4.0 out of 5 stars Great toiletry bag
Published on November 29, 2011 by Aylee

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright for my needs, but I don't think it would travel well.
I didn't buy these as travel bags, which is a good thing, because they're not very roomy. I bought these for my kids, so that they could keep their toiletries in their rooms, and travel to whatever bathroom was open. I was tired of "MOM! Susie's in the bathroom and I need my toothbrush!". So this way, the toothbrush is always available and when they are done,...
Published 18 months ago by ToothGrinder

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toiletry bag, November 29, 2011
This review is from: Lewis N. Clark 1592 Hanging Toiletry Kit (Apparel)
It's the perfect size for me. It holds a lot. On my last trip, I had 6.75 fl oz shampoo, 1.7 fl oz conditioner, 10 fl oz shower gel, 6 oz apricot scrub, and another 1 oz apricot scrub in the middle compartment alone. I had everything else including a regular-size loofah in the other compartments. I love how the compartments are different, one is mesh, one is see-through plastic and the third is opaque which opens on all 3 sides. I would rate it 5 stars, but I prefer a simple hook to hang it and velcro strap to keep it closed instead of the plastic fasteners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I needed it to be!, March 21, 2012
After scouring the Amazon listings for hanging toiletry cases, this looked like my best bet for my under-the-seat carry on. Let me preface by saying that I do not check baggage - all of my shoes and clothing go in the 'suitcase' rolling bag that goes in the overhead bin, and everything else goes in the bag under the seat.

I was looking for a bag that would hold a lot of items and would roll or fold up to be as compact as possible so as not to waste any precious space in the under-the-seat bag.

I was successfully able to fit all of my non-liquid toiletries and even my mineral cosmetics into this bag with room to spare. This was great because now I don't have to have the seperate make-up bag, just a small brush roll for makeup brushes. The only thing that made it feel more bulky when rolled up was my glasses case, which was no big deal, since it doesn't really NEED to be in there.

I especially like the clear, zippered pouch in the middle. It's perfect for cosmetics. I just wish it was detachable in some way, but that doesn't make it unmanageable.

I also love that once unfolded, every single item in the bag is clearly visible, and that the zippers are located at the top of the pouches so there is no chance for items to spill out once the bag is hanging open.

While there is no hook for hanging, there is a loop at the top that snaps together, so you can hang it from virtually anything, and if needed a coat hanger would do the trick.

This bag really freed up a lot of space for me. It's been on a couple of road trips so far, and I can't wait to take it on its first plane trip in a couple of weeks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much larger than I expected, but works wonderfully, October 9, 2011
This was much larger than I expected. As a guy, I don't really have much.
-toothbrush
-toothpaste
-shaver
-3oz shaving cream
-3 oz shampoo
-3 oz bodywash
-nail clipper, tweezers & nose hair trimmer
- 3oz contact solution & contact case

I was able to easily fit everything in the first two sections! I really didn't know what to do with the other sections. I brought this solely because of the hanging ability. I wanted to be able to hang it on a hook or a door knob. Works great! It folds up nicely too! But it's just way too big for me.

I'll update about durability in a few months after I abuse it a little on my camping/snowboarding trips.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little big, December 20, 2010
Mike F (East Lansing, MI) - See all my reviews
This is a little bigger than I was expecting, and also basically rolls up into a ball. I wouldn't buy this again, but it's cheap and gets the job done. The many compartments are nice, but would like something smaller than laid flatter in my suitcase.

4.0 out of 5 stars so close, November 1, 2011
they almost got this right ... but rather than the clip to hand it with, a good old fashioned hook would be far better. Good deal for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pouches should be bigger, January 16, 2013
Note that when you first open it, it appears to only have 3 compartments. You have to unzip the third to reveal the section of elastic loops. This means to fold as designed, you would have to zip the two together again, meaning the bottom compartment could hold a lot more once it's unfolded, but put too much in the lower two before packing and it won't zip due to lack of adequate material in zipper side panels. Perhaps it is meant that you should only use the loops once unpacked in a bathroom for easy access, rather than to pack.

Because of the numerous compartments, it should hold a good amount of stuff. However, each individual compartment does not have a lot of depth and will not be able to accommodate many very fat objects and still zip. The clear one is sort of shaped like a box zippered on the seam, and its depth is 1" (I measured). The bottom combined loop/mesh pocket, once zipped, is 3/4" in depth. The mesh pockets on their own are harder to measure as they are just a piece of mesh sewn at the edges onto the backing rather than having side panels, but I think these would hold the most as it's a bit stretchy and the back can bend. The elastic loops are stretchy enough I can fit my hand in them as a petite woman, so those could possibly hold bottles. None of the compartments are tall enough to accommodate a full size shampoo or contact lens solution bottle standing upright; however, they would fit at an angle (possible spill risk). But it is likely that one full size bottle like this would then take up the entirety of one compartment unless you want to stick something very small in there like hair ties. Would definitely be great for travel size items.

There is a lot of space between the first 3 compartments, 2-3 inches of flat material which I imagine helps with folding or if you want to hang it and leave pouches open and stand taller objects sticking out of them. The design does mean that if you stuff it, it's not going to fold very compactly - more like a bundle - and might not buckle. I would not purchase this if you are picky about how it folds unless you don't carry much at once because it looks like it may be kind of a bulky bundle/have to lie flat if it's stuffed.

Materials seam durable and water resistant, like you could wipe it down without soaking it. But it's not vinyl or plastic except for the clear pocket. Does not seam like it would tear easily and the seams, etc, do not look cheaply done. The elastic does look like once it's stretched it may not go totally back to original shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Cheap Toiletry Bag, June 15, 2010
Isa H. Loeb (Ellensburg, WA USA) - See all my reviews
It came exactly as described and I have no issues with it. It stores quite a bit of stuff and it is easy to organize your stuff within it. I would avoid large bottles though, because they make it too bulky. It can be a little cumbersome to close it when it is full of stuff, but it stays closed and it doesn't affect how well it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never travel without it, June 24, 2010
I love how compact it becomes in a suitcase, it even fits everything I usuall take with me on a trip I am very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits a lot, April 28, 2014
Fits a ton of stuff, the mesh pocket on top is really accommodating to odd size stuff, such as my bar soap container. I liked that it could hang up and did not sit on a counter. The elastic to hold bottles in the 3rd level down are a bit wide and my smaller shampoo bottles would like to slip down, but not much of a big deal. If there is a lot of stuff crammed in it, when it is fully zipped up it is very wide and bulky and difficult to fit in a suitcase without taking up a lot of room. But I think that was my fault for how much I had crammed in there, and I had a small carry on size suitcase that was crammed full of clothes for a 2 week trip. But I was able to get around that by not fully clipping/rolling it up and just set out flat across the rest of my stuff in my suitcase. It worked great for my needs and I'm glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased to organize electronics while traveling, May 16, 2014
I didn't purchase this to use for toiletries. I purchased this to keep track of all my and my three children's electronic gear while traveling. We'll be on 13 different planes this summer, and I absolutely cannot lose track of these items. I needed something that kept the items compartmentalized so I would easily know if something was missing. The top compartment (mesh and zippered) will hold an external battery charger and a bullet speaker. The middle compartment (clear plastic and zippered) will hold all cords, chargers, and power adapters. The bottom compartment (NOT see through but also zippered) will hold ear buds/headphones and airline adapters. Having a case like this will simplify TSA screening because everything will be in one case (or 2) and it is all zippered so nothing will fall out or get lost. It will also help on the plane itself because you can simply pull out the case (or 2) and everything needed is right there. No random stuffing into to backpack or purse or ziplock baggie, which is what I've done in the past. But things get lost or forgotten and when you want to use it again, of course it has fallen to the bottom of the bag or gotten hopelessly tangled in some other item. This case will prevent all that. We've also had issues where devices and headphones have been left in the seat back. Pulling out this case and giving it a quick scan will make it much easier to identify if something is missing, BEFORE you get off the plane!

There are three main compartments and a zippered mesh flap on the inside of the 3rd. The compartments are on the smaller side. I cannot get my iPad into this case. My Kindle paperwhite is also a tight fit in the 2nd and 3rd compartments but it fits fine in the top. A Nintendo DS or two would fit in those though. The one thing I really don't like is that there isn't a carrying handle when the case is buckled shut.

The case itself is very sturdy and well made. I am pleased I purchased this item.

Lewis N. Clark 1592 Hanging Toiletry Kit