Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Liar, Liar (Urban Renaissance)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on September 5, 2007
I enjoyed Liar, Liar. The thing that kind of turned me off was the fact that Stormy kept taking Camden back. She was so desperate to get married that she settled for a gay man. I mean come on now!! There was a lot of back and forth in the book that irritated me a little bit too, but overall this was an enjoyable read. I will be looking foward to another book by Ms. Carter.
VINE VOICEon August 19, 2007
Stormy's fiancé, Camden, after being called on the carpet, admits to a same sex affair with a fellow church member. His confession leads to the abrupt ending of their wedding plans. Months later, however, Stormy is convinced that Camden's desire for men is a thing of the past. She agrees to resume their relationship and the wedding is back on. But has Camden really changed?

Like many of the characters in this book, I had struggles; a constant struggle not to want to reach through the pages of this book and knock some good common sense into Stormy. Her stupidity, desperation and naïveté never ceased to amaze me; nor did it ever cease! LIAR, LIAR has it all. There's scandal, there are lies, and there's deceit, but Stormy's decision-making, or lack of, overshadowed it all. If it looks like a duck, if it walks like a duck, and if it quacks like a duck, it's a DUCK! For me, Stormy's character got to the point of being unbelievable, which ultimately affected this story. Had she not been so the way she was, I think I would have enjoyed this novel more. I understand that the author was making a point about how some women behave and what they are willing to put up with, but enough was enough and I struggled to finish. Debut author Latrese Carter is off to a promising beginning and definitely knows how to evoke her readers' emotions.
on September 2, 2013
Stormy is bar-none the dumbest character in the book. Could things be any clearer? She was tap-dancing on my last nerve all the way through. What kind of woman of God freely engages in pre-marital sex while condemning other sins? What kind of Word was she reading? Better yet, aren't there other men in Baltimore? Well, I suppose it takes a good book to incite a strong emotional reaction. So kudos to the writer.