5.0 out of 5 stars Easy
This is an easy product to review. Basically, while I feel I'm still too young to wear my trousers up under my armpits, I'm equally too old now to wear them down around my thighs - and I'm not exaggerating there; I've seen these dudes with my own eyes. Also, I tried a pair of 501s this summer (apparently, they're all the rage) and they while they were nice and...
Published on November 8, 2007 by Olukayode Balogun

1.0 out of 5 stars Boooo! to the new 569
Published on April 12, 2011 by Candi E. Ruffini

1.0 out of 5 stars Boooo! to the new 569, April 12, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's 569 Loose Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)
Anyone who is a long time fan of the levi's 569 beware. Levi's have decided to completely change the cut of this jean and not change the number, so what used to be the 569 is very different from what they are selling now. They are a great deal tighter in the seat and thigh, so the relaxed fit is not nearly as generous. Also they are much lower at the waist almost making them low cut jeans.. For some, this may be exactly what you want, but for those who are long time buyers of this style expect to be disappointed. Shame on levis for pulling the switch. I think if you change the style you should change the number so people know what they are getting. Unfair and confusing of them to keep the number but not they style. I am shipping mine back immediately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loose fit my ass, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's 569 Loose Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)
They have completely changed the cut of these jeans. I'm in shape and these jeans barely fit over my thighs. I bought them hoping they would stretch out like my older pair of loose fit jeans the same size. From what I've read however, they've changed manufactureres. Sorry folks, fans of Levi's should just vote with their wallet because apparently they think everyone wants skinny jeans that are pasted on to their legs. I seriously don't even know which brand to try now. These jeans are garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THESE JEANS IF YOU LIKED THE WAY THAT 569's FIT IN 2009!!!, June 6, 2011
Dear Levi's,

Someone should sue you for false advertising. What part of "LOOSE" do you not understand? I'm a 34Wx36L and I have worn Levi's jeans since 1990. They always fit me better than any other jeans and the 569 series was always the most comfortable for me. So why would you change the cut so much and still keep the same number AND "loose" on the label???? Do you think anyone else that has been buying these jeans for a long time is going to keep buying them and not notice how much tighter they are?? This is the biggest crock ever! Everyone who bought these jeans for the comfort they USED to provide now has to find another brand. Nice marketing idiots. I ordered 4 new pairs last week and returned them all today. Now I have to find a new brand because these were the only Levi's jeans that fit me well. Anyone who is not a woman and does not have toothpick legs will hate the new 569's.

DO NOT BUY THESE JEANS IF YOU LIKED THE WAY THAT 569's FIT IN 2009!!! THEY HAVE CHANGED THE CUT DRAMATICALLY AND THEY NOW FIT LIKE "SKINNY" JEANS.

If anyone out there knows of any brands of jeans that fit like the old 569's please let me know. Thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars tight jeans, April 25, 2011
I have another pair same dimensions and it fits totally different. This one is tight. Levis sizing is not consistent. Stay away.

1.0 out of 5 stars beware, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's 569 Loose Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)
if you have worn 569's before and liked the fit you will not like these. They are much shorter in the crotch. They are nothing like the 569's I have purchased in the stores. Very disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Decline of Levi's, January 25, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's 569 Loose Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)
I have been wearing 569 jeans since as long as I can remember and was always satisfied until recently. I have purchased 6 pairs in the last 2 years (both from Amazon and in stores) and have been increasingly unhappy with them. All six pairs fit differently including having completely different waists and lengths despite being the same size. Also, the quality of the material has been variable even between pairs that are the same "finish". In addition they wear out much faster then they used to, including wearing through the knees and crotch. I don't wear them for any rugged activity just normal casual wear and they don't even last a year; I recall having older pairs that lasted for nearly 5 years. The QC also has been bad with the alignment of stitching on the legs and the dept of the pockets variable. I have also noticed that the quality of the material is not what it used to be. I wonder if these issues have to do with the fact that the jeans come from Mexico or Bangladesh now. I will not be buying anymore Levi's products and have returned my last purchase which was by far the worst pair yet. I guess I will have to look for another brand, I hear that Lee and Wrangler are still making high quality jeans for men.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Joke, August 24, 2011
Big Bob (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Men's 569 Loose Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)
First off, these jeans are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the ones Levis used to make WITH THE EXACT SAME NAME. How stupid is that? I guess it's smart if you're intentionally trying to trick people.

These jeans are made out of a thinner, cheaper material, and worst of all they have minimal crotch room. If you have male reproductive body parts, they will not fit in these jeans. Also, these jeans are made in various third world countries, so quality, materials, and fit will vary. An incredibly terrible product. Because of this, it will be a long time before I ever buy Levis again, if ever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed in Levi's changes, November 8, 2010
This review is from: Levi's Men's 569 Loose Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)
I called Levi's to see why they are now low on the hips. They informed me people called and asked us to. I said, well people that LIKED the way they fit weren't calling!?! Why don't they make NEW designs, instead of changing what people like!?! We also had to get 2 pairs. 1st pair the seam went across the front of your leg, instead of the side. They were also super long. I am so dissapointed. I told Levi's we are going to have go to another company, there isn't anything left for my husband with them. They don't have anything to replace these now that they are changed. On a side note for people smaller sized they said the closest thing to these are Silvertab Levi's. Sadly, they don't make them up to 44, they stop at 42.

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely Disappointed!, September 18, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's 569 Loose Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)
Being a fan of the "Old" 569 Straight leg Loose jeans I took a shot at ordering this new style. I had read some of the negative reviews but took a chance on them anyhow. Now after receiving them I wish I hand't wasted my time with these and I'm still left wondering what the hell Levi's is thinking. Thin material, shallow pockets, tight fitting, and just all around uncomfortable. I hope to find another style that fits like the Old 569's.

1.0 out of 5 stars Either the style changed or poor QC, December 8, 2011
PowderedWaterToo (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
My favorite pair of jeans are a Levi's 569 Loose Straight. So, I figured if I got the same brand, same line, same size, then it would fit the same... right? Wrong.

I ended up returning these because of the ridiculous fit. I thought that it was perhaps an inconsistent production line, but I read many reviews on the Levi's website that complained of the same thing: The crotch begins very high, so the back of the jeans ride way up in your a$s. I can't imagine anyone would enjoy this fit! It looks and feels absurd.

So if you have an older pair of 569s that you love, don't count on these fitting the same. I guess they wanted to save 2 cents in fabric at the expense of crotch/butt room.

Levi's Men's 569 Loose Straight Leg Jean