5.0 out of 5 stars Low rise boot cut jeans - love'em
I'd been looking for a decent pair of non-baggy jeans for some time when I stumbled across these. I love these jeans! I spent 8 months losing 60 pounds, and I didn't do it to wear 'relaxed fit', 'loose fit', or 'comfy fit' jeans.
Published on December 19, 2010 by Allen L. Edwards

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin Material
Published on April 17, 2011 by KLS

5.0 out of 5 stars Low rise boot cut jeans - love'em, December 19, 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin Material, April 17, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's 527 Slim Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
We bought these in the "medium chipped" color. My husband loves the Levi's 527 style and we have purchased many of these jeans from the store. The ones that we bought here online were a very thin material as compared to all the others we have purchased before. We did not return them since my husband says he will wear them during the summer, but they would never hold up to be work jeans as intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like someone is cupping my balls at all times, September 19, 2011
Good if you like that sort of thing but some people may not be too keen on it. These are my new favorite jeans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Levi-Strauss 527 Low Rise Boot Cut Jeans, August 29, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Men's 527 Slim Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
Upon receiving the package, everything looks great..the material and stitching seems very similar to the standards of other Levi products as well as past Levi jeans I have personally worn for years. However, the jean material does seem a bit lighter, meaning it feels thinner and lighter weight than previous 527 jeans I have worn. In conjunction to this notion, I have also found the the fit to be a bit tighter around the waist, though the length of the leg seems to measure out fairly. Interestingly, I have found other reviews to also have similar issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor sizing, June 18, 2012
Jeans are skinny/slim fitting, tight in the seat & thigh, not regular fit as described, and about 2" too long in the leg. Leg opening is at least 2" narrower than previous 527s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good on older guys too, February 7, 2010
These are the only jeans that fit my husband who's in his mid-50's. The slim cut, low rise fit is ideal for my husband who's very lean due to his avid cycling. Most jeans don't fit him at all since the jean makers assume that guys over 30 are pudgy and out of shape! So glad we found these jeans.

2.0 out of 5 stars Way skinnier than all my other 527s, May 25, 2011
Anil (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Men's 527 Slim Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
I'm a fairly thin guy, so my other 527s fit quite nicely. They're loose, but not too loose. So when I received these from Amazon expecting the same fit as the 527s I bought a couple years ago I was really surprised. They were a very snug fit. They we're very similar to Levi's skinny fit jeans - not at all the look I want. Back they go.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Orginal Levis jeans - Knock Offs, May 10, 2012
kenneth j birdsall (WEST PALM BEACH, FL, US) - See all my reviews
The 3 pair of Levis 527 jeans i ordered were not orginal Levis!
Firstly all 3 of them fit differently, one pair was so bad I had to give them away, the legs was so tight i could not get them on.
The pockets are so small (the smallest pockets I have ever seen in a pair of jeans) that i could not even fit my cell phone in the front pocket without it sticking out.

This is my first problem / dissapointment I have had from any order that i have gone through amazon on, and I order alot of stuff thru amazon.

This vendor should be removed from their list and turned into the commerice department for fraud.

Ken Birdsall

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Again, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Levi's Men's 527 Slim Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
I have been wearing Levi's as long as I remember and have purchased, probably 30 pair of 527's over the years....maybe more. This is also the first time I have ordered jeans over Amazon, always electing to purchase in department stores. Needless to say, these jeans wer so, so much tighter (same size) than the ones purchased in the stores where I cannot even pull them up my legs. The ones from the stores (of course, the same size) have almost an excessive amount of room. Also, the pockets were likely made for a babies pair of jeans but they accidently swapped out the pattern! They are about 1/3 the size as a normal pocket (as the ones I usually purchase). Lastly, the tag is much smaller and different than the same jeans purchased in stores. I just have a hard time believing these are actually Levi's. I strongly suspect they are knock offs. I will definitely return and not purchase again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Levi's changed quietly changed the fit for these jeans, March 10, 2014
I'm relatively short at 5'8" but I wear a size 11.5 in shoes. Anything other than boot cut tends to make me look like I a clown with jeans on. Needless to say, trying to find jeans has always been a frustrating affair. When I do find a good pair of jeans, I usually stick with them for a few years. Recognizing my jeans were becoming a bit dated a couple years ago, I went looking for new jeans and stumbled upon the 527's. I was so happy I did. No pair of jeans had ever fit as well on me as the 527's. Back then, they were known as the "low rise boot cut" jean. They sat a tad below the waist, had enough room in the thigh for a normal male and fit comfortably over the tongues of my clown shoes.
Thinking that Levi's sequenced their jeans so that the cut would always be the same for the life of their run, about a year ago I purchased a darker pair of 527s online without ever having tried them on. This pair felt really snug in the thigh and the waist though. I thought perhaps I needed to break them it a bit, but months later, they were still the same. In the end, I just chalked it up to a manufacturer defect and thought no more of it.
Last month I repurchased another pair of the 527's on Amazon (which this review pertains to). So excited, I closed my office door and tried them on as soon as they arrived. However, when I pulled them up, my boxers bunched up in ways I only fear of in my dreams. When I was finally able to button them up, I felt like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz trying to walk around in my office. It was as if someone had painted these jeans onto my legs. Thinking it maybe was all in my mind, I tried them on for my fiancée back home. She literally laughed in my face. I finally got to see what I looked like in the mirror and I laughed out loud as well. If you have ever seen the episode from “It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia” where Frank buys a pair of skinny jeans, that is what I looked like. Completely baffled, I placed the new 527s on top of my old 527s and at that point I finally realized the cut was completely different. It was slimmer not only in the waist and the thigh, but also at the bottom of the jean. I looked at the labels and finally saw that the name changed too: "low rise" boot cut v. "slim" boot cut. I googled the jeans to see if Levis ever made an announcement of the change. Nothing online other than disgruntled former customers who, like me, realized the switch after purchasing these newer jeans. Needless to say, I returned these to Amazon completely unhappy (not with the seller, with Levis). Once again, I find myself on a never-ending quest to find jeans that fit both my shape and my style since Levis no longer does.

Levi's Men's 527 Slim Boot Cut Jean