Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 34W x 32L|Color: Sail - discontinued|Change

on June 27, 2010
I bought five pairs of these jeans. My daughter made me buy new jeans because the 550s I have been wearing for years, according to her, "hang off my butt". OK, she's right. I am 6-2, 170 pounds, and y'know, a white guy with no butt. These jeans fit me very well, not too tight, and age appropriate (I am in my 50s). I bought five different styles of the 514s. And each one is quite different in fabric weight and finish - so it does not look like you are wearing the same jeans every day. Know what I mean? The material is quite a bit lighter than the 550s so I suspect they will not stand up to as many washings. Hers's the best part - I have gotten a lot of compliments (most of them good) on how they look. These jeans make you look slimmer than the 550s. As one of the other reviewers said, round your size up if you're in bewtween sizes. All in all, I am very well pleased with the five pairs I bought - they are a younger style than my trusty old 550s, ride a little lower on the waist and are a great fit for a slim body style.
on March 2, 2015
I am now on my 4th pair of Levi's 514 Sail (514 663-0010) Jeans. Other than it looks great and i love the color, there are a few issues with this particular pair of jeans.
1. Add 2 inches to the size you order. I normally wear size 32, but only size 34 fits me well on ALL 514 jeans.
2. The toughness on Levi's 514 Sail (514 663-0010) Jeans is below average. I wear them almost twice a week and I only get 1-1.5 year life out of them before they literally disintegrate and tear up completely. I have other 514 jeans in different color and they dont have this issue.
3. Either Levi's 514 has bad quality control or Amazon doesnt sell genuine Levi's. My first pair of 514 was from BM store. I bought the first pair for $65 because the Jeans quality and detail was amazing. Second pair of jeans was from a major online store and it was identical to my first pair. Levi's stop selling this pair of Jeans (at least their website doesnt carry it). So, I bought my third pair from eBay. The quality and detail wasnt as good as before. I even thought (and still think) the pair of jeans was fake. Then my wife bought a pair from Ross for my son and that pair of 514 was as bad as eBay. Finally, now i got a pair from Amazon and its quality is even worst. I am 90% sure its fake, but I didnt return it because I am not 100% sure. The pair of jeans zipper doesnt have Levi's logo on it, the tag at the back doesnt have (R) trademark on the corner. The M shape on the back pocket is shorter and stout. The print is blurry and the quality is just lacking. I attached a few photos to show the progression of poor quality and why i think my final pair of Levi is either fake or Levi's quality is going down the drain. Please leave feedback of your thoughts, because i just want to know if i got a fake pair of jeans from Amazon or if Levi quality varies and some are just poor quality.
on May 19, 2012
I wear nothing but 514 Slim Levis jeans. I have owned all different styles and colors since they
released the 514 line. I've owned a pair of these before but they wore out -zipper broke,
denim degraded as expected after a few years and developed holes at stress points.
These are a good style but not really as rigid as you would expect from the product description.
Denim material seems thinner on the pair I got and tumbled (not rigid), unlike the denim thickness
of the previous pair I owned or other truly rigid Levis. They fit really good; true to spec but will
wear out faster than truly rigid Levis.
on February 13, 2011
One key feature not mentioned is that the inseam is twisted. So when you're wearing the pants, the outseam hits the outside of your foot, but the inseam hits just inside the center of your heal.

Here's another BIG one about the "weird pockets" review. They APPEAR to be butt-flap pockets but they're just decorative. You actually reach behind the flaps and straight down into them like regular pockets. The pain is; I DO have some pants with flap pockets, so every time I wear them I find myself reaching back, feeling the flap, unbuttoning it, then remembering that doesn't do anything. Annoying.

Finally, the jeans have a high sheen, almost like a shark-skin suit style, for denim. And the leg seams are sewn with 3 different colors of thread (mustard/white/brown) which creates a subtle, cool, high-end look.

ALL the 514s are great if you're like me and have a smaller build (5'7"/145)and want trendy, good-looking pants that just plain fit without being too skinny or too loose.

If you can't seem to find jeans that sit low enough without giving you that saggy "skater-butt" where your back pockets are BELOW your cheeks.... THESE are the Levi's to buy!!
on October 19, 2013
this is an informational review. The "Welder Jean" style is a 50/50 cotton poly mix, and not the 100% cotton as in the description. I ordered the Sail color. Not sure if the other is 100% cotton. I haven't worn anything other than the 514 for a long while. My favorite is usually the 98% Cotton with 2% Elastane but wanted to try this style, but not sure about the 50/50.

Also, the legs seem to taper off to a semi "boot" cut. I ordered another 514 at the same time (both 30x30) and the Welder Jean is 1" wider at the ankle than the other 514. I'm comparing both NEW so no shrinking, etc.

I do love the 514's!
on March 14, 2011
I recently bought these jeans as a gift for my boyfriend. His current Levi's are baggy and VERY unflattering. After reading the great reviews, I decided to purchase a pair. All I can say is...WOW!!!!!!!! They are perfect. Never knew my boyfriend had a tush before. These sleek jeans really compliment his shape. Form fitting and very trendy. The large back pockets are fashionable, stitching is unique and the slight sheen gives an edgy look. My guy is 5"11, 190# and slender. If you have a slim build and are tired of the saggy "skater butt" look...give these a try. YOU'LL BE TURNING HEADS IN NO TIME;-))
on October 13, 2011
If you've got it, flaunt it, right? That's what these jeans are about.

I initially ordered 1 inch too slim, but found the next one up to be perfect. If sized properly, they fit snugly around the waist and crotch--not overly tight and not loose. These are good jeans for someone with a round butt--they will really bring out the shape of it. They don't leave a lot to the imagination in front though, which is why I knocked off a star. The fit combined with the lighter material accentuates what you've got in front. Although you can mitigate the bulge a bit by keeping your wallet and phone in the two front pockets, I wouldn't recommend these jeans for an office environment.

The straight cut of the leg is a slightly loose fit, but it doesn't look unreasonably baggy and it really works aesthetically when factoring how well the jeans fit around the waist. The material is an interesting lighter fabric with an almost shiny look to it. It's definitely a unique look. The fabric isn't thin enough to wear quickly but not too thick or restrictive either. It feels quality.

These are great jeans and have resulted in many turned heads and compliments from some fashion snots, so for the price they're a no brainer.
on April 13, 2012
I have to agree with all the reviewers. These are some nice pants but they have too many issues. Love the Sheen and design. The Fake flap pocket is not a big deal but it still suck. I love the stich work but they stupidly made the inseam twisted. and ends up at your heel. Pain in the arse(or rather heel) stepping on the lump. A straight seem would have looked much better, also the outer seam should have had the same design.

Also buyers beware they are a bit tight for the slim fit, its best to go up a waist size even though your size fits good. Do this especially for the black ones as they seem tighter for some reason. I learnt it the hard way thinking it was just me having the button pressed against you is painful (it may not seem so for the first few mins) but it will be uncomfortable so go up a size in these.
on April 9, 2010
Someone made the comment, "you sure are working those jeans today" so I guess they fit great as well as being really comfortable. The slight shine gives them a bit of an edge. They are slim but not SKINNY which is good foranyone over the age of 25 who still wants to look fit.
on April 17, 2015
Great jeans and relaxed but not baggy fit. The flap pockets are an illusion... they are not blocking access to the patch pocket. These are dark and have a slight, very fashionable sheen. Recommend! Not your father's Levi's... BETTER.