Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Men's Feathered Reversible Belt
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 26, 2012
I ordered this belt for my husband. Leather belts at reasonable prices and in the correct size are not easy to come by at the local stores. This belt is reversible. To change from black to brown you simply lift up on the buckle and twist. The mechanism is super easy to work. The double row of stitching makes this belt look dressy, but not so much so that it won't pair nicely with blue jeans. The leather is supple so there is not 'breaking in' period like on some men's belts. This buckle has a brushed silver appearance and seems to be quite sturdy. As to size, this belt runs true to size. For anyone confused about how to measure a belt, length is measured from the flat edge of the leather to the center hole and holes are one inch apart. (Most belts have five holes like this one does). Ideally belt holes are spaced so that if you order a size 36, for example, you will have holes at 34, 35, 36, 37 and 38 inches.
55 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2012
I needed a new belt but didn't have time or patience to go shopping. i was also worried about ordering online. I was worried that I would get the wrong size or wouldn't like the look once I got it but decided to take a chance. I'm very glad I did! The belt looks great with jeans or dockers and the size was perfect. The width is 1 3/4" and the length for the 38 is about 46" from tip of buckle to end of belt. I wear 36-38 pants and this is the perfect size.
on August 1, 2013
The belt is fairly well made and what I needed... I love reversible belts so I snapped this one up, then realized that while the black "outside" of the belt is real leather, the inside is brown plastic. So for me it's a non-reversible "reversible" belt. Does its job though and other than the plastic (and the sweat-inducing quality of that plastic) it's okay. Not a dress belt, but works for business casual.
on September 4, 2013
First, the quality of this belt is excellent and I really like the stylish buckle. Second, the size of the belt is accurate. I mention this because some of the reviewers complained about the belt being too short and suggested ordering the next size up. Most belt manufacturers say to measure the belt length from where the buckle attaches (or pivots for this particular buckle design) to the center hole. Using that measurement guide, this size 40 belt measures 40.5 inches. As a general rule, men should select a belt size that is approximately 2 inches longer than their pants size. But that rule only works if the belt manufacturer measures the belt size as described above. In my case I wear a size 38 pants and ordered the size 40 Levi belt. So I am very satisfied with this purchase.
on May 15, 2012
This belt looks good and is very well made but ....the description does not indicate the width of the belt. It is too wide for my taste and I probably won't use it much. It is a tight fit through some of the belt loops in my pants. I would like one just like it only about 1/2 inch narrower.
on December 21, 2012
I bought this as a gift for my husband. He wore it for a grand total of THREE days, and the buckle literally snapped! I am so disappointed! There weren't any return labels or addresses in the packaging. It was not shipped from Amazon.

The part that broke in half was the little rough bit that looks all industrial at the very front of the buckle.
on October 15, 2015
Don't buy it. Less than two months and a rivet came out. The rivet, inserted through the metal collar that holds the buckle to the leather body of the belt, is very small. I do not have the tools or a rivet to make a repair. I will take the belt to a shoe maker to see if the belt can be mended. I am skeptical about the repairman having such a small and specialized item as the rivet that is missing.
on September 24, 2014
Here's the scoop on Levi's sizing. The length is in inches, the width is in millimeters.

Over the years I have purchased several Levi's belts and they are a bit shorter now than they used to be. The current belts come with 5 punched holes, spaced one inch apart. The belts adjust from -1 to +3 inches of stated size, so a 40 inch belt would fit from 39 to 43 inches. People are usually advised to order a belt size that is 1 or 2 inches longer than your actual waist, to allow for clothing thickness. You could also measure waist size while wearing clothes. Some people have complained about the width of this belt, but I find the 40mm wide belt works well with the longer belt loops in Levi's work jeans.

The reversible belt buckle is held on by what looks like a press-fit twisted pin, with a small spring to allow the buckle to twist around for changing colors. This is not the best design, since the pin can sometimes pull out. I had to hammer the pin back in place once, for a belt that was only two months old. A drop of Loctite cement on the pin fixed the problem.

Some of the belt buckle frames (the part that the leather fits under) had sharp edges that scraped the leather. You might want to check that and file it smooth if needed.
on April 6, 2012
****UPDATE: I ordered a second one of these just recently and they are definitely not made as nice anymore. The brown is more of a grey brown now and the leather feels much cheaper. Bummer. Im dropping the stars from 5 to 3.*****

I'm happy with this belt. It looks really nice, the price was very reasonable, It isn't stiff like cardboard like some in the same price range are, and it holds my pants up nicely. I bought a few sizes bigger because of the other review...and while it still has enough holes to get the job done if I could back and order it again I would probably just get the size listed instead a few sizes bigger than my actual pant waist.
on March 9, 2014
At first look I thought this was an awesome belt, but after only having it a month it broke on me and then I realized how cheaply made this belt actually was. Thought I may be able to get a refund or a replacement, but the offer for replacements or refunds is only for a short period of time after you purchase the belt.

Cheap belt that looks good, but cheaply made and probably won't last you very long. Purchase at your own risk