Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 5, 2006 12:31:10 PM PDT
C. Mustian says:
Is anyone else a little annoyed at the constant "Liar, liar, pants on fire" type attitude people take towards books like this? Maybe it's not the PERFECT ALL-IN ONE book for apologetics and proving Christ is the Messiah, but give me a little more input and rebuttal than, "He's wrong" please. Do you have any proof is all I'm saying.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2008 5:28:12 PM PDT
As the Bible states, "faith is not a possession of all people." They simply don't want to believe no matter what evidence is shown to them. The fact that they don't back up their assertions with facts speaks volumes about them and their somewhat shoddy reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2008 6:42:46 PM PDT
I'm sorry Barbara, but it is perfectly clear that the opposite is truth. People of faith will not stop believing no matter what evidence is presented to them. Furthermore, they are willing to receive any piece of cr*p presented to them as evidence if it is in line with what they want to hear.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2008 7:17:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 7, 2008 7:18:36 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 3:59:45 AM PST
Nate McCooey says:
For what it's worth Ignacio, a lot of what you have said can easily be applied to members of the atheist camp as well. They take the words of "intellectuals" such as Dawkins, Harris, Dennett, and Hitchens as if they are their "gospel truth" so to speak. Why? Because it is in line with what they want to hear.

Many atheists proclaim themselves as more "open-minded" and "tolerant" than people of faith, yet it is many of these same folks who unflinchingly label any person of faith they encounter as "insane" or worse. It's worth mentioning that I have met many more open-minded and tolerant Christians in my day than I have nonbelievers. An interesting commentary to say the least, as it is usually those who don't believe who adopt such cute little buzzwords as their mantra.

Posted on Nov 14, 2009 12:13:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2009 12:15:34 PM PST
David D. says:
I am neither a scientist nor a priest. Therefore, I must rely on what people call "native intelligence" or "common sense" to form my view of the world. Not the best way, but all that is available to my limited intellect (good at English/History, sucked in Math).

Anyway...I can choose to believe in a system of thought which holds that truth can only be discovered through experimentation, is elastic, subject to our limitations, and must always be challenged...or, I can believe that a bunch of tribesmen living in the desert were delivered the ultimate and unchanging TRUTH between 2000 and 4000 years ago by a voice from the sky. I can believe that some dude (by himself) built a ship big enough to hold two of each and every species (including all the bugs from the Amazon rainforest?), that some other dude held up a staff and the Red Sea parted; that god boinked a carpenter's wife (married yet she was a virgin, guess she must have had SOME headache), and that even after skydaddy did the deed, she STILL remained a virgin (how many young ladies would love to learn that trick)? And thereafter, her sonny boy raised the dead, ruined perfectly good water by turning it into wine (xtian teetotalers take note), and three days after being crucified, rose up from the dead and floated skyward towards a magical fairyland called "heaven".

For me, the choice is pretty clear.

Posted on Dec 14, 2010 5:19:07 AM PST
David,

The fact that you are even "here" - on this discussion board - tells me that God is on your heart and mind - in some tiny ray, at least. So. start listening for Him! I think he wants you to meet Him. And - the gauntlet has been thrown down - by one just such as you- namely, the author, Josh McDowell - who came to these conclusions in his book while trying to discredit Christianity. So, take up the challenge - but ask God to show Himself to you as you do so. He will.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Oct 5, 2006
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions