5.0 out of 5 stars Zipper fly, not button fly but otherwise very happy.
Just ordered these in West Coast the other day and they arrived today and I've been now wearing them for about 6 hours.

They are perfectly comfortable and look great. I got the 6S and find they are very true to size the length is just fine. (I was worried bc so many other reviewers said the material was flimsy and the size and length weren't right.)...
Published on October 2, 2010 by CateS

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not the good 'ole levis
Published on February 3, 2011 by loves levis

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not the good 'ole levis, February 3, 2011
I was looking to replace my black straight-leg 505s that I got last year. Thought I was ordering the same thing. But actually the pair that came, although they were labeled straight-leg 505s had detailing on the pockets (which was frayed when it arrived and had to be returned) . This was the first disappointment. The second was that the fabric was not the same composition as the old levis (which were 98% cotton 2% spandex) the new ones are 75% cotton, 24% spandex, and 1% elastine (??). These pants are a lint magnet! Not what I thought I was ordering. In fact, it is very deceptive because the item that is shown does NOT show the detailing on the pocket and lists the fabric as 98% cotton/2% spandex. Buyer Beware.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great jeans if not ordered from Amazon, December 14, 2010
I bought a pair of these jeans directly from Levi's.com and love them. They are a perfect fit, perfect length for my 5"9 curvy figure. I ordered another pair, this time from Amazon since it was a better price. I received the pair from Amazon and knew right away they were too short. When I compared them to the ones from Levis.com there was a difference of about 2 inches, they barely skimmed the top of my foot. I was really dissapointed and ended up returning them. I then ordered a 2nd pair from Levi's.com and bought a 3rd pr from Kohl's,those were like the first pair, perfect in everyway. I'm not sure if the jeans from Amazon come from a different supplier or if I just ended up with a mis-sized pair but I won't be ordering the jeans from Amazon in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected., June 6, 2009
This were a size too big and the material did not feel like real denim. I returned these and ordered from another site.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zipper fly, not button fly but otherwise very happy., October 2, 2010
CateS (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Women's 505 Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)

Also, one reviewer said they fit until you've worn them a few hours and then they stretch completely out of shape. I can tell you this has not happened for me. I guess it's the 1% spandex that has helped them keep their shape. I'm very happy with the way they look on me.

FYI--the description said these are a button fly closure but it's actually zipper fly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two sizes bigger than my other 505s!, October 10, 2012
Stacy (Allen, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have three pairs of Levi's 505s...size 6. This pair was significantly bigger than all three of them. I tried them on, and they were bigger than my old pair of size 10s. Not sure what went wrong with the manufacturing of this pair, this color, whatever...but don't buy these!

5.0 out of 5 stars most comfortable jeans ever!, October 6, 2012
These are the most comfortable pair of jeans I've ever had! I'd bought the same kind a few years ago and they are just about worn out. It's hard to find these 505's. They don't sit too low, and I like the straight leg.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not levi quality, October 22, 2012
I have several pair of 505s. These definitely aren't the same quality. Elaborate pocket embroidery and flimsy material were suspect coming out of the package, but I decided to wash and wear them. They were fine for about an hour,then became stretched and baggy. I can't return them but wont buy Levis again online.

4.0 out of 5 stars Levis for all, November 30, 2008
This style for some reason is difficult to find in stores that sell Levi's so I was impressed to get these at a good price. Free shipping also adds to the great value...will probably purchase again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the length... hate the stretch., June 24, 2009
This review is from: Levi's Women's 505 Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)
A very attractive looking jean with a very nice fit... in the dressing room that is. After just a few hours of wearing they were completely stretched out! I've tried shrinking them, but the amount of stretch in the waist especially has rendered them unwearable without a belt. Even then there is so much extra fabric bunching up it is uncomfortable.

What I do like is the length. I'm 5'5" with very long legs. Regular length jeans are often too short and talls are way too long. These are just right.

If you do purchase these, buy 2-3 sizes down (the size runs large anyway) and don't fret if they feel ultra tight. That will soon change! Oh, a number of reveiwers have commented about these not "feeling" like authentic Levis. It's true, these are made of a thin denim. They wear more like slacks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than same Levi's in other colors!, April 15, 2014
I don't like these pants and returned them because they are significantly smaller than the same Levi's in tulip and blue denim that Ijust purchased. Disappointed!

Levi's Women's 505 Straight Leg Jean