Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on September 12, 2011
There isn't much to say about this belt. It's got a deep black color, it is leather, it is fairly thick and, thus, durable, and it has a detachable buckle.
on February 23, 2012
Levi's Men's Vegetable Leather Belt, Black, 36

Definitely choose two sizes too big. I am a 34, but the 36 give me that extra couple holes needed to go under the next belt loop.
11 comment20 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2010
A very unique belt buckle, craftmanship great, I love it so much I only wear it on special occassions and I always get compliments.
11 comment16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2009
I bought this belt for my son for Christmas and he has not stopped wearing it!
on May 8, 2012
I needed to buy a black leather belt for my work uniform and this was perfect! it's real leather but treated with oil so it's nice and flexible without being weak. I've been wearing it for weeks and haven't got that weird bend in the middle of the back like typically happens to me. I'm a woman with a small frame but I do need a belt that works with my curves and constant activity(yes i know it's a mans belt) and this one has held up to the test with all the bending and wear and tear I do to my belts. overall I am very pleased, and the belt buckle it comes with is really unique too!
on March 30, 2012
Just got this belt a few days ago, and right off the bat could tell it's a quality product. I really only wanted the buckle, however the belt is really nice. definitely order a size up! so glad I did. buckle is solid, and looks great. no buyers remorse here.
on December 26, 2012
This belt looks exactly like what you see. The buckle is removable, which was very important for me. The belt itself is pretty good quality too.
on October 21, 2011
The belt was exactly as advertised. Plain black leather, very supple and well finished. It easily adapts to all my other buckles and fits the belt loops of both my jeans and dress slacks perfectly. I'm not an expert, but it appears to be 100% genuine leather, and not made in China. The UPC tag implies USA manufacture. The buckle is a "Western" design; well made and heavy duty. If you normally wear a size 37" belt, and you are trying to decide between a 36" and a 38", definitely go for the 38"! So far, I'm totally happy with the purchase and gladly recommend it.
on July 17, 2015
I bought this belt for the buckle, and I am happy with this product. I haven't started wearing it, so the review is about the new product, and if there will be any quality issues in the wear, I will update it.
Technical data follows :) First of all, I am a woman, but I wanted a belt with a large nice buckle to wear with jeans, on the hips, so this one works very well for the purpose.
Unsure how to select the right size, I bought size 44, which turned out to be about 3 inches longer than what I reasonably need. My hips are 41". Size 44 is 49 inches long. I am undecided whether I want to poke a new hole or exchange for a smaller size.
If you are bent on removing the buckle to use with other belts, it seems to be doable, but not without some labor. See the photo for illustration. The buckle is attached with two permanent buttons that can only be broken to release it, and in addition there is a piece of hard wire securing the buckle to the belt. You will have to break the buttons and the wire and use new hardware to attach the buckle to a different belt.
The quality of the belt itself - it says, "genuine leather". I do have a tad of doubt in this regard, not that it makes a difference (I did not expect "genuine leather" because the product page says "vegetable"). It is a rigid. I think it might crease quickly in wear, I can't tell if it's going to look bad like some other rigid belts, or will be just fine.
In my opinion, the buckle itself is worth the money, so I am a happy buyer with this one.
review image review image review image
on December 27, 2014
I'm a bit disappointed because the holes are just too small to punch other different buckles in. When I tried I almost could not get the buckle out! Good thing I was not wearing the belt. Otherwise, I'd be forever trapped by this Belt! LOL. And because there are no protective rings around the holes, I think over time the holes will stretch and tear. The Levi's Logo buckle that comes with it looks great, though, and it fitted the holes perfectly.

See 1 answered question