Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 11, 2013
**Updated 13 Jan 16 with current jean

As a human being constantly two sizes in pants at once, I despise purchasing new jeans. But you reach a point where you get desperate, and have to try something new. And these pants, they are indeed magic.

I pulled them out of the box and said, "These will never fit me."
I held them up to me and said "Nope, not going to fit."
I started to try them on and when they got stuck at the top of my thighs I said "Definitely never going to fit."
I finished putting them up and stared at the four inch gap between the button and fly and reaffirmed that observation.

I must have closed my eyes to miss the sparkly magic because when I buttoned them they fit like the best bespoke jeans you've ever had. So they're a little droopy where I have no butt to speak of. Who cares? They fit in the waist and they fit in the leg and at no point do I look like an old woman with diaper butt.

I might be fat, but I do actually really want to wear these (for once).

UPDATE: One pair of magic jeans will ultimately beget another. I'm so tired of terrible quality jeans for high quality prices (I'm throwing shade at you, Lane Bryant). My first pair went for nine months of almost daily wear before they wore out where my thighs rub together. Nine months! Magic pants, indeed.

But not all magic pants are built the same. If you want a pair with a lot of stretch, go with the Celestial. They stretch well when they go on (the magic effect attributed in my previous review), but you can get several day's wear out of them before they start to slip and they need to be washed to revert to their shape. I'll love you forever if you can find me another pair of stretch plus pants that do what these puppies do, I'm so tired of stretch things that fall off by the end of the day (my nonexistent butt does a terrible job holding them up). If you don't want the stretch, go with the Dark Night jeans. They're a dressier fabric and they don't stretch very much. Because of the limited stretch capacity you might want to consider ordering a size up, particularly if you're biggest in the front of the waist like me. The Dark Night jeans don't have the magical fit of the Celestial jeans, but they're a great fabric and really sturdy, particularly if you have a fiery passionate hatred of super-stretch jeans. Unfortunately, these jeans cannot solve your fiery passionate hatred of mass-market plus size clothes.

UPDATE (2/15): So here's the deal with these jeans- the color names have changed over time. But when the color name changes the cut, fit, and fabric of the jeans change as well. Thankfully, these jeans have gone from ultra-stretch straight leg jeans to dark wash, sturdy, actual skinny jeans. Levis is learning and it's a glorious thing for my ample and fabulous booty.

My dark night pair finally gave in to their vailiant struggle against the monumental forces of thigh friction, so I snagged a pair in soulful dark to replace them. Soulful dark is another sturdy, tighter weave. These won't completely stretch out in an hour (or even a full day's wear), unlike the old celestal ones which stretched out like a cheap hair tie. These glories are a lovely very dark flat blue wash, with no grain or feathering and no spandex stretch in sight. They're a very snug fit, so be real with yourself and consider ordering up if you have a lot of belly fat like I do.

They're still magic pants, but for a better reason- these bad boys are actually cut like a proper skinny jean! The legs are a slim fit all the way to the ankle, the waist is high enough to hold in your fat and avoid low rise-induced muffin top and they're long enough to look normal on a tall person! No straight-leg-is-skinny-on-a-fattie-right or awkward floodwater ankle cuts in sight! It's an absolute miracle, I didn't think this was possible to get from fat fashion. I'm sad I was so nice to these jeans before because Levis has legit nailed it with this version.

Now if only someone could explain this confusing feeling of satisfaction I get when I wear these...

Update (01/16):Still soulful dark. Still amazing.
66 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2015
Not sure how to rate this. I ordered a pair of black ones and this pair of blue ones. Exact same style. Exact same size (both "m" which, per the size chart should be 32" inseams). Ordered at the same time, fulfilled by the same processing center, arrived in the same package. Totally different inseam lengths... By about 2".... The black ones, with the correct inseam length, fit fantastically!! These, obviously, are too short... Not sure where the problem lies with this length difference...
review image review image review image review image
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2013
Nice jeans!!! The rise is a mid rise. Straight leg...which is tapered at the end. The streatch in these are great. Order your normal size and they fit like a dream. The length is medium. Which I am 5'1" and is a little long on me...but I wear dansko shoes and still a little long but doable. The color is a very dark black which is very nice and slimming. I love them...you won't go wrong with this one!!!!
on April 4, 2014
Very confusing fit. I ordered the 512 Straight Leg in a size 22 because I already own a two year old pair in size 20 but they are a smidge too small. Unfortunately the size 22 Straight Leg style was WAY too big, and the overall style of the cut was not the same, it was much wider in the legs etc.
So i returned them and ordered these, 512 Skinny style in size 20, and they are still too big! The fit is much closer to the old 512 Straight Leg fit that i already own, which is great. But the fabric is really really stretchy and soft so when I bend over they stretch and inch down a lot and the world gets a peek at what underwear i have on. i have to hike them back up once standing again.
Not to mention that when you walk they slowly creep down with each step. I have to keep pulling them up. Unfortunately i've already worn and washed them so i can't return them. I'm contemplating getting them in an 18 to see if they fit any better.
on November 26, 2012
The 512 Shinny Jeans fit like a dream. The material is a good grade of stretch denim and just the right shade of dark blue to make them look expensive which they are not! I am 5'7" and the length is perfect. I prefer to wear current styles of jeans and these are very stylish for anyone and my plus size frame as well. Don't hesitate to purchase these, I will have these dry cleaned! Happy Holidays!
on October 22, 2012
Great Fit. Fast Ship. And it makes my backside look... dare I say... cute! They fit great in boots and with flats. These are great jeans and I highly recommend.
on June 11, 2014
I was hesitant because they we called "skinny" jeans because I am not a skinny person but these are the most comfortable jeans I've ever purchased. I love Levi's and have given up on "bargain" jeans and the plus size store brands fit like a potato sack. So after reading one of the other reviews about how good they were I thought I'd try them.. They aren't much different than the relaxed fit 512 except they are finally long enough which tends to be a problem because I'm 5'9" and most pants are about an inch too short. So if your below 5'7" they might be too long but you can always hem them.
on March 20, 2014
Makes my butt look amazing! I've been wearing Levis 512s for a few years in Boot Cut, and as I have lost some weight and toned up a bit I decided to go with the Skinny jean. I am SO happy that I did. They look amazing! These are a quality-made jean that will hold up. Some people complain that the rise is too low. They must be used to really high mom jeans, because I am 5' 11" with a long waist and long legs and these fit me perfectly, just below my navel. Even If I were to wear heels it will still be just right, but at my hight I'm not going to.
on October 18, 2013
I bought these jeans in two different sizes just to make sure I got a proper fit because I'm between sizes. Both are going right back because the rise is much too low for my liking. The denim was nice and dark and the jeans were stretchy enough to accomodate everything I wanted accomodating and I would have kept them if I felt like I wouldn't be exposing my "Plumber's Crack" everytime I sat down. Sorry Levi's. I'm giving you a thumbs down on these jeans.
on October 31, 2013
This was the very first pair of pants I've ever ordered on line. I was so skeptical, but no where else was I able to just walk into a retailer and find them on the shelf. After reading other's reviews, I ordered accordingly, and really have found this style as being "TRUE TO SIZE". They fit (almost) perfect... The length on these are just about a half inch too long for me, but then again, I'm only 5'2".