5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Printer
Published on August 20, 2012 by R. Hohlman

3.0 out of 5 stars Photos not what I expected
Although the footprint of the printer is rather large, it met my needs. I am a little disappointed in the quality of the photographs that I print because they all have what looks like scratches on the left hand third of the pictures. If I hadn't ordered the printer through the mail, I would have returned it.
Published 17 months ago by Thomas Snively

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Printer, August 20, 2012
R. Hohlman (Naperville, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lexmark OfficeEdge Pro4000C Color Photo Printer with Copier and Fax (Office Product)
I have had this printer now for a couple of weeks and it does absolutely everything that I need a printer to do while using it in my in-home office. It is connected via ethernet to five different computers and it worked first time with every one of the computers without a single problem. The only reason I make a big deal out of this is that compared to the major #@&%* software problems I had with my old HP L7590, the Lexmark printer is a dream come true. I really don't know if this printer is the best at printing, or scanning, or faxing, or copying, but for my money it's the best you can find because it works without any headaches! [We have had the printer now for over 4 months. It gets used for printing and copying nearly every day. After printing thousands of pages, I am only aware of it jamming once. I actually had to go online to find out how to open the printer to clear the paper jam. My wife and I still definitely rate the printer at five stars!]

5.0 out of 5 stars A great small office/home computer, the best I've ever owned, January 6, 2013
I'm very happy with the quality, functionality, speed, and per-page-costs of this printer Lexmark OfficeEdge Pro4000C Color Photo Printer with Copier and Fax. I learned about it from Consumer Reports which gave it a very high rating (just below a Canon all-in-one that costs about twice as much per page). The Lexmark OfficeEdgePro4000 does duplex printing very well (no paper jams so far) and can print from an iPad. It faxes and scans multiple pages well using the sheet feeder. The wifi also works well for multiple users from around a house or office.

It can be a little complicated to set up the wifi and faxing and scanning directly from your computer. I needed help from Lexmark with the set-up of these things but since then everything has been working fine. The main negative is tech support which can be very difficult to reach. However there is a solution-if you can't reach tech support in a timely way by telephone, email LxkListens at Lexmark.com and a Lexmark Customer Advocate should be able to assist you. I had fantastic help from a Lexmark Customer Advocate who scheduled phone appointments with me, answered all my questions, and solved my set-up problems.

This is a great small office/home computer, by far the best I have ever owned. It prints graphics well. However it is not designed to be a high quality photo printer. While it can print photos, you will be far better off with a dedicated photo printer. You could also buy a Canon all-in-one but you will be increasing your operating costs significantly.

My final suggestion is that you shop around, including checking the cost of buying direct from Lexmark. The price has fallen and risen substantially in the past two months. However the purchase price will be dwarfed in the long run by the total of your per page printing costs. This printer starts with extremely low costs per page and allows you to save more by printing in black and white, draft, and duplex modes. I doubt that you will be able to find another printer of this quality and functionality that will be nearly as affordable to operate.

3.0 out of 5 stars Photos not what I expected, May 3, 2013
Thomas Snively (Yorktown, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Ink Problem, January 23, 2014
I am so thoroughly disgusted with this printer. First off, something very important was left out out of the description and that is, if you run out of any one of the "color" ink cartridges and still have even half of the black ink cartridge, you cannot print copies. Also, I have gone through two "Cyan" ink cartridges and the other color cartridges are still 3/4 full. I was able to print approximately 120 copies before the cyan ink was empty, and I didn't even make any color copies. This is absolutely ridiculous! If these two problems weren't so great, I would give the printer at least four stars. I can deal with the first problem, but I am hoping that someone can help me with my main problem -- the "Cyan" ink cartridges.

2.0 out of 5 stars trouble connecting to wireless network, December 6, 2013
can't seem to get the wireless working on my non broadcast home wireless network - all other devices were reasonably simple to connect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 31, 2013
It was asy to install. Easy to print from computers, iPads, phones, etc. Fax was a breeze to figure out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, April 21, 2013
A little slow in coming out of hibernation, but overall an excellent printer. I like the large paper tray. It is a little on the large size.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Printer, Wireless Stinks, February 19, 2013
The printer is excellent, but can't get it hooked up to wireless. Spent 3 1/2 hours on the phone and was told at the end of the phone call I had to get a new router, even though mine was only a few months old. I have been wanting to switch to Comcast anyway, so I had them come to the house and install the Internet and router. Still no luck. I don't think anyone can hook up to the wireless ( I Googled it) which is a bummer because that is one of the reasons I bought the thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars great all in one machine, February 7, 2013
Easy set up, simple controls with quality printing, copying, fax and scanning. I would highly recommend this machine for home office use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Printer Review, November 30, 2012
We were unable to use and returned because we were unable to set up wireless using our wireless setup. It is rated well by other sources.