Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lexar High-Speed MicroSDHC 32GB Flash Memory Card with Reader LSDMI32GBSBNAR
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 27, 2011
I purchased two of these cards. One for both my wife and I. Both cards used in Epic 4G phones and various computers. After 2 months both cards occasionally would come up "damaged" in android. Reformat. Rinse repeat every week. Now after 3 months one is completely dead. Cannot use the card on any device. Calling manufacturer for warranty. Both cards do not work at class 10 speeds. I will not be buying lexar equipment again.
1212 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2011
Bought it on May 9th, 2011 - it caved in and completely failed by Aug. 24th, 2011; while sitting quietly in my Phone during a typical over night charging session. Noticed shortly after I woke the next day that many of my icons, pertaining to any programs stored directly on the SD Card itself were missing!

Quickly attempted to search the card for my Picture archive of family photos, etc., and any stored music, NOTHING! Took the card out and used it in the included reader on my laptop, NOTHING! Then quickly resorted to downloading countless, SD Card specific, "Photo & Data Recovery Programs", in an effort to salvage something, ANYTHING off the card, NOTHING!

After 48 hours of depressing efforts to revive and/or restore any portion of the Data, I finally attempted to at least reformat the card in order to attempt to utilize it again on some level, NOTHING! Can't read, can't reformat - CRASHED! ...in under 4 months! Com'on! I've used other SD memory cards for years! This is a real loss and a real shame! :-(

Great card while it lasted... Horrible card once it crashes!!!!! :-(
I'm will certainly now proceed to exercising the 1 Year manufactures warranty? Not sure yet where to send the card or how to get reimbursed directly from Lexar; however, now that I'm over the initial shock and misery of accepting the 4 months of photos and memories recorded with my phone which were lost, I will move on to getting reimbursed for the cash cost of the failed product itself.
on February 21, 2011
I bought this card for both the large amount of space, and the fast speeds of a class 10 after seeing a benchmark of a class 10 card in an HTC EVO 4G. After putting the card in my phone and running the benchmark, I am actually getting slightly lower speeds than my transcend 16gb class 6 card. It was hitting about 11 MB/s write speed and 15 MB/s read speed. This class 10 is getting lower results, with my most recent being 9 MB/s write speed and 13 MB/s read speed. It's definitely fast when transferring files to and from a computer, so maybe there are some more tweaks that can be made to the Android OS or the way the card is formatted to gain better speeds. The benchmark I saw online of a class 10 card showed speeds at 20mb/s.
55 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2011
I just got the chip few days ago to upate my Android phone's memory. The Class 10 chip is fast. If I had to re-transfer files again from my Android phone, I would format the card to delete all the resident files that Lexar included and image copy of the old memory chip. It has bunch of files and "Auto-run software" which messed up my files. The media transfer software does not transfer everything over. I had to re-download some of the apps that were on the memory card.

Update:
After 2 weeks of use, this chip had failed. I have to down rate the rating from 4 to 2. I got this for Motorola Droid 2 Global. Early this week, the chip failed me with a disk error message. I managed to save the data with "scandisk" to fix the error. It went down hill since then. I backed up my data and formatted the chip through the phone. Restored the data. Since then my phone keep freezing up. The screen went black and won't come back on after creen timeout. I had to pull battery out few time to reboot over and over again. I swapped my old 16G chip back it turned normal. After few test, I concluded the chip is bad and not as durable for cell phone memory. A big waste of money. I should have gone to Patriot chip instead. Trying to save few bucks and ended up with all these problems.

I usually don't make too much negative comment but I have to be honest about my experience with this product. You can be the judge.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2011
I bought this the day it was announced. I received it today. This class ten cards meets the 10MB minimum write speed and it is amazing that it actually is 32GBs. Im using this in my Samsung Focus. It is working just fine. I dont have any stutter, slowdowns, errors, or wait times. I am really please by how good it preforms. My phone seems to like it better than the class 4 8GB I had. All have to say for the price of the card and what you get out of it is amazing. I thought that this would be a bad gamble and i would have to return the card for being a fake. But as much stuff i put on the card it does meet the 32GB memory.

The is the best card i bought so far since it is the top of the MicroSD card Value and tech. I Highly recommend people getting one.
88 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2011
It was taking me forever to transfer movie files to my EVO with my old class 4 card. With this card it takes about a minute to transfer a 500 mb avi file to my phone. This is seriously awesome especially when you're in a rush in the morning to catch the train. Great product and so worth the price.
on September 18, 2011
The 32GB microSD died in three months. This was what I was afraid of. The technology of making 32GB flash memory is lower yeild rate. When you're lucky, you get the stable and long-last memory. But, if you're not lucky, the memory will not last long. Check all the 32GB micorSD products. All of them have bad reviews which failed to work or died soon. Or, the product became out of stock soon, because of the problem of manufacturing with good yeild ratio. Again, if you're lucky, you can get a decent one. You have to try to take a chance with $50-80. Please keep in mind that you cannot return or replace this after 30 days.
on May 12, 2011
After some experiments I figured out how to make this card running stable on Android phones, I own a Nexus One, and have noticed that the card does not go well with some under-volted kernels (CM kernels work fine with it, there are many kernels which undervolt much more and make this card unstable to use). Also it's very important to format the FAT32 partition using 64KB file allocation unit size, 32KB or 16KB will cause serious stability problems.

This is my partition layout:
1 GB Ext2 (for App2Ext)
0 Swap
Rest = FAT32 (64KB File allocation unit size)

I have noticed no battery consumption difference between this one and my previous 16GB microSD.

After the correct partition configuration, the card runs stable and fast. Good!

I've written down my experience with this card on my Nexus One in this XDA post:
[...]
on September 5, 2011
Ugh... I bought this at the end of May and it's dead just over 3 months later. I bought this card for my HTC Inspire 4G. I was initially very happy with it. Fast, lots of room. What wasn't to like? Then about a week ago my phone randomly reported that the SD card was damaged. After much fussing and using all kinds of data recovery tools I finally gave up and re-formatted since the super-block was all that appeared to be damaged. Initially, this seemed to take care of things, but my phone was acting up all through the weekend. It finally reported that the SD card was not formatted. When I tried using the phone to re-format it, the phone reports that the SD card is in an unknown state. My computer won't even recognize that it's plugged in.

I put the 8 Gig Sandisk card that the phone came with back in and it appears to be working normal, but I just lost all the pictures I took over labor day weekend (after losing the first 3 months worth of Data last week, I should have known better). I highly recommend against this product. I baby my electronics. This is just a poor quality product. When I pay this much for something, I don't expect it to fail this quickly.

Hopefully Lexar's Warranty/RMA process is better than their quality control.
on June 22, 2011
Right out of the box I formated this dirve with FAT32 and allocation size 32. Next I tested the sustained write speeds using the card reader included with the device on a USB 2.0 port on my desktop computer. The write speeds are not even sustained at 5MB/second. Burst speeds were just over 6MB per second. My understanding was that this card was supposed to have minimum sustained transfer of 10MB/second even with a fragmented file system. In practice this card doesn't even get half of that even in a newly formated state. This seems like its not even a true class 6 card let alone class 10. So the real question is why did we pay a 50% premium to other cards and get half the promised performance? I strongly recommend AVOIDING this card. I will be returning mine.