both Levi's 559's, and both 31x34. The Range variety were made in Lesotho. They're much looser in the waist and thighs and the denim fabric feels thicker. The Indie Blues were made in Vietnam. They're tighter in the waist and thighs and the material is thinner and stretchier.

I have had a hard time tracking the names of the colors versus the color code. That's frustrating when you want to look at what's in your closet and order the same thing. The jeans have the color code, but nowhere do they say the name of the color! When you go to order online, you get ONLY the name of the color and no color code. >:-( For some reason, Levi's has never posted this information online.

I called Levi's 800 number and got the current list of colors along with their corresponding codes. Please note that the 559's have existed in TWO different style codes. I have been assured that they are both EXACTLY the same cut/style. Those style numbers are 00559 and 62223. Levi's calls the 62223 code "exclusive." It means that it is manufactured for exclusive sale by a particular retailer. Sometimes, it will be a color that isn't available elsewhere and in the cases I've seen, the 62223's feature a leather label on the back, while the 00559's have the traditional brown paper label. The last 62223's I found were sold at the Levi's flagship retail store in San Francisco's Union Square in 2010. As of March 2016, style code 62223 has a status of "discontinued."

It is worth noting that not all colors are sold in all sizes. So, if you can't find your size, try another color.

Available colors as of March, 2016:

00559 | 0459 Lookout
00559 | 0461 Shaded Valley
00559 | 2765 Range
00559 | 4010 Tumbled Rigid
00559 | 4258 Indie Blue (Sometimes called "New Indie Blue")

Other Colors - Not manufactured as of March 2016
====================================================
These may still be available based on what's still in stock, but they currently are not manufactured as of my most recent call to Levi's on March 15, 2016. They may or may not be manufactured again based on sales, fashion trends, or they may only be available seasonally.

Style | Color
00559 | 0004 Harbor
00559 | 0162 Placid
00559 | 0168 Bluejay
00559 | 0177 Vista
00559 | 0178 Medium Chipped (Used to be 0179)
00559 | 0179 Indigo Wash
62223 | 0065 New Tumbled Rigid
62223 | 0178 Medium Chipped
62223 | 0177 Vista
review image
2525 comments|421 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2012
Purchased 3 pairs of these jeans (from Amazon) in the past 3 months, all being size 36 waist. Each jean is different, being that each pair is made in a different country. They are all the same color (Indie Blue).

One pair is made in Mexico and has the thickest material, waist size and length are correct.
One pair is made in Cambodia and has the thinnest material, waist size is correct, length is a little longer that the other.
Last pair I purchased (less than a week ago) is made in Bangladesh. The material is somewhere between the Mexican and Cambodian products. The waist size is off by 2 inches!

Unfortunately, I did not see the need to try the jeans before removing the tags and washing. Now, I'm stuck with a pair of 36 jeans that are actually a size 34.

This is entirely unacceptable from any product, yet alone from Levi's. Especially when paying +$40 for a pair of jeans that are using less than $5.00 in material and labor. The high quality of Levi's jeans no longer exists... I grew up wearing Levi's. I remember getting them for about $12/pair at Mervyn's, and they were of great quality, lasting a kid an entire year. I've had 2 pairs of these jeans for 3 months now, and they are so thin, my pocket knife and cell phone have worn holes in the pocket already!

I guess that it is time to seriously consider an alternative to Levi's jeans. Any suggestions?
2323 comments|230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2012
The fit on these jeans is way different from my previous pair of 559s. I laid these new jeans on top of my old jeans and the crotch is 2 to 3 inches shorter. They are really uncomfortable. I'm returning mine.
Levi's makes a great pair of somewhat loose fitting "relaxed fit" jeans for gentlemen who want a slightly more relaxed look to their jeans; and these jeans are also a good choice for people like me who are slightly overweight. The jeans also come with a straight leg that looks just a little bit more "clean cut" without getting formal at all. They give you extra room and they look good; and that's great!

The denim is nice and thick; and these jeans are extremely durable. The excellent stitching--along with the cotton denim they use--helps make this possible. In fact, with proper care these jeans can last for years at a time without any fraying--even at the bottoms of the legs and at the five pockets. I also like the relaxed, very slightly oversized look on the sides of the straight legs.

One extra bonus is that Levi's makes these jeans in big and tall sizes for guys; big and tall sizes are harder to find so this makes these jeans a great product for larger guys out there.

Make sure you choose the right size and color for you if you're using the sizing chart along with the pricing and availability chart above on this webpage. In addition, although these jeans are essentially permanent press, I would wash these jeans with similar colors to avoid any color dye bleeding onto white garments in the wash or dryer cycle.

If you want a pair of jeans with some extra room in the seat and thigh areas but yet come with a straight leg, this is exactly what you're looking for. Indeed, these fine jeans by Levi's outscore jeans made by other manufacturers. They are remarkably comfortable and yet the fabric is strong to make these last!
66 comments|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2012
What is the point of keeping the same style number if you are going to completely change the style and quality of the jeans? These quality of these jeans is very poor.
on January 5, 2015
I recently purchased two pairs of Levi's 559 men's jeans (albeit in different colors) each in the same size of 33" x 34". While one pair fit just perfectly, as expected, the other pair were better suited for someone about half a foot taller than me. Clearly, I am returning this pair. Please see the attached picture. If the jeans were a fraction of an inch different, I would have never noticed nor cared. However, here in the age of computers, automation, and complex information systems, you'd think a multinational company like Levi's could make sure a simple old pair of pants were manufactured to specification!
review image
on September 18, 2012
I bought a pair of pants last week i have recibed already but they have: damage on the label, Fabric texture different to others of the same model, I would like to have a refund of the money or change the pants.this was the only way I found to make a complaint, I expect an answer.
review image review image
on February 15, 2010
Levi's sizes are not typical. The darker blue ones that I bought fit tighter than the the lighter blue pair of the same model 559. I will not buy jeans online again. Hopefully my brother can fit into them!
on November 9, 2011
Purchased and these are terrible. The design has changed drastically. They are now lower cut waist and not a relaxed fit at all. 559's were at one time a good choice but not any more!

Also, if you purchase them in "rigid" know that is a somewhat raw denim. Follow the wear instructions...wear them for a long time before washing and do not dry them. If you dry the 559 "rigid' they will shrink up a size or more like the 501 shrink to fit. They are made in Cambodia.

The other 559's are not shrinking like the "rigid" but the style/cut is just nothin like the 559's i purchased two years ago.

I am done with Levis. World wide production (whoever can make it cheaper) has turned their product into junk.
on September 16, 2015
I thought I was safe buying Levi's online, however, I was wrong... I have two old pairs of 559 jeans (which I love!) but they were years old and getting worn out so I was ready to get a new pair. I figured that ordering the same size, style, and brand that I would get what I already had. Levi's must have changed the design or something because the new pair that I received was much larger than what I have (see photos). They are much longer, looser in the leg, and just don't fit the same—very annoying.

I have given them 1 star out of frustration due to the sizing. It would have been 5 if they fit right :(
review image review image review image