Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Li-ion Battery for Apple A1185 Macbook 13" Series Ma254b/a Mb062x/a
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 11, 2012
Ok, yeah, so I think the other reviews have gone through most of the pros and cons, but I'll add my own commentary for this battery. I purchased it for my son's 2006 Macbook (white). He's 5 so not exactly a power user.

Pros:
1. You can buy 4-5 of them for the price of an actual Apple battery of the same type.
2. Battery Life seems to last as long as previously, around 3-4 hours of relatively heavy use (he likes Photobooth and uses the camera a lot)
3. Lights on the battery work correctly, interacts with OSX correctly to show amount of battery power remaining.

Cons:
1. Never seems to charge greater than 95%. Ok by me, the extra 10 minutes of time saved is outweighed by the lower cost.
2. Its not exactly the same color white. Its on the bottom of the laptop, who cares
3. Doesn't fit exactly. Again, its on the bottom, it doesn't fall out when it shouldn't, so who cares.

The pros outweigh the cons for my application. Considering the price point, you really do get what you pay for here and its a perfectly fine working battery with some nits.
22 comments|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2012
I've had my MacBook for about 4 years now and the battery finally stopped working (Laptop would only work if it was plugged into the charger). I realized it was the battery that was bad and after seeing that Apple charged over $100 for a new battery I immediately started looking elsewhere. I came across this with fairly low expectations since it was a third party battery that was only $20. I received the battery 4 days after I placed my order. It fit right into my MacBook and was immediately working. I haven't tested it too much for battery life but the indicator at the top says 4 hours, just as it did for my original battery.

Great buy for those looking for an inexpensive solution to a battery problem. If you're not sure what type of battery your MacBook has, take it out and the model number is listed on the battery. This battery is a substitute for the A1185 battery. The people said that it doesn't fit in their MacBooks probably ordered the wrong type.

Anyway, I'm very happy with my purchase and will definitely recommend this.
on October 3, 2013
Over 6 years I've been through 2 apple batteries - the original and a replacement which cost me over $80. Eventually they bulge and interfere with the mouse function and can, in worse case, explode. I would have gone without a replacement battery this time if it wasn't for the magnetic power cable which pops out way too easy. If there's no battery in the computer, obviously this kills the computer. I read the reviews for this product which were mixed, but it seemed that the biggest complaint was a battery life or 2 to 3 hours. To me this wasn't a valid complaint since no battery I've had for this 13-inch macbook purchased in 2007 has ever lasted longer than 3 hours. The battery delivered was obviously not an apple product (which it does NOT claim to be), all functions work and it has a life of 3 1/2 hours at best. For the price I believe that this is an excellent product.
on February 15, 2012
This is an excellent product !
At first my mac didn't recognize it, but now the battery is running perfectly. The Battery casing doesn't seal the same way as a factory one, but that is fine. I have 2006 Macbook and the Battery had over 1300 cycles on it. It was bad and kept causing my computer to shut down because of battery swell. I din't want to buy a MAC factory battery because of the expense. I replaced the battery with this super-Capacity Li-ion battery and that has ceased to be a issue. It was an excellent price and shipped in the exact time that was promised. I am glad to have bought from This Amazon Customer and would buy again as i have need and the proper product is available!!
The battery fit great, and for the first day it worked great. However, it started jumping from 3 hours remaining to 45 minutes remaining to 2 hours to 10 minutes while my computer was barely doing any processing - I was typing a letter and had my browser open with a couple webpages open.

I contacted the reseller via email, and they we VERY HELPFUL. They sent me a replacement battery, and it arrived within 3 days!

The battery arrived, well packaged. Everything looked great! The first day, I charged the battery for 10 hours while my computer was off (as directed). When I turned on my computer, I unplugged the charger/adapter, and the battery was giving me almost 5 hours of power!!!! I used the computer intermittently throughout the day, and the battery did actually give me almost 5 hours of use. I plugged it back in when I had about 30 minutes left. I let it charge completely before using the computer again. When the meter said "Completely Charged" I unplugged the computer again, and the meter still showed that the power adapter was plugged in. I thought that maybe it would change after a few minutes, but it didn't. Still showed as plugged in with 100% full battery. After about 10 minutes, I went ahead and restarted my computer. The meter showed only 30 minutes left of battery life, and a new message appeared - "Service Battery." This is a message in the OS that lets you know the battery is not functioning properly. According to Apple, you can still use the battery but should have it checked before it goes bad.

Again, the reseller is EXCELLENT. The battery is bad.
on October 13, 2012
I had this product for about a month when it started swelling up. I had recently purchased a new computer, so I took the battery out and put it aside because I wasn't going to be using my macbook for a bit. Couple weeks later, I notice the battery and it had swollen up so much that it cracked! The innards were coming out!

Snapped a quick photo and rushed it to Walgreens to get it into their battery recycling program before the battery acid (do laptop batteries have acid?) started coming out.

Check out the photo in the gallery.
review image
on August 13, 2015
Danger! Use with extreme caution! I had battery for less than six months with minimal charging, since we rarely use this older computer. Just pulled the computer from my cabinet and discovered that the battery has ruptured and was close to exploding. The Li-ion cell packs in battery expanded to 4 or 5 times their original size. who knows what damage would have occurred if I had not discovered this when I did.
review image
on September 9, 2014
It came nicely packed, and in time. Two out of five lights ON, good. Extremely light compared with the original battery, Interesting! Installed it, would not charge. Checked in System Information: 1 cycle, health normal, 1147 mA left. Unplugged the charger, computer died instantly. Than, I went thru the whole routine: reset SMC , PRAM, change charger, Google for any other possible problem. Find a coworker with a similar Macbook. Same thing! Than a neighbor... One had a third party battery (heavy), no problem. All this time we played wit it, the two lights would come on. Normally it should drop due to usage. Right?
I was tempted to open it, I think is empty, except some electronics and a small button battery. I think Amazon should check out a little bit more carefully it's third party sellers, stuff of such dubious quality makes them look bad too.
on February 13, 2014
Everyone should be a little hesitant when buying replacement parts for their Macbook from other than an authorized Apple dealer but given the age of our Macbook (nearly 7 years) and cost, we decided, like others that posted their reviews, to take a chance with a relatively inexpensive replacement battery. The installation was easy, our laptop only requires a coin to unlatch the battery, and the replacement battery fit perfectly. We did not have any raised edges or imperfections. I was concerned about battery life and will be keeping an eye on how fast it discharges and how long it takes to recharge. So far, so good. the battery came pre-charged to about 65% which lasted for 4-5 hours. We generally recharge overnight, so I can't say precisely how long it took but it was fully charged in the morning. The fully charged battery seems to last about 8 hours depending on use. About what we expected from our original battery. I will repost any significant changes or if we get a failure in the next few months.
on June 17, 2014
The first battery measured 5020 mAh so I sent it back for another. Seller was extremely prompt in exchanging it for another battery claiming 5600 mAh, but this one was 5020 as well!

I had purchased a 5600 mAh batter two years ago and it checked out as rated. Amazon implied I was re-ordering from the same source but that was not the case. The previous battery came from Mower Technologies and had a metal case. This one came from a manufacturer in China and has a plastic case.

Both batteries did fit fine.

I must keep this one since I don't have time to switch again and there is nothing to suggest a third battery would be 5600 mAh.

Updated 6/20/14:
I have been corresponding with the seller. He has been completely helpful. My problem is with the item, not him. He has said he will go to his supplier about the batteries not matching the rating on the envelope. I hope something will come of this. In the meantime, I can highly recommend this seller. He has been willing to stand behind his product to whatever extent was required.