5.0 out of 5 stars Not all Levis are the same
I'm a hard size to fit, so when I get something, I want it in all colors. Unfortunately, after a lot of money spent, I've discovered that what country the Levis were made in makes a big difference in the length, shrinkage, etc. So if you find a pair from Pakistan that fits beautifully, stay with that country, not just the number.
Published on January 27, 2010 by Doreen Jorgensen

3.0 out of 5 stars nice jeans but sizing varies
Published on December 16, 2008 by JDE

3.0 out of 5 stars nice jeans but sizing varies, December 16, 2008
I bought a pair of blue Levi's 512 Perfectly Slimming jeans about a year ago and they fit perfectly - they are my favorite jeans, so when I saw them available in black I thought it was a sure fit. Unfortunately, even though I ordered the same size, what I got was much looser fit (and much too long). I washed them several times to shrink them and they have improved enough to keep them, but they are far from the same fit that my earlier pair was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not all Levis are the same, January 27, 2010
This review is from: Levi's Women's 512 Perfectly Slimming Bootcut Jean (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Levi's Perfectly Slimming Jeans, May 27, 2008
I LOVE these jeans! Since I am no longer a skinny teenager, I was having trouble finding jeans that fit, flattered and were COMFORTABLE. These really filled the bill. I have 3 pair of regular length for wearing with flats and 2 longer length pairs to wear with heels. I hope Levi's never stops making them. Just wish them came in more colors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read a review from someone who has 40 pairs!, August 15, 2012
I have over 40 pairs of Levis 512 bootcut. Here are are the plusses and minuses:

1. Dark Blue fade after just a few washes and the bottom shrinks almost 2 inches
2. The sizing varies between colors a lot. Hit or miss. Indigo Rinse seems to run very true to size,
but go up with black and white!
3. For the money, they are truly a great jean, just don't expect miracles!

To the one person who posted about how "baggy" they are, with only a small amount of lycra, and she said they
must make them so 200 lb women can wear a size 12, I submit to that nasty comment that perhaps she was too big
and bagged the jeans out herself! I am 150, Size 12 and they don't get all bagged out! Buy your size!

:-) I feel better now.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these jeans!, February 15, 2009
First girls, I wear a size 10 or 12 depending on the brand of pants. When I wear these, everyone is certain I'm a size 4 or 6. Seriouly.

Love them, but first, they do size them differently. My first pair, made in China, I wore a size 12. Loved them so much, I got a second pair, made in Macua. I had to return for a size 10. Not a big deal.

I now am ready to purchase another pair. They are so great, that I'm willing to deal with the sizing issue. If you can't try them on, buy the size you usually wear, then a size smaller and return one. They are THAT GOOD! Free shipping helps with this along with being able to return to a brick and mortor store. Then again, they stretch so take your chances and order a size smaller.

I bought a pair for my very picky daughter for Christmas and she fell in love, promptly ordering another two pair for herself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great until the first wash, January 27, 2009
I was so excited about the way the 512 fitted me. They slimmed my silouhette down by 10 lbs until they lost elasticity and sagged just after the first wash. Very disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars great jeans, October 20, 2009
These jeans fit extremely well. They are both comfortable and slimming. The inseam, which is longer than most jeans, is welcomed since I'm 5'7. I gave the jeans 4 stars because the bootcut could have been designed better. These jeans give more of the appearance of being straight leg - with just more leg room at the calve, rather than a bell shape at the bottom - which is just a personal preference of mine. Would highly recommend them all the same. Sits nicely at the waist - and they've washed great without shrinking as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fitting jeans, December 2, 2007
these jeans fit great! room in the hips, waist doesn't gap. The only problem I have is they are too long for me - at 5'4'' they are about 2 - 3 inches too long. But they are so comfortable, I don't mind the length.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size issue, March 11, 2009
These 512's are the first jeans that I have truly enjoyed wearing in over a decade, maybe two. I also ran into the problem with sizing that others have commented on, I wore one size if the pair was made in China, another size if they were made in Macau. Not wanting to see these jeans discontinued, in September 2008 I wrote to Mark Breitbart (President, Levi's Retail) at Levi's about the problem and did receive a call from Shawn in Customer Relations, this was in November 2008. I did tell her of the problem r/t sizing and placed another call today (she told me to call back with any further problems) to follow-up and to also let her know about the comments here. I would encourage anyone who likes these jeans to do the same, the address/phone information can be found online. I would really like to see them continue to make these; they are comfortable and fit perfectly. . .when you find that pair that fits.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor sizing, January 2, 2010
i BOUGHT MY WIFE TWO PAIRS OF THESE JEANS FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR, THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WAS COLOR. ON ARRIVAL THEY WERE NO WHERE NEAR THE SAME JEANS. THE DARK PAIR FIT THE WAY THE AD READ, THE LIGHT PAIR FIT LIKE RELAX FIT JEANS. WHAT POOR QUALITY CONTROL THIS COMPANY MUST HAVE IF JEANS IN A CATEGORY WE BUY CAN NOT BE COUNTED ON TO BE THE SAME. THIS IS DISAPPOINTING AT THE VERY LEAST.

Levi's Women's 512 Perfectly Slimming Bootcut Jean