5.0 out of 5 stars Great Belt
Pro's:
Doesn't lose it's grip once you tighten it... seemingly no matter how much you tighten it up
THICK Belt, pretty stiff material!
Holds my pants up! :)
Goes with most anything

Con's:
A bit pricey... I paid $15 for it
Published on August 21, 2010 by Josh

3.0 out of 5 stars belt
Works good. Too good. Hard to release, when you're in a hurry, but doesn't slip, EVER, like my last belt!
Published on April 28, 2012 by John J. Smaltz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Belt, August 21, 2010
Josh (Eastern Central Ohio) - See all my reviews
Pro's:
THICK Belt, pretty stiff material!
Holds my pants up! :)
Goes with most anything

Con's:
A bit pricey... I paid $15 for it
A tad bit wider than other belts I have had. Fits inside all my pants belt loops... real snug. Any wider and I'd need taller belt loops to allow for it

Specs: Belt is 46" Long, 1 3/8" Wide & 3/16" Thick. Black Material

I'm the type of person who doesn't want to go cheap and buy a belt 3 times over because it wears away or loses its ability to stay tight around my waste. So, this is why I went with this belt.

I've had thick, kinda stiff material belts before and loved them. I'd recomend this to anyone who likes this style of belt, looking for a good quality belt and don't want their pants to fall down! :)

**4/30/13 Update**
After a little more than 2 years of wearing this belt 365 days, 24/7, I've had to get another one due to it wearing out. What wore out? Well, the teeth that dig into the fabric (webbing) of the belt actually started to fray and show its insides. This didn't bother me as it was on the inside of the belt, but, it starts loosing its grip when too much of its insides are revealed. The insides seemed to be many different color threads of string providing filling for the webbing to go around (the material you see on the belt itself)... whatever it was, it was enough to give me 2ish years of use out of it! (I'm rough on my belts - I wear 'em tight! I don't like my pants sagging!)

So, I got this same exact belt and there seems to be a difference or 2 about it. The name "Levi's" is now not only on the inside of the buckle (that's never seen by anyone except when you go to put it on, you could flip the buckle around to the back and see it on the far side of the buckle part that rests up against your belly/body when worn) but also on the end tab of the belt (the part that gets fed thru your pants belt loops).

Other than the branding, I've still got my old belt with me and I compared their thicknesses with one another and the new belt that I've just received from Amazon is 1/16 thinner than my old one. It also doesn't appear to be as stiff as my old one was. Now, is this a bad thing? I'd say it's a double edge sword in this case - there may have been people who complained about it being so stiff that it was difficult to thread thru the belt loops - so they made it thinner (guessing). But, on the other hand, will it last as long as the older thicker style did? Time will tell. Perhaps they're using a stronger material on the outside where the thickness on the inside doesn't matter?? All speculation - I say all that just to say "It's thinner yes, but is it a bad thing? Don't know yet"

Came with a small set of directions (Bless their little heart) that was under the belt buckle clamp. It may have been small, but it was concise. It was basically telling you how to cut the belt down to size in case the 42" size belt was too long for you, in 3 easy steps. (In case you were wondering, instructions had pictures with them and had: Step 1 - Open clamp in back of buckle, remove belt. Step 2 - Cut belt to appropriate size. Step 3 - Open clamp in back of buckle, insert belt then close clamp)

Had a number on it of 11LV0300 Style... and then the UPC code of 0 17149 53766 3

Hope this updated review helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice belt, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Levi's Men's Cotton Web Belt (Apparel)
This is a very nice, unpretentious belt. It's slimmer than I expected due to some complaints of others. Neither belt nor buckle is oversized... In fact they have both average size and are not bulky. The buckle has a tight grip and is very easy to open. The width of the belt is 3.8 cm which is pretty average, as most contemporary pants can have belts as wide as 5 cm. I don't know what kind of pants the gentlemen who found it too wide usually wears, but the fault surely lies with their pants and not with this belt. There's nothing wrong with this belt.

3.0 out of 5 stars belt, April 28, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars They wear out, but still a great military style belt., December 14, 2011
I go through one of these every 2 years because they will oxidize and fray eventually. I don't really care because they are inexpensive and easy to adjust compared to most pre-punched belts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Make Sure Belt Is Size Specified, November 25, 2010
This review is from: Levi's Men's Cotton Web Belt (Apparel)
Ordered 2 belts,Tan and Black. The Tan belt is great was the size quoted in the ordering process. After time had expired, I decided to ope and wear the Black Belt to find the size to be 32' instead of the 42' advertized. The belts are made to customized to meet your needs or size. Don't wait until you are ready to wear, open and check size. Now, I need to find a child that needs a belt! Check every order, even if you are not going to wear now.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality belt -- the only kind i use now, November 5, 2014
my wife bought me a similar belt and it ended up being my favorite, so i searched online and this seemed to be a good quality product. i was pleased when i received it. canvas a good thickness (while some other similar products on amazon had reviews describing the canvas as too thin), width is perfect, buckle seems like it will last. i like how these belts can be adjusted for any circumference. besides the infrequent occasion when a traditional leather belt is called for, i will use only this style of belt from now on. my former canvas belt (unfortunately, brand unknown) has lasted for 3 years of frequent use and still works like new. i expect this one will hold up similarly well. for my former belt, i removed the press-cover at the tip (not the buckle end), trimmed to length, and pressed the clip back on, and it hasn't frayed in 3 years. however due to a couple other reviewers stating problems with the canvas fraying, it will have my wife stitch the end on both belts. stitching may not be required but is prudent and may make the belt last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome belt!, October 3, 2010
If you're looking for a great belt, look no further. Classic style and great function, cinches tight and does not get loose.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for about a year, September 16, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's Cotton Web Belt (Apparel)
I like the way this belt looks, and I've worn it almost every day since I got it. It's actually easy to adjust since you can cut it at the buckle end (and still keep the metal tip). Unfortunately, as another reviewer had said, it started fraying like crazy from the buckle end! Then as it started falling apart, the buckle end got thinner and thinner until I had no more belt left. I've had it for less than a year, and I take good care of my stuff--this is the first time I've had an article of clothing fall apart. So it did work well--while it lasted.

Also, the clip to tighten the buckle gets jammed sometimes, which is not fun when you're trying to take a piss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, January 20, 2011
The other belt I got from Walmart was starting to show some tear, so I figured I'd go on amazon and look for a really cheap one. This one seemed simple and for 15 dollars I figured why not! I have worn it for a couple weeks now and it is doing fantastic. The only issue I have is that I'm not used to the kind of belt locking mechanism, so when I was tired...there was somewhat of a struggle. That's just me though

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for what it is, July 14, 2014
perfect for what it is, but none of these kinds of belts are uniform in width, it seems, so the buckle won't fit on other web belts.

Levi's Men's Cotton Web Belt