|Item Weight||2.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15.5 x 9.1 x 3.3 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||S1000-S15|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||Lifetime Limited Downline|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Leviton S1000-S15 120 Volt/15 Amp, Office Grade Surge Strip, Abs Plastic Enclosure, 15 Ft Cord, 5-15P plug, Beige
|Price:||$38.11 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Ground pin to outside for more transformer configurations
- Diagnostic LEDs for surge protection, polarity and ground verification
- Audible alarm indicates loss of protection
- Provides excellent surge suppression and EMI/RFI noise attenuation for microprocessor-driven electronic equipment
- Indicator lights confirm unit is operating and properly grounded
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
That's where devices such as this Leviton S1000-PS Office Grade Surge Strip fit in. Not only does it offer the convenience of six outlets, it was designed for both general home and office use.
* Six-foot input cord with right angle 3-prong plug; hugs the wall; has a thumb grip
* Has six right-angle outlets as opposed to the regular inline outlets
* Audible alarm & indicator lights; illuminated resettable circuit breaker switch
* Very neutral ivory-beige ABS housing; businesslike
* Comes with Velcro straps to organize the power cord
* Wall mounting template included inside the box
* UL1449 3rd Edition rated (see below)
* None so far
If you've used standard power strips or surge strips with regular inline power plugs then you know what a hassle it can be when you try to plug in a few cell phone or Bluetooth headset chargers. Some of these are so close together that you can only plug two or three into the six power sockets. But look at the design of this surge strip and you can see that plugs and chargers go in side-by-side instead of almost on top of each other.Read more ›
1) no twistable, movable or otherwise configurable outlets. For the price, this feature is expected.
2) gives a very standard feature set, including indicator lights for polarity and whether for not the surge strip is grounded.
3) minimal chord length - 6feet.
4) The strip plugs into the wall using a very flat plug. Much appreciated!
3 stars mainly to reflect lack of value. Prices for comparable strips go as low as ~$12 or so.
The outlets are turned outwards to make more efficient use of the space when power bricks are attached. This is both a pro and a con, because some modern plugs are designed to take only one space in traditional power strips. For example, the long bricks used for cell phone or modem cords. When facing sideways, these plugs can overlap adjacent outlets on this power strip. So, check the plugs you intend to use before deciding on this strip.
I have purchased Leviton dimmers because they filter electrical noise, and this power strip offers that as well. It is nice to have a filter without having to purchase a full UPS. Also, there are LED indicators and an alarm. Again, features that are normally on more expensive devices.
If the outlet configuration works in your favor, you will likely be very happy with the S1000-PS surge strip.
The specifics of its protection are surge protection up to 1010 joules and clamping voltage specs of L-N 660 volts, L-G 700 volts, and N-G 700 volts.
There are two indicator lights for showing proper grounding and surge protection and power on.(Your surge protector will do little good without being grounded so be aware of that when using in older buildings)
The nice extras are two velcro straps to tie cords down with, an audible alarm when protection is lost, rubber anti-skid and anti-scratch pads on the bottom of the protector, a template included on the box for screw mounting the device on the wall, and a "space saving plug" that's handy for connecting with outlets that have furniture close in front of them.
Also an added benefit is EMI/RFI noise reduction. This "cleans" your power since modern microcircuits can "age" because of minute voltage fluctuations in the line).
For those in smaller houses and apartments, it should be noted that there is a warning to install this device only when there is at least 30 meters between the outlet where it's plugged in and an electrical service panel.
Of course, there's no way to know how effective this thing is until the fatal surge happens. However, it does come with a limited lifetime warranty for it and devices plugged into it. That warranty, however, doesn't cover damage from lightning strikes in "close proximity" to the premises.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just want I needed to provide protection for our computers and TV.Published 2 months ago by R. Hodge
I can Use the Leviton S1000-PS and Be Very Confident that it's a Well Made and Safe Surge Strip ! JoePublished 4 months ago by Joe Bullock
I bought because Leviton is a respected name in the industry.Published 9 months ago by Darlene Dubis
Just what we needed for the dorm room. would recommend to anyone that needs to plug in multiple items for school.Published 23 months ago by Viper1
Not that its been struck by lightning or anything but I would say this item is working well and as intended. If anything melts or explodes I will update...LOL. Read morePublished on August 19, 2013 by eric cobourn
I got this for a computer that I wanted to protect from a possible power surge. So far, so good. I have had it for 5 months.Published on July 12, 2013 by Bob
I am using this for my cable modem, wireless router, and a TV. One of the items uses a transformer plug and because of this, it puts a lot of weight hanging off the side of the... Read morePublished on August 14, 2012 by Mary S.