Lewis Ice Bag (1, 11 IN)
|Price:||$6.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Lewis bag made of heavy grade natural canvas.
- Bag Dimensions: 7 1/2"W x 11"H.
- Ideal way to make crushed ice for your favorite juleps, frappes, mojitos and mists!
- Classic bartending tool.
- Retro 1940's style.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Package Quantity: 1 | Size: 11 IN
Top Customer Reviews
This one does, too- but it's the lowest-tech and easiest to store we've tried.
Basically: put ice in the heavy canvas bag; fold the top over and hold it, and hit it with a hammer (or a meat tenderizer). Not only does it smash the ice efficiently, but it's excellent for releasing hostility! (I am a metalsmith, and I often say that us metals people are happy because we get to hit things and set them on fire- one commonality we have with cooking, which is another passion of mine).
You won't get perfectly shaved ice for a frozen margarita, but it's not a bad way to start that, then put it in a really sturdy blender. For other iced cocktails, it's excellent, handy, and easy to use and to store.
I gave the item 3 stars since the quality of the canvas material is quite good and I expect them to last a good while. It's just unfortunate that half the items are poorly constructed.
The absolute testament to this purchase was when my entire household got the flu over the Christmas/New Years break. No crushed ice and none of us able to eat anything other than ice chips. Mssrs. Lewis and Crown enabled even the most feeble of us to nurse ourselves out of sickness and into health.
Now, they reign supreme at our très intime apartment parties.
Be sure if you get this bag, the first thing you do is turn it inside out and trim off all the excess string, unless you like bits of cotton floss in your Mai Tai.
The Lewis Ice Bag is a fun accessory in the kitchen or bar, making small quantities of crushed ice as needed. I've had mine for several months, and use it often. And if mine suddenly burst into flame, I would first call the fire department, and then get on Amazon to order another one.
A few caveats, if you're planning to get one:
* You'll find that the canvas seam inside the bag sheds a thread once in a while. It's part of the charm, so fish it out of the crushed ice and enjoy your extra-charming drink. :-)
* There's a knack to putting the right amount of "smash" on the ice. If you overfill the bag, you'll leave several cubes un-smashed, so don't plan on making six drinks at once with this thing. One or two drinks at a time.
* My icemaker cranks out *really* cold ice. The first time I use the Lewis Bag, the canvas is nice and dry, and it works great. The second time around (if the bag is still a little wet from the first run), the crushed ice immediately freezes onto the wet canvas. It's not a show-stopper, it's just a thing that happens. I might get a second bag and cycle through them to allow for drying time. Or I could, what ... drink less? (Good thing Amazon doesn't tell you how *many* of these things I buy!)
It also comes with a "bat" to break the ice, but what's not in the description is that it also is a rather nice muddler.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked well for about a week and a half however it proceeded to rip down the side stitching when crushing a normal ice trays worth of cubes after 10 or 12 uses. Read morePublished 1 month ago by All The Things
Appealing article that tore open along the seam rendering it useless. Very disappointed. returning.Published 1 month ago by AT
It does what it is supposed to do: allow you to crack ice without leaking or making a mess. I recommend a large-faced mallet for this, in order to make quick work of the ice cubes. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I just received this bag and used it to crush ice. I drink smoothies and having crushed ice for the smoothie makes it the smoothest smoothie I've had. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Vanessa Massey
well hubby likes and gets me back my meat mallet. works well for him. heavy canvasPublished 2 months ago by M. H. Moore
Sturdy material, but the stitching is HORRIBLE. Used it couple of times to crush ice and it riped . Useless....Published 3 months ago by dnd0220
Some drinks just gotta have REAL crushed ice and not the stuff out of your refrigerator ice machine. Read morePublished 3 months ago by C. Cowherd