Fastest card I have, super compatible, works even with adapters, see tests

Published 10 months ago by Chris Zee Shutterbug

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as fast as i hoped.
The micro SD works fine, and personally i would have loved to used 128gb on my HTC One M8, but performance isn't on par with the 64GB model. Personally i don't care about the read speeds as much, and the 70-80mb/s is more than enough for my use, but the write speeds are extremely slow, 20-25 mb/s, simply unacceptable for such a high cost micro sd card.

Its like...
Published 3 months ago by Kuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Fastest card I have, super compatible, works even with adapters, see photos, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Lexar High-Performance MicroSDHC 633x 32GB UHS-I/U3 Flash Memory Card LSDMI32GBBNL633R (Personal Computers)
Fastest card I have, super compatible, works even with adapters, see tests

PERFORMANCE: This 633X card is rated at 95MB/sec read speed, class 10. And it pretty much delivers on that promise, Using CrystalDiskMark 3 and the supplied USB3 adapter I measured 85 MB/sec. Lexar does admit that "write speeds will be lower", and indeed they were at 41 MB/sec. For comparison a Sandisk Ultra class 10 card I have SanDisk Ultra 16 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-016G-AFFP-A) tested 44MB read and 11MB write in that same USB3 adapter. The Lexar was about twice as fast as Sandisk Ultra. Note that both cards drop dramatically in speed when used in a USB2 adapter. When used in a USB2 reader they were both very similar at 10MB/sec write and 17MB/sec read speeds. So it may be device that you will be using it in that will be the limiting factor rather than the brand of card. Certainly once you record a huge video file on this card, I would use the supplied USB3 adapter to transfer it to the computer, as you may save over three minutes in download time alone.

COMPATIBILITY: I used the card in a GoPro 3+ Silver at 1080p 60 fps without any glitches or problems. No errors, no freeze ups. Since I also had a SD card adapter I inserted the Lexar into it, and the whole setup went inside a Fuji XP camera. (see photo) I was not sure it would work, but it did just fine. So with this one micro SDHC card, you can use it in phones, video devices and older cameras that use full size SD cards as well.

BONUS: The supplied micro SD USB3 reader works perfectly with other micro cards such as the Sandisk Ultra class 10 card, more than doubling its read to computer speed, and also with an older Kingston class 4 micro SDHC card, also increasing its read to computer speed by 50%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Card for Go Pro Black +, May 30, 2014
Albert Oh (Washington, DC, US) - See all my reviews
Did some research and narrowed my card search to the lexar. I took a gamble and ordered 2 sets. Upon receiving I did some validation tests by first formatting the card, and then zeroing it. I then used F3 for mac osx to benchmark the read/write speeds and to verify the capacity of the card.

Using a macbook pro w/ the included usb 3.0 adapter my results were:

write avg: 38.00 MB/s

read: 63.95 MB/s
data capacity: 29.81 GB
zero corruptions

Conclusion... good value, solid performance, reliability remains to be seen. Will update if any issues arise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Record speed, April 17, 2014
Face it, a lot of those companies out there promise they have what you need, only to find, you've now bought a expensive paper weight. I have two GO-PROs 3+ and I'm heading to Europe on vacation. when I looked at shrinking my packing list, it was a no-brainer to look for large storage so not to carry big heavy laptops for downloading. But, when I looked at the read/write speeds of those new 120 gig Micro disks, they transfer speeds left me worried. I need a minimum of 30 MB/s to record on a GO-PRO. So.. seeing none of the new larger disks could offer the speed needed to record on my GO-PROs. I took the safer route and bought the Lexar 64GB w/ transfer speeds multiple times faster than that what my GO-PROs require and a lot faster than the speeds offered by those large 128 disks. And, if your looking at taking advantage of the new 4K recording capabilities of the GO-PRO. you'll need a really fast transfer speed. So.. why buy this disk... it's simple math.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as fast as i hoped., November 15, 2014
Kuk (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews

Its like their using the huge success Lexar has having with their 633x series, to push sales for their new 128gb model, which is to me mediocre at its best. Given that there aren't any high end 128gb cards, ill stick with 64gb models for some time, until something is really worth the money.

One other thing worth mentioning is that it get extremely hot, it doesn't burn, but its uncomfortable to touch if you hold it for some time. It never had issues with it getting unrecognized or unmounted due to heat, and i even reformatted ExFat, and no issues with the temperature, still to hot for my liking.

I'm still rating it 2 stars, because it came well packed, the USB3 adapter is pretty good, and the card works fine, just its very slow on writing. Personally im returning the card, as its not worth the $119.99 that its usually sold, but if you are fine with 20 mg/s write speed go for it, its sweet to have so much storage for a camera or cel phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by GoPro and USB 3.0, June 3, 2014
Works great with Hero 3+ . USB 3.0 adapter is sweet. Make sure you have a USB 3.0 port on your motherboard. Or a USB 3.0 port on your computer case that has USB 3.0 cable to your motherboards USB 3.0 port. No bottlenecks!

I got a Amazon basic USB 3.0 extension cable to go with it. Im happy with my transfer speeds and the performance of this card.

Remember to leave contact information in the form of a .txt file on your memory card in case it is lost so someone can return it to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Works great with my GoPro. I just wish I got the 64GB size., May 2, 2014
S. Power (Austin, Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This card and adapter are both super fast and well made. I've been using it with my GoPro and it is very fast. I can move the huge HD video files off in practically no time when this is plugged into my USB 3.0 port. I highly recommend this card and adapter combination, but suggest that you get one bigger than the 32GB size I went with. I wish I'd gotten the 64GB instead, because with HD or 4K video the card fills up very fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Memory Card, May 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this 32GB microSD card from Lexar to add additional memory to my Samsung Galaxy S5. My GS5 had no problem recognizing the card, and it showed just over 30GB of actual available storage. I now have plenty of space available for music, pictures, and the occasional video. The USB 3.0 reader is a nice option, but it is not one that I will use regularly if ever. I've never removed a microSD card from my phone once I installed it. Also, I’ve also included benchmark results from the A1 SD Bench app available on Google Play.

A1 SD Bench Results

W: 1.0 MB/s

Accurate -
R: 33.96 MB/s
W: 25.46 MB/s

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are on the fence about buying it, get it., December 18, 2014
Semi pricey, but this vs the 16gb one I had in my phone previously is like upgrading a computer from 2008. It's fast enough to write 4k video from my Note 4, and has a ton of room. It's worth the buy. PLUS you get the 3.0 USB dongle with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 90MB/s of awesomeness, both read and write, July 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Courtesy of the Amazon Vine program, I have received a “Lexar High-Performance microSDHC 633x 32GB UHS-I Flash Memory Card LSDMI32GBBNL633R” for review. In the package is a 32GB Class 10 microSD card and a cute USB adaptor.

As with all storage devices these days, the performance stated by the vendor is just an estimate and for some devices there can be different read and write times. To figure this out, I have done a small test using 4 ISO files totaling 2841 MB in size.

Here are the read and write timings as measured on my Retina 13” Late 2013 MacBook Pro, which features USB3 and PCI-e SSD. Note that *each* is performed right after a cold boot to minimize cache effect:

Read from Lexar, as in `time cat * > /dev/null`:
real 0m31.731s
user 0m9.813s
sys 0m1.247s
(This is about 89.6MB/s.)

Write to Lexar, as in `cp * /Volume/NO\ NAME/`:
real 0m31.537s
user 0m0.010s
sys 0m0.678s
(This is about 90.2MB/s.)

As you can see, the read and write performance is very close to Lexar's spec of 95MB/s. Based on this performance, I am giving this a 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars No Phone crashes and video is good, December 19, 2014
First card I found that doesn't crash my phone AND takes video without jumping. Before I had to record directly to the phone, but this one allows me to record to the memory card. Also, with my Lumia phone, I don't get SD card errors like I did with other cards.