5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the weight, yuk yuk
I purchased this for a trip abroad. I had to tightly limit my weight as I could only check 2 bags at 50# each and carry one at 15#s, I had scuba gear with me and would be gone for 10 days.
Published on December 2, 2007 by R. Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars My 2 cents
Functionally it works great.

Some things to consider

1. have to hold up- arms outstretched for (approx) 5 seconds to lock in weight and may be difficult for some (in all fairness you have to hold up the luggage with any scale like this)

Published on May 25, 2007 by D. Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the weight, yuk yuk, December 2, 2007
I used this to balance out my gear between the bags. Both the large bags were ounces under 50. The airport confirmed this as theirs said exactly 50. So I would say the error was less than 1%, which is better than I thought it would be.
I did take along the scale as I knew I would need it on the return. Worked like a charm. This scale paid for itself in this one trip.
It is easy to operate and is not heavy as one review reported.
I looked at several scales before buying this one and I am glad I did. Worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars My 2 cents, May 25, 2007
Functionally it works great.

Some things to consider

2. Was suprised at the weight of the scale. Assuming that the people that would be purchasing this would carry this along on their trip and that they were already close to their weight limit, I thought the company that manufactured this item would have made it lighter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, April 2, 2007
Great little scale that gets the job done for a bargain price. I like that it freezes the highest recorded weight measurement on the screen for your review.

5.0 out of 5 stars get a couple, November 7, 2007
abj pigeon (Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire) - See all my reviews
I travel internationally and don't leave home without this jewel. It is highly accurate and extremely usable. I only have two complaints. First, the ON button is easily clicked while in my suitcase. This will eventually allow the battery to run down. Second, my work colleagues are constantly borrowing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Take An Airplane Without It!, November 9, 2008
The product works as advertised. It is easy to use. As long as you can pick up the article to be weighed with both hands and can thread the scale's straps through the handles, you're set. It beeps as soon as it gets a reading and you can put the article down. The weight will stay in the display until you clear it. The weights that were shown on the scale were exactly the same as the ones that were shown at the check-in counter at the airports. The only negative that I have is that the battery compartment cover should be redesigned. If you grip the scale a little bit to the side it will loosen. It will still indicate the correct weight but you will have to refasten the cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Luggage Scale _ No more surprises!, August 22, 2010
On a recent trip overseas, a colleague had a baggage scale that he used to verify his bag's weight before leaving the hotel en route to the airport. Airlines have this annoying habit of checking your bag at check-in and if it is one pound over, they give you the option of taking something out to avoid excess baggage charges or pay an excess baggage charge. If you choose to take something out to lighten your bag, you have to figure out how much to remove and then to carry it ... in you pocket, briefcase,carry-on, etc. My colleague's scale quickly gave a digital readout that was accurate and easy to read and was exactly the same as the airline's baggage scale when I later checked in.

When I returned from my trip, I Googled the name of the scale and I found it at Amazon. The price was reasonable and I ordered two - one for myself and another for my daughter, a physician who travels and loves gadgets. The scales arrived, work fine, and both myself and my daughter are happy with them. One thing about the Balanzza Digital Scale - it has a very sensitive on/off switch. If it accidently turns on, it will run the unit to exhaustion and it will not be available when it is needed. However, I found that it was very easy to remove one of the miniture batteries that power the unit and place it into the handle/strap. I pop it into the unit when I need it and it has not yet failed and the unit is very accurate and easy to use. Now, no more surprises at baggage check-in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Proved It's Worth Already, May 17, 2007
Christine (Ireland, via Chicago!) - See all my reviews
I purchased 3 of the luggage scales 1 for me and 2 for other members of my family. Within one day of receiving the luggage scales they were being put to use. My aunt was the guinea pig and she found it easy to use and can't thank me enough for buying one for her!

The luggage scale is lightweight which is good for bringing it with us on our trips to ensure we don't overbuy while on vacation!

There is no hook to get caught/snagged on any items while in storage/luggage. The unit is easy to use proved when it was my aunt (who is not technical minded at all, she struggles with a tv remote sometimes) proceeded to show me how to use it. Both LBs and KGs are displayed for view.

So all in all one of the best buys I have bought in ages. I'm just sorry I didn't purchase the pack of 5. I'll never be unknowingly over weight anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really, Really Handy, November 10, 2007
We just used this on a cruise ship and it made us VERY popular! Works amazingly well. We previously had the manual one that was very difficult to use by yourself. I would have given it 5 stars, but it is a little big and the plastic feels a little brittle. It's still the best one currently on the market though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for regular travellers, September 13, 2009
I travel very often too and from school, and I've always had a problem with overweight luggage. This scale was incredibly accurate (only about 0.4 lbs off from the airport scale), and once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and accurate, July 28, 2009
This scale is easy to use and as far as I can tell its accurate. I weighed my luggage with the Balanzza scale then on my regular scale and the weights were the same. The Balanzza scale will be so handy for my return trip to make sure my luggage is not over the limit. In the past I've just had to guess on my return trip luggage weight which can be costly when I guess its too light. I highly recommend it.

Lewis N. Clark Blanzza Digital Luggage Scale