Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 8, 2010
Okay, I give up. I have these jeans in dark wash. I LOVE THEM! So I decided to order a pair in black. Since I have lost nearly 20 pounds I decided to order them one size smaller than the pair I have. After a few days of anticipation, they finally arrived. They were too small. Alright. I had been warned by other reviewers that it could happen. Fair enough. I could deal with it. I sent them back and ordered the next size up. They were even smaller than the first pair! The thought of ordering a pair of jeans three sizes larger than what I normally wear is just too depressing to contemplate, so I'm done. Say it with me, Levi's: "C-O-N-S-I-S-T-A-N-T S-I-Z-I-N-G."
33 comments|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2010
These are my favorite jeans by far. I love the fit and that they don't stretch out too much after being worn all day. The colors stay pretty true (except for black fading of course). My only problem with them is that the sizes aren't accurate. For example: You order a size 16 of these. You wear them, they fit excellently. A month later, you order another pair of the same exact thing, same size, everything. It doesn't fit the same, it's either an entire 1-2 sizes larger or smaller than your first pair. Also, the size varies greatly between different colors as well. How are those of us that can't find these jeans in stores supposed to trust purchasing them online when the size charts aren't accurate because the jeans are made different sizes?
Overall, great jeans, if you can get the size right.
on January 5, 2009
I have a terrible time finding jeans that fit. I am short, 5'4" and curvy...jeans are always too long and gap in the back at the waist. I buy the "short" length in these and they hug my curves with no gap (and no undergarments showing!)I bought one in every color.
on January 21, 2010
These jeans are 1-2 sizes smaller than marked. I found that these "plus size" Levi's in a size 18 are about equal to "regular size" women's Levi's in size 14.
on April 9, 2011
Like other "1-star" reviews, I'm adding this to say that the sizing on these pants is bizarre. I'm a solid size 16 and 5'8". In Levi's 515's I'm a 14. I can barely get into a size 18 in these pants and they look awful when I get them on. (What doesn't fit in the pants gets squeezed over the top. Yikes!) I haven't found them in women's sizes (20 and up) in stores, but perhaps a pair of the women's ones would fit me better.
on April 30, 2009
To have a less than perfect shaped body makes it very hard to find jeans that actually fit right. The 512 by Levi's got it right. Just because I'm a little overweight, doesn't mean that I want to wear polyester pants with an elastic waist. Thank You LEVI'S!
on December 27, 2008
I'm wearing these now! I'm 5' 7" and the regular length is perfect for me. These jeans fit perfectly and never squeeze me or give that dreaded muffin-top.
on November 14, 2013
Things you need to know:

(1)The fabric in these jeans isn't real denim, it feels stretchy, like spandex. It looks perfect, though.

(2) The pockets are "girl pockets", which means they're so small you can't carry anything more than maybe a credit card or a few folded dollars. I was really ticked off about this because one reason I went with Levi instead of another brand was because I figured they'd be "real jeans" no matter what size. Wrong!

(3) There's also a little swooshy embroidery on the back pockets that I am not too thrilled with.

They're great, they're comfortable, they wear well, but they are not "real" jeans. I don't know whether I would have bought them if I'd seen them in a store, but they're good enough for knocking around, so whatever.

I wish it wasn't such a pain in the butt for women of substantial size to find decent normal clothing.
on January 17, 2012
I've worn Levi's for 30+ years. This is the first time I've purchased Levi's jeans that were so badly inaccurate in the size description. I have worn my current size for 10+ years. My most recent purchase was two years ago. I found that the two pairs of this jean I purchased are two sizes much too small than what the tag indicates.

If you choose to purchase this product, size up by two.
on February 14, 2013
i only wear 512 boot cut jeans, and i wear them daily. they fit perfectly, not too big or too small. most jeans with elastic or give stretch out and stay big, the levi's don't. another great thing is if they rip for items out of your control or items deemed 'manufacturer' defect, levi offers a lifetime guarantee, just call and have them sent for review. they stay true to color if you vinegar wash them first and don't shrink vertically, even with drying.