Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Size Name: 1-Pack|Color Name: Brown|Change

on December 2, 2011
Used this to put 2 CFLs in that high socket to get more light - and it works!
Put a little WD40 on a paper towel and wipe the threads of this - and on the lamp sockets so they'll be easier to remove in a couple of years when they burn out. It keeps the lamps from seizing up.
44 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2011
It's a decent product for the price, but it definitely feels cheaply made. If you screw the light bulb in too tight you will hear a crack noise and the metal at the base might even start to slip. As long as you don't put too much pressure on it you shouldn't have any problems. I have 4 or 5 of these and none of them have failed yet.
on June 3, 2013
I bought 4 of these and 3 of them the base metal twisted off the plastic and got stuck in the socket. I had to dig the metal out of the socket after shutting off the power first of course but it was a waste of time and now I only have one. I discovered that the 2 crimps that hold the metal in place were not done deep enough so if you buy these then make sure to use a penny to make the dimple deeper but not so much to tear the metal. It is very thin and will tear very easily.
on November 18, 2012
I've hated switching to CFL's. I loved the light output of a 250 watt incandescent bulb. There are CFL's that put out a lot of light, but good luck finding one that will fit within a normal lamp harp. This device helps make up most of the light deficit with the common CFL. There's not much to say about it. It just works. It's not elegantly designed or manufactured, but that doesn't matter when it's behind a lamp shade.

UPDATE: I've mostly switched to LED's, which at this time top out at 100W equivalent bulbs for models that don't have a built in fan. Fortunately this adapter still works for the heavier LED bulbs.
on December 9, 2012
I had a torcher which was designed to fit 1 incadescent 60w bulb. Since I already had 2 pieces of 5W led lamps lying around, I wanted to use them in my torcher. When installed only one lamp, I found that light amount was not just enough, so I bought this coupler to re-use both lamps and it worked flawlessly.
on January 21, 2014
The first one broke off in the socket and I had to use a piar to extract it. The second one is Stuck permanently in the socket I placed it in. leviton was an old very Reliable product. These are poorly "Made in China". The inner socket is made from very thin aluminum
and fits poorly in a normal socket. If you want to put two LED or other bulbs in th same socket I advise you to look for another product!
on September 25, 2014
Works for what it is intended to do but is not made like the ones in the old days.Cheap material,screwed into socket and it came right back out. Put back in again and did not try to tighten snug. Thank God I am using led bulbs in this fixture because I don't expect that this item would take frequent handling without breaking or wearing out. Price was right and in this case you get what you pay for
Good for a basement or garage light fixture to increase lighting. I would compare this light fixture to the new pop cans compared to the way the old ones were built.
on October 18, 2011
I've been looking for an adapter like this for long time, finally I found it on Amazon. This is very convenient for people who needs extra light in the room but with limited light bulb socket, this converts a single light bulb socket into two so you have two light bulbs instead of one. I love this very much!!!
on August 10, 2015
Seems sturdy enough. Did the trick. Went from a 40 watt incandescent bulb in my garage to two LED floodlight bulbs totally about 26 watts. Over 2000 lumens of light! Great gizmo to light up my garage. Gonna buy more for the storage area of my basement.
review image
on November 4, 2013
My order arrived promptly and in perfect condition.

The LEVITON adapter is a quality product with these features:

Light-socket adapter converts a single socket into a twin socket
Attractive ivory color nicely accommodates surrounding decor
15 amps; 660 watts; 250 volts; medium base
2-pole/2-wire design; cam-type; taper nose; UL-CSA rated
Measures approximately 4 inches long by 2 inches wide by 4 inches high.

I used the Leviton Adapter to replace a 60-Watt incandescent with two (2) 13-Watt squiggly CFLs. Laundry room is now twice as bright while I save 34 Watts of power. Should pay for itself in a couple of years. The brightness is a bonus.