Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Levi's Women's 505 Straight-Leg Jean
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on February 3, 2011
I was looking to replace my black straight-leg 505s that I got last year. Thought I was ordering the same thing. But actually the pair that came, although they were labeled straight-leg 505s had detailing on the pockets (which was frayed when it arrived and had to be returned) . This was the first disappointment. The second was that the fabric was not the same composition as the old levis (which were 98% cotton 2% spandex) the new ones are 75% cotton, 24% spandex, and 1% elastine (??). These pants are a lint magnet! Not what I thought I was ordering. In fact, it is very deceptive because the item that is shown does NOT show the detailing on the pocket and lists the fabric as 98% cotton/2% spandex. Buyer Beware.
33 comments|220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2010
I bought a pair of these jeans directly from Levi's.com and love them. They are a perfect fit, perfect length for my 5"9 curvy figure. I ordered another pair, this time from Amazon since it was a better price. I received the pair from Amazon and knew right away they were too short. When I compared them to the ones from Levis.com there was a difference of about 2 inches, they barely skimmed the top of my foot. I was really dissapointed and ended up returning them. I then ordered a 2nd pair from Levi's.com and bought a 3rd pr from Kohl's,those were like the first pair, perfect in everyway. I'm not sure if the jeans from Amazon come from a different supplier or if I just ended up with a mis-sized pair but I won't be ordering the jeans from Amazon in the future.
22 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2009
This were a size too big and the material did not feel like real denim. I returned these and ordered from another site.
on April 18, 2014
Levis changed where the jeans are made. They also reduced the thickness of the jeans which is why they hang badly and stretch out immediately and start sagging (these are not supposed to be baggy jeans). I weighed my old 505 which were made in Egypt and after years of multiple washings they weigh 1 lb 6 oz. These brand new thin things weigh 1 pound 3 oz. I wrote Levis and the response was canned. They are responding to the requests of their customers, basically inferring that the majority wanted these changes and you can't please them all (ie me). Why not make another style for those that want thinner jeans with more stretch, and detailed pretty for that night clubbin kinda gal, instead of ruining it for those of us that need a solid jean to work and split wood in. By the way, MULTIPLE reviews saying exactly what I am all over the web and Ebay is selling the old versions for quite a pretty penny, I think the marketing dept at Levis deffered to the "profit guys".
on October 26, 2015
These pants fit well and are comfortable. The denim is more of a stretchy material instead of heavy denim. The Levi's brand is not anywhere on the pair of jeans I received. I'm my opinion this is false advertising and they should not be sold as Levi's.
review image review image
on October 10, 2012
I have three pairs of Levi's 505s...size 6. This pair was significantly bigger than all three of them. I tried them on, and they were bigger than my old pair of size 10s. Not sure what went wrong with the manufacturing of this pair, this color, whatever...but don't buy these!
on October 22, 2012
I have several pair of 505s. These definitely aren't the same quality. Elaborate pocket embroidery and flimsy material were suspect coming out of the package, but I decided to wash and wear them. They were fine for about an hour,then became stretched and baggy. I can't return them but wont buy Levis again online.
33 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2010
Just ordered these in West Coast the other day and they arrived today and I've been now wearing them for about 6 hours.

They are perfectly comfortable and look great. I got the 6S and find they are very true to size the length is just fine. (I was worried bc so many other reviewers said the material was flimsy and the size and length weren't right.)

Also, one reviewer said they fit until you've worn them a few hours and then they stretch completely out of shape. I can tell you this has not happened for me. I guess it's the 1% spandex that has helped them keep their shape. I'm very happy with the way they look on me.

FYI--the description said these are a button fly closure but it's actually zipper fly.
on October 6, 2012
These are the most comfortable pair of jeans I've ever had! I'd bought the same kind a few years ago and they are just about worn out. It's hard to find these 505's. They don't sit too low, and I like the straight leg.
on November 30, 2008
This style for some reason is difficult to find in stores that sell Levi's so I was impressed to get these at a good price. Free shipping also adds to the great value...will probably purchase again.