5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!
Published on October 5, 2010 by deb

3.0 out of 5 stars These jeans ruined it all for me
Published 14 months ago by Justbooking

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, October 5, 2010
This review is from: Levi's Women's 525 Perfect Waist Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
I have been searching for jeans for over a year. I prefer a straight leg and have thin legs. The skinny skinny jeans for teen girls don't work for me, but everything else seemed so baggy in the legs! These jeans are comfortable for me and don't stretch out like other stretch jeans. THe waist band is perfect and holds its shape so I don't feel like they are falling off. Yeah!!!!!! My search is over, I hope they don't stop making them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best fitting jeans by far., December 29, 2010
This review is from: Levi's Women's 525 Perfect Waist Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
These jeans are close to exactly what I've been looking for. I have hated shopping for jeans since the popularity of the low, low waist and propensity for one's panties to show the moment one bends over a little! These are slim fitting, but not tight and stay where they belong (mid rise, just under the waist) with absolutely no GAPPING! They may run one size smaller than expected (probably because of the slim fit) so take this into consideration when ordering. I usually wear a size 2 or 4 regular in GAP jeans (depending on the style), but need a size 6 medium in these Levi's for a perfect fit. Hard to find all the colors I want (wish they offered them in black), but well worth the effort to look. May be a bit over priced for the quality of the denim (what ever happened to real denim weight material?), but it's nearly impossible to find jeans which are 100% cotton any more. Overall I am very satisfied and now have six pair of 525 Straight Leg and six pair of 525 Boot Cut jeans. Essentially, I live in jeans!

3.0 out of 5 stars These jeans ruined it all for me, July 17, 2013
This review is from: Levi's Women's 525 Perfect Waist Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
I used to look forward to shopping for jeans. It was a ritual of sorts. My husband understood. Having twins had done a number on my body, and nothing fit like it used to when we first met. So he stayed at home watching the kids, while I went shopping. Hours spent in dressing rooms, trying on one pair of jeans after another. A chance to have some me time after a long week of taking care of three young children.

My closet bears witness to years of fruitless searching. Rows of jeans in different sizes. I donated my size "zeros" and "twos" already, I am not delusional. One of "fours" from my college days, Guess and Limited jeans that I've held on to, because they don't make skinny jeans like these any more. Someday they will fit. Another row of "sixes," most from JJ Jill and Gap - skinny low-slung jeans that I wear on my good days when my belly isn't poking out so much and no one would think of asking me if I am expecting. I can't ever use them when I'm with the kids, leaning over would be a nono at my advanced maternal age. Another of maternity jeans from Gap - they are oh-so comfortable I see no harm of using them at home even if my last kid was born years ago. Another one of "eights" - the mom jeans that make my husband wince, waist high and built like tanks, with an elastic waist that gives gently to those extra four inches in my hips, nature's way of letting me carry around two babies for endless months. And another one of "tens" folded up neatly and stashed away behind the others, for those days when I've indulged too much and dared to eat dessert.

My husband knows he shouldn't take pictures on me when I'm wearing jeans, my daily uniform. There's no knowing when my tights will look huge from all the extra denim floating around them. Or when a muffin top or worse will peek out from over a low slung waist. Or a too-short top will reveal the dreaded waist-high jeans. Tunics help cover these, some of the time.

And then I made the mistake of ordering these Levi's 525 in "Sky", online no less. I needed a pair to replace a random pair I ripped at the knees from playing on the floor all the time. These are cheap, they'll do, I thought. Good house jeans, run-around-with-the-kids jeans, fall asleep with them on if you're too tired jeans.

I ordered an 8 short, even though I'm 5'7", so they would not drag on the floor when I am barefoot. They got here too quickly. And they were perfect, darn it. Perfect fit, custom made for me feel. Just the right length to wear with ballet shoes, falling right at the top of my foot. Perfect just below the waist, this is no mommy jean. No need to worry about leaning over, we got you covered perfect. Elastic give throughout, play anything with the kids jeans. Crouching, hopping around, twisting, you-got-nothing on me kids, look how your mom can still move. Better than any designer pair of jeans I ever bought perfect. And dare I say it, downright sexy. Hey, I'm back.

Great. Now what? How am I going to get out of the house now?!

4.0 out of 5 stars Run a bit small, August 29, 2010
This review is from: Levi's Women's 525 Perfect Waist Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
I love the jeans, but they do run a bit small. I wear size 6, but they are a little too tight for me. I do hope though they will stretch to adjust my figure in the end. I really love the model and the tummy slimming panel. They look really flattering.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been wearing jeans for five decades and these are by far the most comfortable, November 9, 2012
Gobi55 (Raleigh, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Women's 525 Perfect Waist Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
I'm 57 and have been through many jeans. These are so comfortable. The waist isn't really elastic and I didn't even know there is a "slimming panel" so don't let those things deter you from getting them. The weight of the denim is more like a light cotton with some give. They are so comfortable. I'm 5'5 1/2" and the short worked better than the average length. I like the dark color of the blue. They are mid rise and aren't too low or too high. Try on a few different pairs in the same size as they don't all fit the same. K**ls has them on sale most of the time plus it really is necessary to try them on prior to purchasing.
UPDATE: DO NOT WASH THESE IN WARM OR HOT WATER. They will shrink.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jeans for the over 40, had a baby, woman, January 16, 2014
Ms Muffintop (Mile High Frazier Park, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Women's 525 Perfect Waist Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
Jeans are not my friends, not a product I would ever buy except I left the islands and in Southern California everybody wears them. Phooey. Ladies, maybe you are like me and do not care for the jeans so low cut that the thong underwear shows up like a whale fluke on your okole. ugh. And the jeans I liked so much from the 80s, that ride at the natural waist are considered old fashioned and unsightly now - the kids call 'em "mom jeans." (I am a mom, but I digress.)

Jeans are not my friends because I have thick thighs and a narrow waist. Anything that fits in my thighs ends up like a bucket at my waist. If the waist size is correct, then I can't get my big toe down the leg holes - man, I wish it were ok to wear mu'u mu'us to work like back home. Not an option.

I give these jeans four stars because they fit. They shrank a little in the wash, but the stretch in the fabric brings them back to correct size after you wear them a little. It is not easy for me to find jeans that fit, so I have to give 'em points for that. The waist is not so high as a mom jean and not so low to make whale watching. . . but as far as looking "hot", no, that did not happen. Jeans looks best on young girls with coltish figures and long legs. I am not that.

I gave them less than a perfect rating because I wasn't crazy about the ornate stitching on the pockets. I would have preferred the plain stitching that adorns their men's style jeans. I wasn't crazy about the shrink after the first washing. And after all the rave reviews, I must admit, even though I should have known better, I was disappointed that they didn't make me look like the picture of the model. They're the right size, but still kind of tight in the thighs, not loose looking like the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect petite jean!!, August 30, 2010
This review is from: Levi's Women's 525 Perfect Waist Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
I am a slim, petite size 4 with a very straight figure. I have essentially no waist or hips. These jeans have a mid rise that fits me just below the belly button and they hug my waist line without too much room in the hips. These jeans are for us non-curvy women who like a snug fitting jean.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, November 27, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Women's 525 Perfect Waist Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
I just want to say how much i love these jeans... i am 5' 3" and am a size 14. Finding jeans that actually fit my legs and curves is what i thought impossible!!! i love these jeans so much. when i put them on I fell instantly in love. Any WOMEN with curves, legs, and has a BUTT try these jeans on...i feel comfortable, and confident. these are a must. im buying more right now.!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars These jeans are made several different ways, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Levi's Women's 525 Perfect Waist Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
I had to return these jeans today. I was disappointed. If you look at the back pockets what I ordered was not the same as what I got. The ones I got had more embroidery on the pockets and this was exactly why I ordered them online and didn't buy them in the store. I got a pair at Macy's that were as the ones in the picture. Not sure what the deal is but Amazon should really not send a product that is not as pictured.

5.0 out of 5 stars spectacular, January 4, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Women's 525 Perfect Waist Boot Cut Jean (Apparel)
I love these jeans , I bought them off amazon and they arrived super fast ! I am a guy and although these are girl jeans i love them . I never wore another pair of jeans that fit so well and looks so good. they feel incredible to wear . I love love them. I just wish levis would make the same jean in men's so they only difference would be bigger front pockets .

no one ever notices i am wearing girl levis . I can pretty much promise you if you try them and get the right size you will not be disappointed . you will love them weather your a guy or a gal !

I bought the bittersweets and love them

Rate and Discover Movies