Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on January 27, 2010
I'm a hard size to fit, so when I get something, I want it in all colors. Unfortunately, after a lot of money spent, I've discovered that what country the Levis were made in makes a big difference in the length, shrinkage, etc. So if you find a pair from Pakistan that fits beautifully, stay with that country, not just the number.
66 comments|237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2008
I bought a pair of blue Levi's 512 Perfectly Slimming jeans about a year ago and they fit perfectly - they are my favorite jeans, so when I saw them available in black I thought it was a sure fit. Unfortunately, even though I ordered the same size, what I got was much looser fit (and much too long). I washed them several times to shrink them and they have improved enough to keep them, but they are far from the same fit that my earlier pair was.
99 comments|158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2012
I have over 40 pairs of Levis 512 bootcut. Here are are the plusses and minuses:

1. Dark Blue fade after just a few washes and the bottom shrinks almost 2 inches
2. The sizing varies between colors a lot. Hit or miss. Indigo Rinse seems to run very true to size,
but go up with black and white!
3. For the money, they are truly a great jean, just don't expect miracles!

To the one person who posted about how "baggy" they are, with only a small amount of lycra, and she said they
must make them so 200 lb women can wear a size 12, I submit to that nasty comment that perhaps she was too big
and bagged the jeans out herself! I am 150, Size 12 and they don't get all bagged out! Buy your size!

:-) I feel better now.
44 comments|214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2008
I LOVE these jeans! Since I am no longer a skinny teenager, I was having trouble finding jeans that fit, flattered and were COMFORTABLE. These really filled the bill. I have 3 pair of regular length for wearing with flats and 2 longer length pairs to wear with heels. I hope Levi's never stops making them. Just wish them came in more colors.
22 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2009
First girls, I wear a size 10 or 12 depending on the brand of pants. When I wear these, everyone is certain I'm a size 4 or 6. Seriouly.

Love them, but first, they do size them differently. My first pair, made in China, I wore a size 12. Loved them so much, I got a second pair, made in Macua. I had to return for a size 10. Not a big deal.

I now am ready to purchase another pair. They are so great, that I'm willing to deal with the sizing issue. If you can't try them on, buy the size you usually wear, then a size smaller and return one. They are THAT GOOD! Free shipping helps with this along with being able to return to a brick and mortor store. Then again, they stretch so take your chances and order a size smaller.

I bought a pair for my very picky daughter for Christmas and she fell in love, promptly ordering another two pair for herself.
on October 20, 2009
These jeans fit extremely well. They are both comfortable and slimming. The inseam, which is longer than most jeans, is welcomed since I'm 5'7. I gave the jeans 4 stars because the bootcut could have been designed better. These jeans give more of the appearance of being straight leg - with just more leg room at the calve, rather than a bell shape at the bottom - which is just a personal preference of mine. Would highly recommend them all the same. Sits nicely at the waist - and they've washed great without shrinking as well.
on January 27, 2009
I was so excited about the way the 512 fitted me. They slimmed my silouhette down by 10 lbs until they lost elasticity and sagged just after the first wash. Very disappointing.
on December 2, 2007
these jeans fit great! room in the hips, waist doesn't gap. The only problem I have is they are too long for me - at 5'4'' they are about 2 - 3 inches too long. But they are so comfortable, I don't mind the length.
on May 2, 2014
I am 5' 3" tall and weigh 110-112. I normally wear a size 4 petite (even size 2 in some pants). And often I have problems with these petite pants being too short. Since I read that these may be a bit small, I decided to try a regular size 4 M and 6 M in black. The size 4 pants were tight and way too long. The size 6 fit well, but were also way too long. I had also ordered a 6 S in the Day Light Blue. That length was great, but the size 6 in the blue was WAY too big. So you can't count on the same fit with the different colors. I think the black in size 6S and the blue in the size 4S will be best for me. But I haven't ordered them yet.
on December 29, 2014
A little higher on the waist than I anticipated but I had to travel 9 hours in a car and they were very comfortable and looked good the whole way when I had to get out of the car. The dark color is excellent and these will look good at the office.