4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy
Published on December 14, 2010 by DW

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Do not use on duffle bags
As fellow reviewers say, this lock works great!
...On solid cases, that is.

Published on August 22, 2012 by tia

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, December 14, 2010
Bought these to use on my bags during a recent cruise. My order arrived on time. These locks are very easy to set up and they are sturdy. The cable is tough and high quality. I work at a major airport and I have seen some of the things that happen to luggage. I strongly suggest locking your luggage. This is a TSA approved lock meaning they can open it if necessary with a special tool they have. This type of lock is better than the keyed luggage locks and the price for the 2 pack on this site is better than any others I found.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel luggage locks that survive the rigors of time, September 13, 2010
E. MacDonald (Silicon Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lewis N. Clark Tsa Cable Lock 2 Pack (Apparel)
I've used these locks for several years while traveling & what differentiates them from other similar travel locks is the cable loop.
Since the cable is flexible, it can bend if caught in a baggage conveyor without any damage to the lock or your bag.
Other hard-shackle-type locks usually break or bend permanently & become unusable.

Overall: great locks, great price. TSA-compliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly secure!, January 15, 2010
Alex V. "Alex" (Miami, FL, 33166) - See all my reviews
The best review I can give for this luggage cable lock is my personal experience when the airline sent my luggage to another country and it spent 4 days on the hands of thieves (some airport personnel I guess) that tried their best to broke or cut the cable to open the lock.

They destroyed it BUT they never got to broke or cut it to open it, my luggage came back to me intact, just had to replace the lock with another great Lewis N. Clark.

Do I need more to explain?

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great., November 8, 2010
I have used in at least 20 times to keep my 100lb footlocker locked. Seems to hold up fine. Takes a beating and keeps on going.

Has NEVER come open.

4.0 out of 5 stars Prevented theft, January 11, 2014
Someone had clearly tried to break the lock off of a bag that was using this lock and they failed to get in. The lock was twisted about 4 full rotations, more than would have occurred with just banging around, and did not break. The lock is not really usable anymore since some of the plastic covering on the wire has come off, a few wire strands did break, and the wire is extremely distorted. The lock on the other bag is perfectly fine. No issues with TSA.

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient locks, January 15, 2011
I bought these locks mainly to keep my suitcase's fairly free-moving zippers from easily coming open during baggage handling, and secondarily for peace of mind. Historically I haven't traveled with locks on my luggage since the whole TSA fiasco came into existence, and never had anything stolen. (Though I usually keep valuables in my carry-on bags when possible - it's just common sense.)

It's true that the cables are narrow gauge and could easily be snipped with the right tool. These locks are mainly to deter the casual thief who'd take a peek in your luggage if it wasn't locked, and who doesn't carry around heavier-duty breaking-and-entering tools. I don't think they're any less "safe" than a padlock with a solid bar instead. The right tool could cut through those just as easily. And I like the idea of having the flexible cable in case the bag rolls over on them - I'm not worried about the zippers breaking because the locks wouldn't give a little.

At first I was a little worried one of my two locks wouldn't come open like other reviewers had mentioned, but it's really just kind of a funky mechanism. You have to make sure you're pulling it in the right direction to get it to come free, or you'll be pulling for a while to no avail. My boyfriend used one on his bag on our last trip and claimed he couldn't get it open. I went over and pulled it off no problem. So RTFM, people (read the instructions).

I like that it's a combination lock so I don't have to keep track of any keys, dig keys out to get my bag open, or worry about losing the keys. The locks themselves feel hefty and generally of good quality. I'd buy them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Do not use on duffle bags, August 22, 2012
As fellow reviewers say, this lock works great!
...On solid cases, that is.

Make sure you never use this lock on a duffel bag, backpack, or any other similar bag. Before travelling, I did a test break-in on an Osprey duffle bag. All I had to do was wiggle the zipper tabs apart one inch, then pull each side of the zipper, and I had a Huge opening - Incredibly quick and easy for someone to snatch things large and small from your bag, without removing the lock.

So, I went with REI KeyCard TSA Locks, which worked great for a recent multi-stop international trip. Very secure, easy to use, and I didn't have any trouble with TSA. Hope this review helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lock, June 18, 2010
I recently used this lock on a trip to Greece a few weeks ago, and the product is great. I'm not an expert in lock picking but I can say that my locks went through airport security just fine. The number are big enough for my small hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and Sturdy, June 18, 2011
This little lock appears to be really strong and sturdy. I tried to break it open myself with no luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Lock, December 22, 2011
This review is from: Lewis N. Clark Tsa Cable Lock 2 Pack (Apparel)
I bought these locks to go on my suitcase (obviously). They are pretty small but much better than using a key to open as keys are very easy to lose! The three digit combination is perfect and makes it easier to remember. The cable that locks into place is great. I love that it is so flexible. It fits perfectly into the very small hole between the two zippers on my luggage. It clicks into place very easily and though small it seems very durable. It's also TSA complaint which is great because they'll find any excuse to tear into your luggage and if they find a need to, this lock makes it easier as they have a special key that opens it without them having to break the lock.

Conclusion: I love that it is a two-pack, making a good deal even better. These are small but the numbers are readable. It's easy to use and very durable. If I ever need more, I know which ones I will purchase!

Lewis N. Clark   Tsa Cable Lock 2 Pack