Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on November 11, 2010
I had the same problem with the belt that another customer (Darin Wolfe) had. The buckle separated from the belt and the belt is unusable. This happened within 4 months of purchase.

Don't purchase this belt.

Amazon is going to refund my money and I am going to purchase another belt from another manufacturer. Thank you Amazon.

Bob Mc
0Comment38 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2010
This belt is really a nice belt. the leather is nice, looks good. However, it is reversible because the buckle pulls out away from the part that clamps to the belt via a spring held wire, then it flips around - allowing you to wear the belt in reverse and still buckle correctly. the wire is fastened to the buckle part via a friction fit cylinder that may or may not hold multiple reverses. after about 5 weeks, I went to take the belt off and the friction fit, no longer held and popped out. I have hammered it back in numerous times, but it will not hold for longer than about 5 minutes. I am going to use metal epoxy to glue it in, which may eliminate the reversible feature (not that I planned on using it that much anyway) -

long story short, i can't really reccomend this belt until they find a different way of attaching the buckle, that is more secure.
33 comments20 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2011
I bought this belt recently, as with other folks, the buckle has separated from the belt, as the swivel pin has broken. Don't buy this belt. It is poorly made.
on February 17, 2013
Purchased this belt and after a short period of time belt started to separate in two, very cheap quality never again Levis has sure lost it's mark for quality. I dont purchase the jeans anymore for the same reason poor quality.
on August 3, 2015
When wearing the black side out, the brown "leather" on the inside gets damaged by the buckle...........
review image
I have belts from Levi Strauss that are ten years old. These belts were solid leather with construction so rugged, you could use them as cargo straps in an aerial lift. They also looked good and wore very well. This belt is not in that category and is more in line with the loss of quality I have experienced over the years with Docker's products in general.

This belt is constructed with what I term light construction. It is not solid leather and not heavy at all (I compared to Levi's belts I have had for 10 years). There is a thin leather covering over the belt. I suspect the material under the leather covering is similar to other belts that I have had that fray. The belt is sized just a little small compared to others I have tried. The buckle is constructed very well however and the fact it is reversible makes it suitable for travel.

Under normal use, I predict this belt will last about 18 months, just like my other recent Levi purchase. Seriously dissapointed in the degradation of the brand over the years.
on August 28, 2013
I will be returning this belt for two issues First, I followed the sizing directions that you should order one size larger than your pant size. The belt I received was labeled as the size I ordered. When I tried on the belt, it was way too big. Even using the smallest buckle hole, my pants slid down. This was a big ego boost, since the belt indicated that I had lost 4" off my waist. Secondly, the description does not state that you cannot change the buckle using snaps...the buckle is permanently attached to the belt. The quality of the belt is fine. Be aware of size issue.
on November 1, 2014
This is my second Levis belt. Both lasted less than 6 months. Should have know better but went with the brand name.
on December 7, 2015
Levi's Men's Big And Tall Brown To Black Reversible Belt,Brown/Black,48

I too had purchased this item although it was through my fiance's prime account I believe at the time of purchase.
Levi's and/or Levi Strauss products were at one time well respected because they lasted a long time. Some friends still have the denim wear from 30 years ago or more, due to the quality the product 'Used' to be.
Purchased in April, I expected it to last longer.
As with other reviews, I too experienced the separation of the leather from the swivel buckle. The quality of the leather and the buckle separately, I could have dealt with. However a poorly designed way combining the buckle to the leather makes it easily separate over time. Sorry Levi's a big thumbs down on this one. NOTE**** After moments of looking at said item, I found the screws in the swivel to be removable. I simply unscrewed them cut off the damaged leather, made a V-notch to allow the leather to slide back in the swivel, not interfering with the spring and swivel mechanism and inserted the strap fully into the slot. Using an awl I then made preset holes for the screws to go back in. The only drawback was the screw-head snapped off on one screw, so now is permanently in the hole. The other screw stripped but a suitable wood screw approximately the same thread pattern with a tapered head worked as a replacement and the belt seems strong than the original set up. I shall update as time goes on, just how many times I might have to readjust due to wear at the swivel and buckle. I had to use screws I had in the house, but as you can see maybe a smaller screw would have been just as good. Running out to the store however would not have been an option as my pants would be down around my ankles.
review image review image review image
on September 20, 2013
It is not leather, very cheap quality never again Levis has sure lost it's mark for quality. I dont purchase the jeans anymore for the same reason poor quality.

Do not buy it.