5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit for muscular legs
My bottom end is hard to fit. I have huge quads and glutes from the sports I do. The 514s provide lots of room without being baggy.

Edit: just received another pair in 36x32, which is the size I always order. They were WAY tighter in the thighs than previous pairs I've ordered. Levis needs to get their QC in check. Their sizing is all over the place.
Published 17 months ago by Hamstar

2.0 out of 5 stars Levi forgot how to measure
Published 18 months ago by phd1

2.0 out of 5 stars Levi forgot how to measure, July 11, 2013
I've been a loyal Levi customer for years. I have a couple of styles that I used to be able to buy several at a time but not any more. Each pair has a different country of origin but even considering that, an inch should still be an inch, be it made in Mexico, Columbia or where ever else Levi contracts out to for the production. Given the significant discrepancies in the Levi fit, it makes it really tough to shop on line since its about a 70% chance I'm going to ship it back and eat the shipping cost. Too bad!! These jeans were marked 36x36 unfortunately they measure 35x35. I'm 6'6 and need every inch on the inseam I can get, so if they start out an inch short and shrink even a little I'm wearing flood pants, not a good look. Come on Levi, let's get back to a quality product, a consistent fit and an allowance for shrinkage so what you end up with is the same as the size you purchased unless you are purchasing the shrink to fit which these are not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit for muscular legs, September 2, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I am in love with these pants!, August 10, 2012
Mike M (Beaverton, OR) - See all my reviews
Fantastic fit and lightweight. Loose in all the right places and snug in all the others. I know buying clothes online is subjective because not every person has the same body type, but these pants were a pleasant surprise. I'll be shopping on Amazon for clothes more often now.

5.0 out of 5 stars SWEET! (but my pleasure is some other's pain) - inaccurate sizing, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Levi's Men's 514 Straight Leg Twill Pant (Apparel)
(by Betty's other half)

I ordered these in Chinchilla sized 32 x 29. I really measure at 32 x 27.5 but those simply don't exist anywhere and 27 or 28" inseams are just too hard to find. So, I tolerate a little discomfort in the rise and a touch too long jeans as a result or I buy women's in a 6P or 8P and tolerate their tiny pockets.

What makes these "sweet"? They came an inch short in the inseam AND they shrunk a 1/2" -- how convenient for me. They are now 31.5 x 27.5" Perhaps not so convenient if you really needed a 29 inseam.

These are tagged "Made in Cambodia" and "100% cotton" - it's not a heavy denim fabric like the old days though.

I'm sure it has to do with metric conversion and rounding as well as fabric condition before stitching but we might all want to be aware. These are perfect for me, your mileage may vary considerably.

5.0 out of 5 stars I own all 3 colors of the Twill pants and 4 pairs of 514 Jeans as well. Enough said., June 14, 2013
This review is from: Levi's Men's 514 Straight Leg Twill Pant (Apparel)
The twill pants are the best fitting pants I have ever owned. For fear of them being discontinued for some reason, I bought several 514s. These pants don't wrinkle or fade easily and they are soft to the touch. Oh and they are very comfortable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Size standard problems, November 26, 2013
I'm a loyal consumer of Levi's jeans because it was always a safe bet to blindly buy a 32 x 32 jeans and they fit. Not this time. I bough a this Jeans in Brown (Soil) and they fitted perfect, so i decided to buy the Chinchilla, Deep Cobalt and Graphite. I ordered Chinchilla first, and they are almost 2 inches shorter, i though it might be a manufacture problem with the badge, so i returned and bough chinchilla again and Deep Cobalt. Again Chinchilla came 1.5 inches shorter, and Deep Cobalt is like 0.5 to 1 inch shorter than most levi's i have, including this same model in Soil color.
Bottom line, this is very very questionable for a brand like this, and now I'm feared of buying other levi's models, specially considering that i live Dominican Republic and it`s not easy and free to return products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, November 13, 2012
I bought two of this (different colours) shipped pretty fast, perfect fit, breeds confidence. I just love it. I recommend to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, style, and value, December 6, 2013
As with all my reviews, I have waited as couple months before writing about my experience with the item. I have always been a fan of Levi products but have noticed that between the various style quality can be very random. I am pleased to say that the 514 series of pants has been a consistent winner in both style and design. The material is heavy but definitely not a bulky denim. These pants wear very well and are spot on true to size. After a couple months and having worn them several times they seem to wash well and have not shown any signs of wear, other than softening up a bit (which is what you want). These are a true jean style with straight legs and regular cuffs at the bottom. They are not a boot cut or taper so be careful if that is what you wanted. I prefer a regular leg cut at the cuffs as I think they show themselves in a much cleaner manner and don't look baggy. The cut in the rear is also what I would deem as regular. No saggy butts like so many jean products today. All around a great product and value.

Shipping was fast through Prime and packaging was as expected in a poly bag and sent in a mailer pouch. One nice thing is they attach all tags with a thin (and easily removed) plastic thread. The tags simply pop right off and you are wearing them in seconds!

2.0 out of 5 stars ... the same size and style corduroys and those fit great. These I could barely get up my legs, October 28, 2014
Got the same size and style corduroys and those fit great. These I could barely get up my legs. I don't understand if they are just interpreting "32 inch waist"? Cuz it seems pretty unflinching: Make the waist 32 inches around. I understand some deviation when one is dealing with sizes like "Large" or "Medium". Anyway, legs super skinny, waist not exactly 32 inches. Maybe go up 2 inches in the waist? Like ordering gloves from Asia.

5.0 out of 5 stars love, April 3, 2013
great item!! and original! Im def going to order again!! this came ahead of time! My husband loved his jeans.