5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and functional, excellent design
I've been looking for an ideal usb drive for quite some time, which means it should not have a cover that can fall off and with a good read/write speed. My previous favorite was the Lexar JumpDrive Swivel series which were built much better but are no longer made!

Published on January 27, 2010 by Leo Franklin

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice format, but lousy performance.
Published on January 9, 2011 by Toonfan

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice format, but lousy performance., January 9, 2011
Toonfan (Golden State) - See all my reviews
If all you do is move small files back and forth from a flash drive then this Lexar model would be acceptable. However, if you're moving movie or large volumes of music files, then this drive is not worth buying. Using the ChkFlsh utility, this Lexar 16GB TwistTurn flash drive has a write speed of 4.41 MB/s and read speed of 16.97 MB/s. This compares very badly with my OCZ 16GB flash drive with write and read speeds of 14.83 MB/s and 28.96 MB/s, respectively. To verify these speeds I copied a 1.4GB movie from my hard disk to each drive. The Lexar took 5.5 mins while the OCZ took 1.5 mins. That's a big difference! I like the twisty nature of the case, but the poor performance makes this drive unacceptable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and functional, excellent design, January 27, 2010

This drive is fast, has an all-in-one design (the casing itself fits onto your keyring), works with my Mac (OS X Snow Leopard) and looks great as well. In addition, the casing seems durable and weighs less than most plastic flash drives - you barely feel it on a keychain or in your pocket.

If you're looking for a simple and functional USB flash drive, this will serve your purpose.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very slow and unreliable, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Lexar JumpDrive TwistTurn 64GB USB Flash Drive LJDTT64GASBNA (Black) (Personal Computers)
For a high capacity drive of 64GB, you would ideally buy for transferring or backing up large quantity of data. And that requires reasonably good write speed. The write speed is very slow 3-4 MB/s which is unacceptable. What they have done is used slow speed technology and just increased the capacity not thinking of usability since large data requires more speed. Plus this drive failed to read on one of the computers I used.

Note that write speeds matter and establish the baseline since read speeds for flash drives are faster.

You are better of buying the Corsair 32 GB USB 3.0 Flash Voyager which even on USB 2.0 computer gave me ~30MB/s write speed. There is no 64GB capacity available (yet) but at least its usable. Its even more worthwhile since the higher speed/higher priced GT version of the Corsair USB 3.0 has just slightly increased write speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storage, December 28, 2009
I've used Lexar storage products for years and always been satisfied. That's why I bought this one. It's intuitive with virtually no set-up, holds lots of data, and is rock-solid reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 3, 2010
Just received mine. It's a no-frills 64GB which is what I wanted. It came with absolutely NOTHING loaded on it, formatted Fat32, a tiny instruction manual about formatting it differently, my Vista recognized it fast, can fit just about any angle with its jacknife design, solid loop to connect a string to, dim light indicator so not to grab your attention everytime it lights up. Big enough for me to transport big Acronis or Ghost Images from one place to another without having to carry around AC cords and all with external drives. Just all around 5 stars.

Cons:
1. Probably won't survive a washing machine wash because it doesn't have a cap. But hey, be smart, keep it on your key chain, in your purse, or somewhere you won't wash it accidentally.
2. Price. I found mine for $127 at TigerDirect but looks like the price shot up $50 now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Key chain USB. Replacement for failed Sandisk, September 21, 2009
Alex S. (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I owned Sandisk keychain USB for years. Got a replacement new Sandisk USB - the keychain attachment broke after a week Sandisk would not replace the 10 cent keyring - cannot find small like that anywhere else.

So I bought Lexar JumpDrive. Great product. Durable, attaches to key ring--easy to carry around. It travels everywhere I go. It's a new product - I was hesitant to buy it online but I am glad I did.

Best design ever. If you like to have your USB everywhere you go, you'll be happy with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great...until it died 3 months later, January 6, 2011
Amanda H. Smith (Suburban Atlanta, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
When I first got this drive, I was extremely happy with it. It was a great place to store my grad school work so I could access it from both my Mac desktop and my PC netbook. Speed was adequate for everyday use.

...but a scant three months later, when it was plugged in but not in use, my PC started complaining that it was a USB 2.0 device in a non-USB 2.0 port (not true). So I tried both other ports...no success, same complaint, but now periodically flashing on and off the screen. Stranger still, it then started connecting and disconnecting rapidly and was completely unusable. I barely managed to save my files before it crashed completely. In its final moments, it would light up and start working for a few seconds if I pushed it a certain way, but it would then die again. I tried it on four computers before giving up: it's dead.

The fact that it started up again upon being pushed suggested to my boyfriend (a computer engineer) that a weak soldering joint might be to blame. Since it was dead at this point anyway, I let him open it up, but the solders were intact. Something else in the drive simply stopped working without provocation, after less than three months of use.

I used the drive under completely normal conditions, so I'm not sure what caused it to fail. Looking through the reviews, it seems I'm not the only one with this experience, though we are in the minority. When I asked my friends what kind I should get to replace it, not telling them what kind I'd had before, they said, "Get a Lexar!" So there you go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great USB Flash Drive as a travel companion, December 8, 2009
I bought this USB flash drive on sale around Black Friday and what a deal it was. It's definitely worth even paying full price for. My computer recognized the drive immediately after I connected it, there are no unnecessary programs installed on it, and the whole twist-turn design is fantastic. It protects the drive when you're not using it, without really adding much room. It is very well constructed; doesn't feel cheaply made. You can also attach this drive to your key chain and bring it wherever you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great with Ford Sync!, May 17, 2010
I needed a simple/quick way to get my MP3 collection (which had long since outgrown my old 16GB flash drive) into the Sync system in my Ford Flex. BTW, Sync is an way-cool system, and the Flex is an very nice vehicle... but that's for another review.)

I first bought a Sandisk 32GB Cruzer... big mistake! I spent several hours removing U3, formatting, adding files, removing files, re-formatting, adding files again, resetting Sync to Factory defaults, updating Sync software, etc., until I finally gave up all hope of the 32GB Sandisk flash drive ever working, and I returned it, quite disappointed.

I decided to take a chance and try again with the Lexar 32GB Jumpdrive. Hooray, it just works! No messing around with removing software that I don't want or need, no re-formatting, nothing that I needed to do with Sync. I just copied my 32GB of MP3's onto the Lexar drive (writes were pretty fast; certainly faster than the Sandisk was), plugged it into the Sync USB port, and it works great!

I like devices that just work like they are supposed to, without making me do a lot of extra work myself!

Update: I have been using my 32GB Cruzer almost daily as an MP3 drive in a series of three different vehicles over period of 1-1/2 years, through hot summers and bitter cold winters, and it is still working like new! I have been very satisfied with this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unreliable, March 8, 2011
This thumbdrive worked fine in the first couple weeks, then it became more and more unstable - sometimes it stops working suddenly, showing an error messge "device not recognized". I've tried a few computers and I'm sure this is not the problem of the computers. Other thumbdrives work well on those computers. Maybe I got a defect product?