|Item Weight||8.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||31 x 16.6 x 3 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||47605-28D|
|Power Source||wired electric|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Number Of Holes||1|
|Warranty Description||2 Year Limited|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $14.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Leviton Structured Media Center, Series 280, 28" Hinged Cover Only
|Price:||$36.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$12.41 (25%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Size - 28 inch: 29.32" (744.7mm)H x 15.62" (396.7mm) W x 0.25" (6.4mm) D
- Built-in precision hinge and integrated design conceal fasteners and hide drywall cuts
- Dynamic alternative to more conservative screw-on, flush mount covers
- Opens 180 Degrees and mounts on right or left side for easy access in any space
- White, powder coated steel provides sleek appearance with durability and scratch resistant surface
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The one design flaw that this door/enclosure combination has are the mounting screws. The holes in the enclosure are not tapped and the screws are slightly too big to fit the holes and are not self-tapping. Combine that with the fact that the thread on the screws is weaker than the metal surrounding the hole and you get a really painful installation. One of the screws I used stripped off its thread completely, basically turning into a nail. Also, the screws are very long. Just overall a really bad design. But there are at least two easy fixes, so only one star off:
1. Tap the holes before installing the screws if you really have your heart set on using the provided ones.
2. Go to your favorite hardware store and buy different screws. I chose the white #8 x 3/8" Stainless Steel Hex Head Phillips Sheet Metal Screws by Crown Bolt from Home Depot. These work perfectly. Just the right length and tightness, strong enough to not strip (using the hex head to tighten), and they're white to match the rest of the frame.
Another thing I would have preferred to be different is the fact that the door has a clear directionality to it: If you mount it so that it opens on the left rather than on the right as shown in the product image, the Leviton logo is upside down in the bottom left corner and the key-hole is above the handle, so it definitely looks "upside down". But that's a minor complaint from a perfectionist, so I won't take off any stars for that...
The door and flange/trim ring did not quite overlap the sheetrock hole across the top side of the media box in in my particular installation, and a gap is still visible when the door is closed. A mild disappointment since I paid extra for the "premium" door with an included trim ring.
This is the NON-trim version, the only thing on non-door side of the piano hinge is a roughly 1" wide flange with two mounting holes. All the pictures I could find online (amazon or elsewhere) only show the trimmed version.
I'm sure this door would be quite pleasant (it is very nicely made) if used with the Leviton case its designed to match, but thats not the application I was looking for.
The only negative I have found about this door is that it "pinches" a little at the bottom left when closing. However, this should not create a material problem. All-in-all, I would definitely get this product again
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Combined w the media center, the door gives a nice look to a completed home wiring setup. Plus, keeps all wires, modems, etc from getting dirty.Published 7 months ago by Patrick W
Great box for holding your router, cable connection, modem, and any power over ethernet plugs that you need to run a second or third access point. Read morePublished 10 months ago by blueridgemountains83