5.0 out of 5 stars Levi never disappoints me
I am thicker in the waist and slimmer in the hips. These are the perfect pants for me. The waist gives me the extra room that I need without the bottom half looking oversized. Excellent product and yes, I did go back and ordered more !!!!
Published on April 16, 2011 by Jane Doe

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely NOT skinny jeans
Published on October 6, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely NOT skinny jeans, October 6, 2011
Amazon Customer "bird lover" (The Hamptons, Long Island NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Women's Mid Rise Skinny Jean (Apparel)
I had high hopes for these since I am over 40 but love skinny jeans and was looking for some that aren't low cut. If you aren't a twig, low cut jeans make a nice muffin top and even though I didn't major in fashion, I don't think that is a desirable look for anyone. I have a pair of mid-rise straight jeans (they are tagged 552's but I guess that has changed) and they have a fairly skinny jeans cut, but I thought I'd try these. Arrived today, and while the fabric is great, and so is the length, these are definitely NOT skinny jeans. The ankle opening is way too wide, much wider than on the model in the picture. They almost have a little mini "flare" to them. The mid rise seems fine in the front but is lower in the back, so I am stuck again with wearing long shirts that end up looking like maternity wear. I don't understand why designers can't understand that regular women want to be fashionable, too- my dream jeans would be mid rise in front AND back, be truly skinny all the way to the ankle, and have just a touch of stretch. I guess that is too much to ask. The 552's are the closest I have found, so they probably quit making them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Levi never disappoints me, April 16, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay!!!, March 27, 2012
Zoe K. (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
I was looking for:
1. skinny jeans that can truly be classified as "skinny"...there seem to be many jeans out there with the skinny label that should have been classified as slim or straight leg.
2. Jeans that would cover my round rump so that every time I bent over, my crack or undies didn't show (ugh).
3. Jeans that, while able to satisfy the above #2, could also taper in at the waist so that I don't have a big waist gap in the back.
4. Jeans that didn't rise too high at the waist to avoid looking granny-like (though I do acknowledge that recent trend of the high-waisted jeans and shorts--just not a good look for me), or those that were so low-rise, causing my hip/flank meat to flop over the waist band like that of a sloppy teenager.

These jeans met all of the above requirements. The denim thickness is just right, too--not too heavy, but not so thin than they feel like you're wearing cotton yoga pants. I'm 5'8", with a 31.5 inch true inseam, and bought the size 8 (medium length), which falls perfectly at my ankles with no bunching or high-water action. They're very comfortable, and super cute on my butt--the pockets are the right size and are strategically placed so that if you have a rounder backside, you don't end up looking like you've hijacked a TV under your jeans...I'm serious, pocket placement is so important when it comes to both minimizing and maximizing the rump, people! I bought the nightstorm color, which is a darker navy-indigo with a touch of fading through the thighs (but not dramatically faded, which I liked). Very happy with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars oh levi's, September 6, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Women's Mid Rise Skinny Jean (Apparel)
i bought two pair, black and cinder grey, and when they came in the mail i realized they were CORDUROY! They fit perfectly but the descriptions don't mention corduroy at all! i expected denim! Not happy, returning them.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THESE JEANS, October 27, 2012
Aunt B "B" (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Levi's Women's Mid Rise Skinny Jean (Apparel)
I am 64 and thought my jean wearing days were over. I have small hips and legs but my waist is larger than it used to be. I thought I was condemned to wearing elastic waist pants until I tried these. The mid rise fit perfect just below my waist and the jeans were not baggy on my butt and thighs. So if you are a bit larger in the waist and smaller in the hip and thigh try these jeans you will love the fit. THANKS LEVI!!

1.0 out of 5 stars certainly not "denim", August 31, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Women's Mid Rise Skinny Jean (Apparel)
I do like these but are not what i expected. I ordered black jeans and received what is more like a chocolate brown brushed denim corduroy. Not sure if im keeping them yet!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very skinny, October 12, 2011
Too baggy and shapeless. Also, fabric was stiff. I returned them.

In olden times, Levis were comfortable, fit well, and had consistent sizing from style to style. What happened?

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these jeans!, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Levi's Women's Mid Rise Skinny Jean (Apparel)
I ordered these a size bigger than I normally wear after reading other reviews, and I'm glad I did because Levi's do run a little small. When I tried them on, they fit perfectly, and I loved them. Very slimming and comfortable. I like jeans that don't sit too low on the hip, so these were perfect. Love the color too!
Word of advice to potential buyers - just know that Levi's generally run a little small so buy a size bigger than you normally wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these jeans, March 2, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Women's Mid Rise Skinny Jean (Apparel)
I just received these jeans and as soon as I tried them on I was in love. Since I had a baby, I can not wear low rise jeans anymore. I am 5'7 and weight 165, but since my baby I have a bit of a stomach, these jeans hit right where they are suppose too on the waist. I will be purchasing this same type of jean in different colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fitting Levi's in a long time!, November 27, 2013
This review is from: Levi's Women's Mid Rise Skinny Jean (Apparel)
I have to try on lots of jeans before finding any that fit well and are comfortable, and these passed the test! They look great too. There is just enough stretch for them to provide a custom fit. They are skinny enough to look good, and tuck into boots, but not so skinny that the material rubs against your skin and irritates, a problem I find with a lot of skinny jeans. They are the perfect balance between a super skinny jean for fashion, and a comfort jean. The rise is perfect also. Doesn't look like a "mom" jean, but is not so low that it gaps or falls down in the back when you sit, as many other jeans do on me. Hope these stay available for a long time!

Levi's Women's Mid Rise Skinny Jean