5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing story about my Lexar 4gb Firefly
I had this Firefly for a year and last June I lost it. Today, April 5th, my son found it in the dirt by a bush I had been replanting. We live in Wisconsin and this Lexar had been sitting in heat, humidity, snow, frost, rain, you name it. I plugged it in today and whoa! All my files were sill there, still accessible. I am never buying another brand again. Awesome product!
Published on April 5, 2010 by Ispahana

3.0 out of 5 stars It works...
It works, but very slowly. It takes around 4 minutes to write 1GB to this, compared to around 1 minutes even for a 5400 RPM usb drive. It's almost painful to watch. The read speeds haven't been a problem yet, but if you're in a rush to copy stuff to this... don't say I didn't warn you.

As for this not being 16GB, that's because they use base 10 math for...
Published on December 5, 2010 by Sir Loyne

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing story about my Lexar 4gb Firefly, April 5, 2010
Ispahana (Cleveland, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lexar JumpDrive FireFly 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive LJDFF4GBASBNA (White) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for xbox 360 as a storage device, April 6, 2010
The Xbox 360 just updated the OS to be able to use third party memory cards. I purchased the Lexar FireFly 16GB usb memory drive and am happy to report that it "meets Xbox 360 performance recommendations".

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little (on the outside) flash drive, October 26, 2010
The lexar jumpdrive firefly 16GB is a great little drive. it feels solidly built and the included protective cover is easy enough to remove but won't fall off unexpectedly. The cover fits solidly on the back of the device when using it so that you wont lose it. There's enough friction to make it feel like it will last quite a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cap design for a specific use, November 30, 2010
This flash drive has a rare design: the attachment loop is on the cap, not on the body of the drive. It's a stout cap.

At first this seems dumb, but here's how to make great use of the design, if you always keep the drive with you (in your backpack, suitcase etc.):

Attach the cap with a cord, keyring, etc to the inside of your backpack. Doesn't need to be detachable.
When you use the drive, just pull it out of the cap and plug it into the computer. The cap stays behind, and doesn't get lost. When done, plug the drive back into the cap in your pack.
You never lose the cap, you never have to fish for the drive in the bottom of your pack, and you don't need to set up some sort of detachable cord on your pack.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works..., December 5, 2010

As for this not being 16GB, that's because they use base 10 math for storage. There's really 1024MB per GB, not 1000. Whenever you want to buy something like this, multiply what they're selling you (ex. 16GB) by .9317 and see what you're really getting. In this case it's only 14.9072GB.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great portable storage., September 26, 2010
Used this to transfer over data from one Xbox to another, worked great for that. Now use it to boot Ubuntu Linux.

I can't comment on highly detailed speed throughput, but I have no complaints on that front, either.

Good size also. Not the smallest I've seen, but it is quite small, and seems to be made very well. I expect this to last quite a while.

THE CAP SNAPS ON TO THE OTHER SIDE WHILE IN USE! Hallelujah! I can't STAND it when companies make these with snap off caps that don't attach while in use. They get lost immediately. This one is actually made to snap on to the butt end. Thank you Lexar!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Slow Write Speed, July 16, 2011
Lexar JumpDrive FireFly 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive LJDFF8GBASBNA (Charcoal)

The drive is ok. Read speeds are very fast (for a USB2 drive). And it has a LED that flashes when there is an I/O activity. However the write speeds are awfuly slow. I own more than 5 USB flash drives and I think this one has the slowest write speed among the all (compared to Kingston Data Traveller 8GB etc).

It comes with FAt32 file system. If you are a windows user, go ahead and format it with NTFS to get some additional speed. Create a 100MB file and copy it to the drive and you will notice the slow write speed right away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proven track record, January 30, 2010
R. Bower (Salt Lake City) - See all my reviews
I have carried a Lexar firefly on my keychain for over two years without a hitch. I like reliable storage. And, unlike most other flash drives, Lexar puts the keychain link on the cap so the drive in use is not dragging your keys around. What a concept!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Slow, February 17, 2011
Kevin Platt (New Castle, DE) - See all my reviews
Compared to other drives this is incredibly slow. I formatted the drive with NTFS as I always do and benchmarks are showing the drive is running about 35-45% slower than some of my others. I'll stick with Patriot in the future as write speed is very important for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in this drive, January 12, 2011
I made the mistake of buying two of these. Besides the write speed being incredibly slow, they are very fragile and both broke to pieces in my pocket and had to be glued back together. Also the tail light is too bright, if you plan on using it in your car stereo, PS3 or other device it can be very distracting. I now use a PNY Micro Swivel Attaché, it does everything right that the Firefly got wrong.