5.0 out of 5 stars 513 vs 511
I decided to try these 513s after having owned a pair of 511s a few years ago. I'm a thin guy at 6'0 150lb, and the 511s felt far too much like skinny jeans even though they're labeled as slim. They hugged every part of my leg and the rise was far too short for men's "parts" to have breathing room.

I had a hard time finding anything comparing the differences...
Published 14 months ago by Jor

2.0 out of 5 stars right fit but stiff material, crooked inseam
Liked the fit, love the 2% spandex but material is stiff like 30% cardboard and inseam on left leg crooked. Levi's is no help to figure out if another 513 might be better on material. Like mattresses they sell many different products to many stores so the number 513 has lots of variations in names, weight & material.
Published 7 months ago by jayk

5.0 out of 5 stars 513 vs 511, October 9, 2013

I had a hard time finding anything comparing the differences between the 513 and 511. The 513s are just a more breathable 511 in my opinion. They are the perfect alternative for someone looking for slim, but avoiding the skin tight feel.

These were better than many jeans I had paid triple the price for. Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Jeans Ever!, September 10, 2013
Previously had regular fit and relaxed fit jeans with and without bootcut. But styles change and I needed a new fresh look so my friend recommended Levi 513's. Bought 2 pairs, a dark and a lighter wash. Excellent shipping speed, Amazon always seems to deliver anything I order within a week even if I choose the cheapest slowest shipping option.

Never having owned a pair of Levi's, I feel I have been missing out. These are probably the best fitting, most comfortable jeans I have ever worn, and for the price it totally beats out high end designer brands I have been wasting my money on for years. I usually wear these on the weekend to casual outings, bar, movies, going out on the town what have you. What surprised me the most is how elastic the denim is. Every pair of jeans I ever bought was fairly rough and stiff and there is a break in period but these felt broken in as soon as I wore them, not baggy or ridged... Extremely comfortable.

People should know before buying the 513's is they are SLIM FIT. The leg opening is small so it gives you that "skinny" look but still the fabric does not hug your skin, the waist fits comfortable and is not tight. If you have really skinny legs and want something that hugs your legs then you want the 512's which is SKINNY.

Curious thing about the jeans is I bought a similar pair from Nordstrom, a dark blue with black threading (although 35$ more) but the material was denim but very stiff and hard, so I decided to return them.

All in all, great jeans, great price, great fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars 511s now switching to 513s (also read if stretchy fabric concerns you), November 24, 2013
I'm used to the 511s but wanted to switch it up a bit, so I got these. They aren't much different then the 511s, except the offer a little more leg room which is what I was looking for. So when wearing the 513s I can move around much more freely without the restriction the 511s can have sometimes. They still look lean and close fitting maybe just a little more room around the ankle which fits a little better over a shoe. (I wear vans) and they aren't dragging on the floor or anything.

I highly recommend them. A little more grown up look then the 511s, while keeping the style of skinny jeans.

And I got the bastion color which is just dark blue, I was skeptical about buying online because levis have all these weird colors and is hard to tell what they look like online. But I just wanted dark blue, and that's what they are.

Oh and also with people complaining about the stretchy fabric. Idk what they have to complain about the material is really comfortable and the stretch allows the pants to move with you instead of restricting you like straight up denim. Which is great because i ride bikes (bmx) and I've ripped many pairs of pants that didnt have the stretchy material built in. I've worn levis for years and both denim and the denim with the stretch have lasted for years even through the stretchy ones feel like a lighter fabric. I've got both styles pushing 4 years of everyday wear and tear to crashes at the skatepark. You should not be swayed because of the material they ar3 is what I guess I'm trying to say. Lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for "All Tummy" Men with No Butt or Thighs! Yes, it's True! , November 25, 2014
HarvestMoon (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Men's 513 Slim Straight Jean (Apparel)
Okay, I know these are "Slim" jeans and I know everyone says one must be, well, slim in order to wear them. Right? And to some degree this makes sense: Slim guy, slim cut jeans. Larger guy, larger cut jeans. Well my husband is in his late 60s and things have sort of "shifted" around over the years. Specifically, everything from his butt and thighs has been "redistributed" to his abdomen. He is usually very, very hard to fit because most pants that fit around the waist are huge, baggy and sloppy looking everywhere else. Enter the 513; absolutely the best fitting pants I've ever seen him wear. They fit perfectly. Everywhere.

So what's the deal? Why do these jeans fit so well and look sooooooo good? I really had to think about it and it took me many tries before I caught on. Since my husband refused to go to the store to buy some jeans, I was left to my own devices and I learned a lot about men's jeans (and Levi's in particular) in the process.

I'm oversimplifying things here but there are generally two things that describe the way a pair of jeans will fit a man, aside from the waist size and the inseam. First, there's the "cut." This is how the pant fits in the rear and thighs. Levi's has seven general cuts, going from "tightest" in the rear and thigh to "loosest" in the rear and thigh: Skinny, Slim, Regular, Original, Relaxed, Loose, and Comfort. Second, there's the look and style of the leg. Levi's has four leg cuts: Skinny, Taper, Straight and Boot.

So, add this all up and there are four variables:

1. Waist size;
2. Inseam (or length);
3. Cut; and
4. Leg style.

With Levi's you can generally mix and match. So they have the 504 "Regular Straight," the 508 "Regular Taper," the 559 "Relaxed Straight, " the 513 "Slim Straight," etc. Generally the "cut" is listed first followed by the "leg." ALL of the Levi's styles come in virtually any waist size and in virtually any length so as long as you get the right waist size, it will fit around the middle regardless of the cut (or the leg).

So for an "average" proportioned guy, the 513 "Slim Straight" will run slim or close fitting in the thigh and butt (in his proper waist size) but for my husband, they fit like a "normal" pant would since he's so much smaller than "average" in the seat and thighs. Make sense? All of this assumes you get your correct, actual waist size so guys, don't skimp there even though it's tempting.

Example: If I were trying to fit a short guy (say 30"L) with a skinny waist (say a 32"W), but with large thighs and a big butt, I would probably start with something like the 550 "Relaxed Taper" or the 559 "Relaxed Straight" because the "Relaxed" cut will look "normal" on him assuming he is wearing his correct waist size.

I hope this helps those of you who are not of "average" proportion and are struggling to find a pair of "normal" fitting jeans. My husband never looked better and for the first time in FOREVER he actually likes his jeans!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stretchiness Varies By Color - Details Below, May 21, 2014
TCombel (Metairie, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This color runs the same in the waist as 559's. These are slightly stretchy even though they list more elastane than other 513's (2%) I was looking for something more modern fitting than the 559 that I still feel OK wearing to work. These fit the bill. I ordered these one size larger based on other 513's and 514's. I had to revert to my 559 sizing.

Recap in case these don't match up with Amazon's pages.
Levine - slightly stretchy, 2% elastane, run same size as 559's in the 36" waist.
Quincy - pure cotton stretch only, 100% cotton, run one size smaller than 559's in the 36" - 38" waist.
Ice Cap - pure cotton stretch only, 100% cotton, run one size smaller than 559's in the 36" - 38" waist.
Bastion - stretchy, 1% elastane but stretchier than Levine, I think these run same size as 559's in the 36" waist. I returned and did not reorder as I did not like the stretchiness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the answer, August 29, 2013
The straight fit is perfect. No baggy seat and no floppy legs. Will order this item again when I need another pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars 513's - All the way, July 9, 2014
Cris Mertens (Winter Park, FL) - See all my reviews
I'm 6' 2" and weigh 155 lbs (so basically a giraffe) and these jeans fit me perfectly. Since skinny jeans make my legs look like sticks and regular jeans make me look like I'm an old man -- I found that 513's are an absolute perfect fit for me. So much so that I literally threw out (donated) all my old jeans and now only own 3 varied styles of 513's (grey, cash and ice cap). Love em'.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect pair of jeans., December 26, 2013
So I bought a pair of these to replace a worn-out (very well-loved) pair of slim-straight 514's. I was hesitant just because they weren't the exact same cut. BUT, I put these on, they fit BETTER than my 514's and they are SO COMFORTABLE. Honestly they are stretchy and I feel like I'm wearing basketball shorts! I love them so much I ordered another pair.
Bottomline: These fit true to size-and even have a little give considering the stretchy material. The only jeans I will wear. And they're Prime!

2.0 out of 5 stars right fit but stiff material, crooked inseam, May 9, 2014
This review is from: Levi's Men's 513 Slim Straight Jean (Apparel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Jeans At a Fair Price, April 5, 2007
John F. Moore (Davisburg, MI USA) - See all my reviews
I bought these jeans online because I got sick of going to brick & mortar stores and searching through the racks for my size. Usually, they didn't have them. The "Raven" color is the best, the stitching on the "black" jeans really stands out and looks odd. Maybe after a few more washings, it will fade out. Jeans are well worth $30.

Levi's Men's 513 Slim Straight Jean