4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectionists need not attempt!
Published 16 months ago by J. P. Conley

2.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to install properly and way too expensive
First let me state that I have installed nearly a dozen film screen protectors of various sizes so I am not a beginner. This is however the largest protector I have tried. After spending over an hour trying and retrying I eventually just threw it away. I lost my $35 investment. This is the most frustrating product I have ever purchased.
Published 15 months ago by Bill F

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectionists need not attempt!, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Lexerd - Lenovo IdeaPad yoga 13 TrueVue Anti-Glare Laptop Screen Protector (Electronics)
OK. First thing, accept that this WON'T go on perfectly! I've never been able to get even a smartphone protector on perfectly. I am a perfectionist so it does bug me, but I just have to remind myself that a few bubbles or specks of dust are better than a scratched screen. Having said that, I will voice my one real frustration with this - after all the time I spent smoothing it out, as soon as I started to pull the 2nd protective layer off the protector lifted away from the screen! However, this is par for the course. Sigh.

I do have some tips:

1 - take your time cleaning! The longer you spend at that the better it'll be in the end.
2 - wear latex or similar gloves! This is the 1st time I thought to do that and I'm very pleased with the result. Every time before I'd end up touching the sticky side, just a bit, and end up with oil from my finger on it. It's a little harder to manipulate the screen wearing the gloves but it's well worth it; no smudges.
3 - Set your Yoga up so the screen is almost vertical to get the screen on initially, then lay it flat so you can use a little more force as you scrape the bubbles out.
4 - Take your time again scraping the bubbles out. Remember that you'll have to do some more of that after peeling the 2nd protective layer off. Grrrrr!
5 - Accept the few remaining bubbles. I've got about 3 1/8" bubbles and 8-10 that I can barely see. That however is with the computer off. Once it's on the only ones I can see are the few on the bezel. The rest are hidden by the screen's brightness.

In the end, this is as good a protector as any. I don't notice any degradation of the screen's sensitivity, and the protector is as easy to clean as the screen itself was. Actually, it's a little easier since I can use a little bit of a cleaning liquid with worrying about damaging the screen.

I highly recommend this screen - these Yogas are expensive and I want it to last. Remember, bubbles are better than scratches!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes my Lenovo Yoga 13 Fantastic, from great., May 21, 2013
I purchased this for my Lenovo Yoga 13. I love the laptop, but like most screens these days, the manufacturers decide for us that a glossy screen is what we want. Negative! I was hesitant, but went for it. I recommend everyone gets this for their screens. Putting this on my touch screen Yoga has made the system perfect. I was suffering from glare in certain locations. This removes all the glare and keeps the crispness of the graphics as well as the touch interface. It has made my laptop so much better and more enjoyable to use. The other benefit is the accumulation of fingerprints is practically unnoticeable. Presentation wise this is huge. Visual comfort wise, huge. Improvement over glossy screen, huge.

And now, four months later, and another Lexerd screen, I still love this addition to my Yoga. I would purchase this for any screen, especially touch screens. Even my mobile... Why did I get another? A small metal box managed to fall on the screen when laid flat and put a gouge in the Lexerd screen protector. Was my screen ruined? Not a scratch. The screen protector actually worked! Without it, definitely would have taken a gouge out of my pixels and caused irreparable damage, minus a new screen. Yoga defense system (Lexerd), 1. Dastardly metal box, 0.

2.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to install properly and way too expensive, March 24, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH THIS PRODUCT!, May 15, 2013
I read J. P. Conley's review and I recommend reading his instructions prior to using this product. The product itself is fantastic and I couldn't be happier. Take your time cleaning using the included microfiber cloth, get yourself a credit card to smooth out bubbles, and use the enclosed "finger condoms" to prevent fingerprints as much as possible. I used compressed air and sprayed off as much dust as possible. I have exactly 5 bubbles where specks of dust snuck in while I was putting the screen protector on - but the bubbles are all the way on the edge of the screen bezel (not even on the screen itself). I highly recommend this product, it greatly reduces glare and makes my screen much easier to see.

Just be aware that if you do this right, it will take about 30 mins of your time. Maybe if you get someone to help you it will be easier, but I didn't want to be able to blame anyone other than me if I put it on wrong! I am very pleased with the product, and I would buy again if I had to.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent seller, material, and product, application is nearly impossiible., February 25, 2013
The material is absolutely wonderful. I can't tell a difference in clarity on my screen in the least bit. It's a wonderful product.

HOWEVER...

Installation is nearly impossible if you're a perfectionist. It looks like Lexerd makes screen protectors for many different products, and while it may be MUCH easier on something like a phone, or a PSP/PS VITA, it's a thousand times more difficult with something as large as this. An extra set of hands would be nice, but I applied this by myself (probably a huge mistake). I do like the fact that they provide finger protectors for the application though.

It was very difficult to apply without having something work its way underneath to cause an air bubble. I had to pull it back up at least 10 times and used my pocket knife to remove debris from different areas, but after all the trouble, it's a REALLY great product.

One of the reasons it's getting 3 stars, is because I feel that it's a bit on the expensive side (unless you can put it on without any issues). Even though it's a top quality product, I feel that it would be nice to maybe have 2 or 3 come in a package for the price. That's just my opinion.

I really can't compare this with any other products, just for the simple fact that I've never used any other products for my Yoga. Comparing it to other screen protectors for other devices, this is definitely the highest quality protector that I've seen. The seller was super fast on shipping too.

Bottom line, if you feel confident you can put it on without issues, then it's definitely a wonderful product worth the price. If you do purchase it, be aware of the level of difficulty that comes along with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother..., February 9, 2013
This is quite possibly the most frustrating product I've ever purchased.

While it may work, it is next to impossible to put on correctly. I've been through 3 of the protectors and haven't managed to get any of them aligned correctly.

The first managed to get 5 or 6 specs of dust underneath on the 6th or 7th reapply attempt. The pair I just got managed to fold up underneath and have the screen side stick to itself.

The problem? The film is too thin. I got the Lenovo brand protector first, it is pretty thick, which allows you to curve the protector so you can line up a side and apply. This one is so thin it curls in on itself at the drop of a hat. I tried leaning the screen at a forward angle (15 or 20 degrees) so I could line up the top, but the bottom kept 'sucking in' due to static or whatever. I tried curling it away so I could line up a side, the 'sticky' side decided to be attracted to itself... and it won't come apart without kinking the film... did I mention it is very thin?

Last one was similar... tried to hold the bottom away while lining up the top edge, yoga propped up and angled in to the top (like a K), bottom actually curled up around my fingers and stuck to itself. Not happy... I've spent $85 on this product with nothing to show for it.

I may go back to a Lenovo branded protector... I wanted an anti-glare screen, but this just isn't worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars works, February 10, 2014
its ok, very painful to install, can't keep from getting some link under it which causes bubbles. Looks fine when screen is on, looks shabby when screen is off due to bubbles

3.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to install but otherwise good product, October 24, 2013
If you accept that it will not be perfect it is a fine screen protector. However your screen will not be as nice with the screen protector as without it. The good thing is that it makes the screen anti glare and that you dont leave fingerprints on the screen. Also it protects the screen which is nice. But you will have bubbles and dust behind it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Distorts the sharpness, October 9, 2013
The opaqueness of this screen protector distorted the sharpness of my screen. Reading text on white background with the screen protector on was hard on my eyes.

I have already removed it and am going without a protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, September 21, 2013
I received this screen protector the same day my laptop. Before I even turned on my laptop I applied the screen protector, I didn't want any finger prints or smudges to try and clean off. After reading all the reviews I was prepared for it to take me an hour or so. Lexerd supplies you with little finger rubbers which worked great. I had it on in 5 mintues, scrapped the bubbles out in about another 5 minutes and done. Looks great! Very happy with my purchased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›