Top positive review
127 of 128 people found this helpful
Almost perfect = perfect enough
on April 10, 2010
I love Levi's. But even the larger sizes assume the wearer has slender thighs, which I, alas, do not. So I was thrilled to see these defined waist/wide load Levi's.
* The two darker colors are great - very flattering.
* Quality Levi fabric feels sturdy (but not un-feminine). These jeans will last a while.
* The boot cut is just the right width to balance out the hips
* Narrower waist means they don't slide down my bottom when I sit.
* Only 1% spandex means not too much cling, not too much sag.
* No darts! Some "curvy" jeans have darts in the front and back, which allow for a smaller waist but add an unwelcome 'mommy jean' effect.
* At least three people (all men) have asked me if I've lost weight while I'm wearing these jeans. When I replied "No, I just got new jeans" one responded, "Well, they are workin' for ya!" Yes they are. Indeed.
* only two good colors! (the light blue needs to be completely eliminated - it looks terrible on larger bodies) These jeans are so great they should be offered in every shade from medium to darkest blue. Please. I am asking nicely.
* The waist is not quite small enough. I still have to wear a belt. No big deal. I like belts.
* The rise could be 1 inch shorter. Please make the rise 1 inch shorter.
Edited to add:
I just ordered another pair of these in the "Ocean" color. The color is excellent - a nice rich blue with a tiny bit of fading on the tops of the thighs. But it also has a row of tiny gold "studs" along the tops of the back pockets, and also the little coin pocket. Never fear though, you can scrape them right off with a fingernail.