Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on December 18, 2011
This belt is exactly what it looks like in the picture. It smells and looks great. I do not know how belts are measured, but I purchased the 40". The length of the actual leather is 45" and the length to the most outer hole is 41.5
I could probably have got away with ordering the 38" belt if the last outer hole is 39.5"

There are 5 holes on the belt and they are 1" apart. Therefore the inner most hole is at 37.5"
The belt is 3mm thick and not stiff.
The width is 1.5"
33 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2013
I owned a Levi's leather belt just like this for probably 10 years before I finally decided to retire it and get a new one -- it didn't break, it just got stretched and the surface was worn away. I ordered a new one that looks identical to the one I had, but after just a few months it fell apart. I figured it was just a defective one, so I bought two more (I'm losing weight and keep going down sizes so I bought them in different sizes), only to find that both of those fell apart as well. I've gone through three of these belts in less than a year -- the belt splits because it is not a single piece of leather, but only a thin leather covering that de-laminates after any use except being displayed on a mannequin.

I don't know where my old belt was made, but these new ones are made in China, and it shows. They claim it is made of "100% leather" but when it falls apart you'll see it clearly isn't.

I used to associate the Levi's brand with quality, but now I consider the brand junk. Some short-sighted corporate executive has tarnished their brand in order to get a few more percentage points of profit from a $20 belt.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2012
This is a well made belt that I feel will last for a good while.

As for sizing, the length you order is the overall length of the belt. I placed an order based on my pants size and it didn't fit. My advice. Order the next size up from your waist size (e.g. order a 36 if you're a size 34).
on June 25, 2012
So the belt is really thin, but tall. the belt is rolling edges into itself since it is so thin. It will hold your pants up though. I have had this belt for 2 weeks and just ordered a different one. My 6 year old 3 dollar mall kiosk knockoff belt is in better shape than this belt.
on June 24, 2012
The buckle of the product is actually not what shown on the picture. After a month of using this product the belt started splitting on the layers where I buckle it. I'm not happy with that product and do not recommend to buy this belt.
on July 23, 2012
This is junk. Don't waste your 20 bucks expecting a real leather belt -- real leather belts are not rubbery. I just put it on and noticed the tell tale sign of leather cracking on the inside. I doubt this will last more than a couple months.

edit Nov. 12:
I came to the conclusion that it's not a synthetic belt, they just used really soft (cheap?) leather. I agree with the other guy, I've bought leather belts from flea markets that last longer than this. It's wearing pretty badly, the holes are egged out. I expect to get maybe another 4-6 months out of it. Maybe I'll turn the leather into a strop and get a tandy blank to make a new belt.
on January 10, 2012
My husband wanted a belt to wear to work, so this was one of two belts I ordered for my husband for Christmas. He doesn't like real large prominent buckles, and this one suited him fine. This is a nice reversible black/brown belt at a very nice price. Both belts were returned because I ordered the wrong size, but we will definitely reorder in a larger size.
on May 30, 2014
This is an good everyday belt, but nice enough for business casual. The belt feels substantial enough and the buckle is of good weight. The size was true. I can't speak of its long term durability as I just got the belt, but it is a single piece of leather with 2 rivets holding the buckle no stitching on the belt at all and the belt loop appears to be glued in. So not the best workmanship but will probably last a while.
on March 18, 2013
My husband asked for a leather belt for everyday wear that would have some strength... I figured Levi's was a safe bet. NOT so on this choice... flimsy particle board leather, thin and not what i consider "real" leather. Poor quality and super thin. My husband was very disappointed that it was made in China too, and not the quality you would expect from the brand. Also- he is a 32, which i ordered, but the belt was too small- that seems odd - my husband is a slender, fit carpenter and never in need to go larger... this was way off on many levels. Very disappointing.
on July 21, 2014
It's much wider than I expected. It does fit through jean belt loops, but just barely. If that's what you want the belts is very good. For me the belt is too wide so I rarely wear it.

Belt is thin and supple. Any thinner and the belt loops would fold the belt over. The buckle is solid, no problem. I've had the belt for month but cannot comment on wear because I rarely use it.