Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on April 10, 2010
I love Levi's. But even the larger sizes assume the wearer has slender thighs, which I, alas, do not. So I was thrilled to see these defined waist/wide load Levi's.

The Good:
* The two darker colors are great - very flattering.
* Quality Levi fabric feels sturdy (but not un-feminine). These jeans will last a while.
* The boot cut is just the right width to balance out the hips
* Narrower waist means they don't slide down my bottom when I sit.
* Only 1% spandex means not too much cling, not too much sag.
* No darts! Some "curvy" jeans have darts in the front and back, which allow for a smaller waist but add an unwelcome 'mommy jean' effect.
* At least three people (all men) have asked me if I've lost weight while I'm wearing these jeans. When I replied "No, I just got new jeans" one responded, "Well, they are workin' for ya!" Yes they are. Indeed.

The Bad:
* only two good colors! (the light blue needs to be completely eliminated - it looks terrible on larger bodies) These jeans are so great they should be offered in every shade from medium to darkest blue. Please. I am asking nicely.
* The waist is not quite small enough. I still have to wear a belt. No big deal. I like belts.
* The rise could be 1 inch shorter. Please make the rise 1 inch shorter.

Edited to add:
I just ordered another pair of these in the "Ocean" color. The color is excellent - a nice rich blue with a tiny bit of fading on the tops of the thighs. But it also has a row of tiny gold "studs" along the tops of the back pockets, and also the little coin pocket. Never fear though, you can scrape them right off with a fingernail.
11 comment127 of 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2008
I bought these jeans because they actually fit my body. I am full-figured but my waist is smaller in proportion to the rest of body. I usually have to deal with a large gap in the back of my jeans, but with these I don't. It is so nice to wear jeans that fit everywhere. I love these jeans.
11 comment58 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2009
I'm currently at this awkward size between 16-18 in between misses dept and womens. I've been looking for some new jeans lately and I find it as frustrating as bathing suit shopping. When I put these on in an 18plus it was a total hallelujah moment. I'm very particular about length as well. I like a little extra length (just enough to crease on top of my foot or shoe)to help elongate/slim my body. I'm about 5'7 and the length was perfect. I would totally recommend for those looking for comfort and style.
0Comment43 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2010
I am a Levi's 550 jeans for women wearer. I can no longer find these jeans so I started experimenting with other styles. The 580's are the first jeans I purchased. I wear a size 24 in a regular length. The 580 were a good length but a bit larger that my 550's. The longer I wore these jeans during the day the looser they became. I might try ordering the next size down, if I order again. The denim fabric and construction was high quality.
11 comment31 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2009
Wow they actually fit! It's been hard to find jeans that fit and look good. The boot cut has always been my favorite but are hard to find in my size. The slightly stretchy fabric works great if I'm having a "bloat" day. The defined waist and higher raise made all the difference in the fit for me. They looked great and I received compliments on them. Thanks Levi!!
on November 20, 2008
I absolutely love these jeans. I have been searching for jeans that actually fit my body. These do! I am 5'5" and full figured and all the average length jeans are just too long. I bought the short length and they are perfect with sneakers or my mid height heels. They are so comfortable and fit my smaller waist...no gapping. I just hope they don't discontinue this style.
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2011
I have bought these jeans 2 different times on Amazon.com. (I can not find them in the store in my size becouse they sell out fast) Each time I have gotten them, they have come in fast and were perfect both times. I love them because they stretch but NEVER get that "stretched out" look after you have had them on for a bit. I feel like they keep me held in, in the places I want to be held in and are not tight at all. I can wear them all day and they will continue to look and feel great. I will continue to buy them as long as Amazon offers them. Good quility item as well a plus...
on July 26, 2015
I bought this pair of jeans thinking it would be an exact replica of another pair of jeans I have that I love. I was wrong. The back pockets are different. There is a flap that goes over the top of the pocket and buttons onto the pocket. I do not like that. It makes my shirts look odd. My biggest problem is the size. I held them up to my other jeans and can see that the waist is smaller by 1 to 2 inches. I posted a photo where the new jeans are on top, and my old jeans are on bottom. Since I have already washed them, I am unable to return the jeans. I will hopefully be able to fit into them in a few months.
review image
on March 9, 2010
I love these jeans! The fit is perfect for me, from the length through the hips and waist. Like many women with larger hips, I find a bootcut style is more flattering than a straight or tapered leg, so that's another plus for these jeans. I wish the pockets were a little deeper; that's the only reason I'm not giving them 5 stars.
VINE VOICEon August 17, 2010
I've always hated shopping for jeans, because I can never find any that fit. If they fit in the hips/thighs, then the waist is huge! Not with these! The defined waist jeans, fit perfectly in the hips/thighs, and are made to fit us gals whose waists are just a bit smaller. It just feels so good not to have to wear a belt with a pair of jeans to keep them up, and to not have a huge wad of material bunched up in the back.

I have ordered these in Sky & Box Fresh, and discovered the Box Fresh seemed to fit big so I ordered a size smaller. But all is so very good with these jeans! And they wash up beautifully. I just love them!

See 1 answered question