5.0 out of 5 stars Fit well
These pants are great. Very comfortable and look great. They're meant for the guys who want the slimmer look but have bigger thighs (me). Most other "slim fit" pants are too tight on my legs. These are as if they were made just for me. So if you are "slim" but have bigger quads/hamstrings these will be perfect for you.
Published 14 months ago by Andrew

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% Cotton
I have not seen other comments about this, but it may be a reason why the fit does not meet expectations. I recently bought a pair of the 508's in the "Grey-Black" color.
Published 16 months ago by DMURDMUR

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit well, October 19, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% Cotton, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Levi's Men's 508 Regular Taper Denim Jeans (Apparel)
These are thinner weight, and, in fact are about 50%+ Cotton, 40%+ Polyester, and 2% spandex. I don't know yet if this fabric mix is true for all the colors (or mine was unique?). Anyway since mine are NOT 100% Cotton, they did not shrink much at all. And to make matters worse, I had ordered 34x30 instead of my usual 33x30 as I thought when I was ordering that they would be 100% Cotton, and considering the slimmer profile I decided to go 1 size higher in the waist just in case of shrinkage.

So beware -- the "100% Cotton" online description is not true for all colors, which I don't like. If all the colors are not 100% cotton, then you are going to have "Fit" problems when you compare them to other jeans you have. If Levi's is not going to make all colors with the same fabrix mix, then they should call the other ones something different than 508's and give them their own, true, fabric description.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tapered jean for bigger men., November 10, 2013
This review is from: Levi's Men's 508 Regular Taper Denim Jeans (Apparel)
I've been looking for a slimmer fitting jean with tappered leg openings and they are hard to find for adults. Just because I wear a 38x32 doesn't mean I should be stuck with huge clown pants and flared legs. My waist is around a 37-38 or so...not my ankles! I'm 6 feet tall and my legs are not big and thick either although my thighs are pretty muscular...chicken legs on down from there lol. These jeans are awesome! I got the darker colored pair Big Sir. The minute I put them on my partner said it looked like I lost 20 lbs. The quality is very nice too. They seem like a tough jean that should last. I haven't washed them yet but I won't be putting them in the dryer for more than 5 minutes for now...don't wanna end up like Phil on Modern Family lol! I would have given them 5 stars but the back of the waist band sticks out a bit and they come up a little higher in the front than expexted. Nothing a belt can't handle. So bigger guys try them out! You won't look like a kid in skinny jeans! Update...fortunately I hadn't had the chance to wear them and didn't pull off the tags. They gotta go back...lost a few more pounds and they are now too big lol! I'll try for a 36. ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fit, don't change a thing levis!!, March 31, 2012
Theses jeans fit absolutely amazing!! I have very large thighs and finding a tapered jean is very challenging as most usually run very tight in the thighs like the 511's even though they have elastane, also these have about an inch higher rise which is much more flattering than the 511, and also makes them a lot more comfortable to wear. And I hate jeans with a large openings like the 514's. These are a perfect fit and give me the exact look I am looking for! I really hope Levis doesn't do away with these jeans because these are my favorite and new go to jean for everything!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not all colors will have the same fit, February 25, 2014
This review is from: Levi's Men's 508 Regular Taper Denim Jeans (Apparel)
Other people have touched on this before and I just want to reiterate so that we can have more buyer awareness. Not every color of jeans will fit the same way. I have ordered 3 pairs of these 508's all the same size (34x32) and all have had slightly different fits. The most recent order, I got the Rinsed Playa and these definitely have some spandex material in them as they are much stretchier than the Big Sur and Rigid Envy's that I had gotten last year. That being said, the Rinsed Playa is much closer in fit to the Big Sur, just stretchier, which I actually like for biking and being active. The Rinsed Playas are definitely thinner as well and I don't feel like I am constricted which I sometimes feel with my other two pairs. The Rigid Envy was the tightest fit of the three by far. I can fit in them but they seem to be more like a 33x31 rather than a true 34x32 (if I am going to judge off the other two pairs). So, beware guys and girls, not all will fit the same. I'll reiterate one more time for each jean:

Big Sur: True to fit, strong 100% cotton jeans, should last me a long time, probably my favorite pair atm
Rigid Envy: Ran a bit small, strong 100% jeans, (same feel as Big Sur). The 34x32 actually felt like a 33x31
Rinsed Playa: True to fit, spandex material mixed with cotton, stretchy and a great jean for active types or bicycle commuters.

If I buy more jeans I will update this post to keep everyone informed. Hope this helps. peace!

EDIT (3/7/2014): After wearing the Rinsed Playa on and off for about two weeks it seems that they are actually a bit larger than my Big Sur jeans. Maybe they have stretched out a bit due to the stretchyness? Anyway I am changing my original statement that Rinsed Playa is true to fit and they are actually an inch or so larger than man Big Sur's. The Rinsed Playa seems more like a 35x33 rather than the 34x32 that is advertised on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Levi's Men's 508 Regular Taper Denim Jeans (Apparel)
I've been trying to find a pair of jeans for what feels like forever that had a good tapered look but didn't feel like putting compression socks on my thighs. These jeans are great for guys that want the slimmer look, but don't have the little bitch hipster legs required to fit most of those jeans. I've got quite muscular legs and calves due to lots of cycling and dem squats, and these jeans fit like a dream. Finally.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but inferior to 521s...order TWO sizes down!, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Levi's Men's 508 Regular Taper Denim Jeans (Apparel)
My favorite pair of jeans, Levi's 521 Rigid Envy were unfortunately discontinued quite some time ago. I remember when I bought my first pair back in 2011. They were probably the best fitting jeans I've ever bought. Unforunately, I wore them so much that they are broken in and no longer have that dark blue hue. Doesn't mean I still don't love those jeans, though! They faded in a custom way with my own body, I feel like I bought raw denim for 1/3 the price! But the denim is now lighter, and it would look out of place at a club or lounge.

So, I decided to pick up another pair! But to my disappointment, Levi decided to discontinue the 521s. But in it's place, they created the 508s. When I saw Rigid Envy for 508s, I was esctatic. Surely, they can't be too far off, right? Well, after receiving my 508 Rigid Envy in the mail, I must say that I was quite disappointed. First, the sizing was WAY off. They were way to BAGGY in the thighs! I usually wear a 33x30 (33x29 if I can find one), and I looked goofy in these pants. It reminded me of MC Hammer, baggy in the thighs, but then it tapers off at the bottom. It reminded me of an ice cream cone. All I know now is that I'm returning them for a refund.

But being so adamant about getting new Rigid Envys, I went to Macy's to see if they had 508s (I admit, I should've went to the store FIRST before purchasing on Amazon, dumb move on my part). Lo and behold, they had the 508s! I tried 3 different sizes - my usual 33x30, then 32x30, and finally 31x30. When I tried the 33x30 AGAIN (this time in-store), they were baggy once again. TOO BIG in the thighs! I tried 32x30, it looked less sloppy, but still - baggy in the thighs. Finally, I tried 31x30! The last time I wore a 31 waist was 10 years ago while I was still going through puberty! But for some reason, 31x30 fit like a glove! But still, not as well as the 521s. The 521s looked more proportional, but the 508s were close enough. By going TWO sizes down, I had the "slim" look that I was going for, although it may look a little skinny from the side profile. For the 521s, it looked slim from the side profile, but the 508s look slightly (just a tad!) more skinny due to the pants having to shrink down proportionally. But all in all, I haven't purchased any new Rigid Envys yet, because I want to wait until I get my refund from Amazon. But for those who loved the SLIM TAPER 521s, I would suggest going TWO sizes down for the 508s! If you wanted what the product advertised, Regular Taper, I suggest you go ONE size down! If you buy your regular waist size, well...prepare to return the product!! Because if you buy your regular waist size, you'll be purchasing "Baggy Taper" jeans, which I'd assume, no one would want!

Levi's! Please bring back the SLIM TAPER 521s!

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality is fine but inconsistent size., April 3, 2014
This review is from: Levi's Men's 508 Regular Taper Denim Jeans (Apparel)
I bought 4 of these, all are 36x32.
Blue fits well (Made in Cambodia)
Grey fits well. (Made in Cambodia)
Khaki fits very tight.(Made in Cambodia)
Black fits very very loose. (Made in Columbia)
Big sir blue fits and looks best!(Made in Egypt)

I'm not so happy with the fact they are all vary fitting. The quality seems decent for the price. If you want "Made in USA", the price tag for this particular 508 is $129.99 on Levi's site. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Jeans, Good Service, June 21, 2012
I really like these jeans. They arrived promptly, with AMZ Prime, and have an overall good feel to them. I would mention, however, they are large in the waist. I had to order one size smaller than I normally wear in order to get a good fit. However, once that was done I'm very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars my new favorites, April 19, 2013
not as tight on the machines (my runners legs) as the 511s but narrower in the lower leg than my 514s. I'll get another pair in another color or wash for sure.

Levi's Men's 508 Regular Taper Denim Jeans