Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 11, 2010
I had the same problem with the belt that another customer (Darin Wolfe) had. The buckle separated from the belt and the belt is unusable. This happened within 4 months of purchase.

Don't purchase this belt.

Amazon is going to refund my money and I am going to purchase another belt from another manufacturer. Thank you Amazon.

Bob Mc
on April 25, 2010
This belt is really a nice belt. the leather is nice, looks good. However, it is reversible because the buckle pulls out away from the part that clamps to the belt via a spring held wire, then it flips around - allowing you to wear the belt in reverse and still buckle correctly. the wire is fastened to the buckle part via a friction fit cylinder that may or may not hold multiple reverses. after about 5 weeks, I went to take the belt off and the friction fit, no longer held and popped out. I have hammered it back in numerous times, but it will not hold for longer than about 5 minutes. I am going to use metal epoxy to glue it in, which may eliminate the reversible feature (not that I planned on using it that much anyway) -

long story short, i can't really reccomend this belt until they find a different way of attaching the buckle, that is more secure.
on February 17, 2013
Purchased this belt and after a short period of time belt started to separate in two, very cheap quality never again Levis has sure lost it's mark for quality. I dont purchase the jeans anymore for the same reason poor quality.
on April 7, 2011
I bought this belt recently, as with other folks, the buckle has separated from the belt, as the swivel pin has broken. Don't buy this belt. It is poorly made.
on August 3, 2015
When wearing the black side out, the brown "leather" on the inside gets damaged by the buckle...........
review image
I have belts from Levi Strauss that are ten years old. These belts were solid leather with construction so rugged, you could use them as cargo straps in an aerial lift. They also looked good and wore very well. This belt is not in that category and is more in line with the loss of quality I have experienced over the years with Docker's products in general.

This belt is constructed with what I term light construction. It is not solid leather and not heavy at all (I compared to Levi's belts I have had for 10 years). There is a thin leather covering over the belt. I suspect the material under the leather covering is similar to other belts that I have had that fray. The belt is sized just a little small compared to others I have tried. The buckle is constructed very well however and the fact it is reversible makes it suitable for travel.

Under normal use, I predict this belt will last about 18 months, just like my other recent Levi purchase. Seriously dissapointed in the degradation of the brand over the years.
on August 28, 2013
I will be returning this belt for two issues First, I followed the sizing directions that you should order one size larger than your pant size. The belt I received was labeled as the size I ordered. When I tried on the belt, it was way too big. Even using the smallest buckle hole, my pants slid down. This was a big ego boost, since the belt indicated that I had lost 4" off my waist. Secondly, the description does not state that you cannot change the buckle using snaps...the buckle is permanently attached to the belt. The quality of the belt is fine. Be aware of size issue.
on December 7, 2015
Levi's Men's Big And Tall Brown To Black Reversible Belt,Brown/Black,48

I too had purchased this item although it was through my fiance's prime account I believe at the time of purchase.
Levi's and/or Levi Strauss products were at one time well respected because they lasted a long time. Some friends still have the denim wear from 30 years ago or more, due to the quality the product 'Used' to be.
Purchased in April, I expected it to last longer.
As with other reviews, I too experienced the separation of the leather from the swivel buckle. The quality of the leather and the buckle separately, I could have dealt with. However a poorly designed way combining the buckle to the leather makes it easily separate over time. Sorry Levi's a big thumbs down on this one. NOTE**** After moments of looking at said item, I found the screws in the swivel to be removable. I simply unscrewed them cut off the damaged leather, made a V-notch to allow the leather to slide back in the swivel, not interfering with the spring and swivel mechanism and inserted the strap fully into the slot. Using an awl I then made preset holes for the screws to go back in. The only drawback was the screw-head snapped off on one screw, so now is permanently in the hole. The other screw stripped but a suitable wood screw approximately the same thread pattern with a tapered head worked as a replacement and the belt seems strong than the original set up. I shall update as time goes on, just how many times I might have to readjust due to wear at the swivel and buckle. I had to use screws I had in the house, but as you can see maybe a smaller screw would have been just as good. Running out to the store however would not have been an option as my pants would be down around my ankles.
review image review image review image
on January 24, 2016
Great belt. No complaint with looks, construction, etc.. I was surprised to find the belt was much larger than expected. I added two holes and it was still too big. One day I noticed the belt is stamped "50". I ordered a "46". I still had the package and plastic tag that came on the belt. It said "46". So, I guess the sizes run correctly. I just got a mislabeled belt.
I would love a 46 and might order one when I'm a little less annoyed. It's a shame I put holes in it before I figured out the problem...
This would probably be 5-stars if the size had been correct.
on June 8, 2016
This durable belt has held up my plus-size jeans, casual pants, and cargo shorts almost every day for the past several months! The buckle is easy to flip so I can stick with my go-to black or use the brown side with no problem when the need arises. I love sticking to basics, and this Levi's belt works brilliantly for me.

The antique nickel finish has rubbed off just a bit -- which I consider expected wear. The holes have only stretched slightly despite my waist size fluctuating. The feathered edges keep discomfort to a minimum, even when the belt is cinched tighter than the waist size of my pants. I only occasionally get pinched, and that's usually when I'm pulling the belt back through the loops too quickly when I remove it.

All in all, this Levi's reversible leather belt is the perfect daily wear solution for my utilitarian lifestyle ... and yes, I paid the full Amazon sale price, so this is NOT a solicited review.