4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced and easy to apply screen prorector
I purchased this screen protector for my Leica D-Lux 5.

Previously, I had purchased one of these protectors for my Canon SD 950 IS in 2007.

Published on March 18, 2011 by J. M. Fitzpatrick

2.0 out of 5 stars One false step and you've got problems
Published on April 12, 2012 by James O. Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced and easy to apply screen prorector, March 18, 2011
This review is from: Lexerd - Leica D-Lux 5 TrueVue Crystal Clear Digital Camera Screen Protector (Electronics)
I purchased this screen protector for my Leica D-Lux 5.

My experience with that was generally satisfactory- the screen had remained intact for about 3 years before deteriorating (it appears that the adhesive deteriorated, resulting in opaque patches on the screen). However, the deterioration did not appear to damage the screen on the camera.

With that experience, I was happy to buy the same brand of protector again.

It is reasonably easy to apply.

The screen is transparent, and does not appear to alter the image viewed through the screen.

The protector appears to be reasonably resistant to scratching in use.

I recommend this as a reasonably priced protection measure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive Protection for Your Investment, May 3, 2012
Lexerd's Leica D-Lux 5 TrueVue screen protector is the best invesment one can make for your camera. That lovely view screen is vulnerable to damage, even if you carry your camera in a case when not in use. Lexerd's screen protector is easy to apply; just follow the directions and make sure your screen is absolutely clean before applying the protector. The hard plastic squeegee provided works best if applied from the center out with gentle but firm pressure and the result is the assurance that the clear, sharp imagery provided by your Leica stays that way.

2.0 out of 5 stars One false step and you've got problems, April 12, 2012
If you don't apply this very carefully the first time, you may very well find it is smudged beyond fixing, with, in addition, air bubbles that ruin the look of the screen even while protecting it. On my first try, I did not align the saver as it should be so I had to remove it. By the time it was on correctly there was smudging and air bubbles. Finger protectors are included with the item, and you had better use them if you hope to avoid these problems. Although I firmly slid my finders across the protector as I was placing it on the screen, attempting to avoid air bubbles, I was unsuccessful. The look of the screen with the protector on was so bothersome that I decided not to use it. Obviously, from reading the more positive reviews, some folks seem to have avoided these problems. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protection for Leica D-lux 5, July 18, 2011
I have purchased this item to protect screen of my new D-Lux 5. I choose this item due to previous comments. My concklussions:
* It was very use to adjust to the screen. No problems at all.
* It does not affect to the vision of the photo, either the data in the screen, it seems that this layer is not on it.
* It really protects the screen when camera is out of the case protective.

Finally, I am very happy with this item. Recomendable item.