Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on August 20, 2012
I have had this printer now for a couple of weeks and it does absolutely everything that I need a printer to do while using it in my in-home office. It is connected via ethernet to five different computers and it worked first time with every one of the computers without a single problem. The only reason I make a big deal out of this is that compared to the major #@&%* software problems I had with my old HP L7590, the Lexmark printer is a dream come true. I really don't know if this printer is the best at printing, or scanning, or faxing, or copying, but for my money it's the best you can find because it works without any headaches! [We have had the printer now for over 4 months. It gets used for printing and copying nearly every day. After printing thousands of pages, I am only aware of it jamming once. I actually had to go online to find out how to open the printer to clear the paper jam. My wife and I still definitely rate the printer at five stars!]
on January 6, 2013
I'm very happy with the quality, functionality, speed, and per-page-costs of this printer Lexmark OfficeEdge Pro4000C Color Photo Printer with Copier and Fax. I learned about it from Consumer Reports which gave it a very high rating (just below a Canon all-in-one that costs about twice as much per page). The Lexmark OfficeEdgePro4000 does duplex printing very well (no paper jams so far) and can print from an iPad. It faxes and scans multiple pages well using the sheet feeder. The wifi also works well for multiple users from around a house or office.

It can be a little complicated to set up the wifi and faxing and scanning directly from your computer. I needed help from Lexmark with the set-up of these things but since then everything has been working fine. The main negative is tech support which can be very difficult to reach. However there is a solution-if you can't reach tech support in a timely way by telephone, email LxkListens at Lexmark.com and a Lexmark Customer Advocate should be able to assist you. I had fantastic help from a Lexmark Customer Advocate who scheduled phone appointments with me, answered all my questions, and solved my set-up problems.

This is a great small office/home computer, by far the best I have ever owned. It prints graphics well. However it is not designed to be a high quality photo printer. While it can print photos, you will be far better off with a dedicated photo printer. You could also buy a Canon all-in-one but you will be increasing your operating costs significantly.

My final suggestion is that you shop around, including checking the cost of buying direct from Lexmark. The price has fallen and risen substantially in the past two months. However the purchase price will be dwarfed in the long run by the total of your per page printing costs. This printer starts with extremely low costs per page and allows you to save more by printing in black and white, draft, and duplex modes. I doubt that you will be able to find another printer of this quality and functionality that will be nearly as affordable to operate.
on October 5, 2015
I have had this printer for 2 years and in that two years this printer has made decisions for me. For example, it will not print anything if one cartridge is empty. So I cannot print a black type only document if the cyan cartridge is empty. I cannot print black even if I switch ALL the settings on the computer and on the printer to black and white. I cannot fax or copy anything either. Therefore, I sit here with a piece of garbage printer that will not print until I buy one expensive color cartridge to print black. Unlike some printers, this printer has four cartridges that are not in synch, so I am constantly changing out one of them. And they are very expensive. within a year, you will pay more than the cost of the printer. Another example is when I want to print something, it goes through some kind of 5 minute whirring motion internally and then finally prints what I want. Another example is it will wake up in the middle of the night, turn itself on, go through some kind of whirring motion and then turn itself off. Nothing in the guide explains this behavior or why it won't just print black.The final example is it is offline a lot. It shows it is connected to the wifi but chooses to be offline.

In order to print a document that is needed today, I have to wait for the ink to come via Amazon three to six days from now because I found a rare bargain on ink. After the ink does come, and I print this most important document, this printer is going out in the back yard and can whir all it wants while I take a hammer to it.

Do yourself a big favor, find out first how much ink costs for a printer first thing when you research printer models. My company made me get this one. Next time, I will not get a Lexmark.
on January 14, 2015
I've had several $200+ printers for my business and I have NEVER had the problems i've had with this one. It is SLOW...it picks and chooses when it will accept generic ink cartridges AND, even if you change everything to have it only print in B&W, it WONT PRINT IF THE CYAN OR ANY OTHER CARTRIDGE IS EMPTY! Nope. Won't use the black ink to print your B&W letters/resumes etc.

Money grubbing ploy which I would still be okay with if it was fast, efficient, easy to work with and accepted generic ink cartridges.
on January 23, 2014
I am so thoroughly disgusted with this printer. First off, something very important was left out out of the description and that is, if you run out of any one of the "color" ink cartridges and still have even half of the black ink cartridge, you cannot print copies. Also, I have gone through two "Cyan" ink cartridges and the other color cartridges are still 3/4 full. I was able to print approximately 120 copies before the cyan ink was empty, and I didn't even make any color copies. This is absolutely ridiculous! If these two problems weren't so great, I would give the printer at least four stars. I can deal with the first problem, but I am hoping that someone can help me with my main problem -- the "Cyan" ink cartridges.
on May 3, 2013
Although the footprint of the printer is rather large, it met my needs. I am a little disappointed in the quality of the photographs that I print because they all have what looks like scratches on the left hand third of the pictures. If I hadn't ordered the printer through the mail, I would have returned it.
on February 19, 2013
The printer is excellent, but can't get it hooked up to wireless. Spent 3 1/2 hours on the phone and was told at the end of the phone call I had to get a new router, even though mine was only a few months old. I have been wanting to switch to Comcast anyway, so I had them come to the house and install the Internet and router. Still no luck. I don't think anyone can hook up to the wireless ( I Googled it) which is a bummer because that is one of the reasons I bought the thing.
on September 14, 2015
Look elsewhere. A nice printer with lots of features, but the ink replacement is ridiculous. I almost never use color, yet I end up spending $ on color ink every 2-3 months. Was told it just dries out in the cartridge whether you use it or not. Was also told aftermarket ink will not work. I'm sure you can find a better choice.
on April 11, 2016
I bought it because Consumer Reports rated it highly. It does print color well, but cartridges were expensive and now, because Lexmark went out of business, cartridges are unavailable.
on April 21, 2013
A little slow in coming out of hibernation, but overall an excellent printer. I like the large paper tray. It is a little on the large size.