- Save 15% on Copco 2555-7874 Large Mesh 6-Part In-Drawer Utensil Organizer when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by The Houseware Shoppe. Enter code HW7EWGJU at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Libbey 4-1/2-Ounce Spice Jar with Lid, Set of 12
|Price:||$22.90 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Set of twelve 4.5 ounce glass jars for storing kitchen or pantry items
- Clear glass makes it easy to view contents at a glance
- Tight-sealing glass lids with plastic fitments help keep items fresh
- Contemporary design; dishwasher-safe; made in USA
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Libbey 4-1/2-Ounce Spice Jar with Lid, Set of 12
RSVP Clear Glass Spice Jar, Set of 6 B00A1SG2W6
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||The Houseware Shoppe||Garden plus Home||Healthy Home and Kitchen||Amazon.com|
|Color||Transparent||Clear with Chrome Top||chrome||Clear Bottle with Red Cap|
|Dimensions||8.57 inches x 11.25 inches x 3.57 inches||3.75 inches x 1.75 inches x 1.75 inches||4.5 inches x 11.25 inches x 9 inches||2.13 inches x 10 inches x 3.75 inches|
|Item Package Weight||4.3 pounds||1.6 pounds||2.1 pounds||0.5 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
For several years, I have been seeking a solution for organizing my spices that:
o Is uniform (for functional and aesthetic reasons)
o Fits in a drawer, rather than a cabinet or rack
o Travels well (I often cook with my own spices when visiting family)
o Is inert (e.g. glass, stainless; no plastic)
o Looks nice
I am happy to say that the Libbey Vibe spice jars meet all of the criteria above, and have been an excellent addition to my kitchen over the past few weeks.
Some additional features that I particularly like about these jars:
+ I can see through the glass lids when looking down on the spice drawer
+ The lids fit very tightly, for freshness and while traveling
+ The wide mouths accommodate standard measuring spoons
+ The wide base is very stable; I haven't tipped one yet
+ There are matching, larger jars (12, 27, 42, and 64 oz) for other dry goods storage
Also, either the jars are very strong, Amazon does a great packing job, or both. When one of my orders arrived, the outer box was so visibly crushed that the UPS driver actually asked if I wanted to open the box before he left. I said yes, assuming that I would find a box full of glass dust. Surprisingly, every jar and lid was intact. Kudos to Libbey and Amazon.Read more ›
I then filled these little jars with the spices I actually use, placing stickers on the bottoms indicating which spice was which. Alas! 24 bottles weren't enough! Luckily, Amazon came to the rescue with an additional 24. Cheaper than Crate & Barrel, free shipping, and no tax! End result? A spice cupboard that's a delight to look into. Added bonus: that skinny little cupboard is now so organized that I can prep my various slumgullions and culinary disasters more quickly than ever.
1. There are no perforated inner lids allowing you to daintily sprinkle spices. Personally, I don't care, but it may be a deal breaker for some of you;
2. As noted in other reviews, the bottles don't hold an entire "supermarket" bottle of spice. Again, I don't care because I won't use up an entire bottle of most spices before they need to be tossed anyway. For those spices I use a lot, I bought six of the 12-1/2 oz. Libbey bottles; and,
3. The price stickers on the bottom are the devil to get off.
I am very happy with the purchase. And, final comment, they're MADE IN AMERICA.
- unobstructed visibility of contents from top and sides
- glass construction (minimal/no scratches and odor transfer)
- tight enough seal (lifting by lid only does not spill contents)
- functionality (can store spices/sugar and oil/honey)
- shape and size
- moderate price when bought as a set
However, the modifications below would make them perfect:
- stackability, or rubber-like "feet" for improved stability
- true silicon seal rather than a plastic seal
- availability in a darker colored glass for items sensitive to light
I labeled the tops of these with clear spice labels (Spice Bottle Labels (set of 84) - Clear (0.5"h x 2"w)) and was able to fit 48 bottles in my drawer. Yes, that's a LOT of spices, but I'm an avid home cook trying to replace sodium with herbs and spices so a wide selection is essential.
Things I like:
They arrive well packaged -- almost wastefully packaged -- so there is no chance of breakage during shipping. The jars are a nice weight and the lids seal tightly. The size is great and holds a nice amount of spice (or whatever you're storing), and with the wide mouth I can measure straight from the jar with measuring spoons. With a labeler (I bought Epson LabelWorks LW-400 Label Maker (C51CB70010)) they just plain look great -- I can label both the spice and the tare weight so I can easily refill it with bulk spices. The wide base means I won't accidentally knock over the jar (though it might mean it won't fit on your spice rack).
Things other reviews have mentioned as cons that I disagree with:
- The lid seal being too tight. -- It's great to grab a jar by the lid and know it's not going to come off and the jar fall and break. Also, it's great knowing that my spices are sealed away from other scents. If you're having trouble opening a jar, try pulling the lid at an angle.
- They don't hold a "full-size" spice bottle.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are adorable - wondering if I can find similar ones in larger sizes. I use for healing balms, salt & or sugar scrubs. Read morePublished 4 days ago by C Lee
I like the look and feel of the jars. They feel sturdy and well made and of a perfect size for me. The lid does stay on firmly. Read morePublished 5 days ago by CK
These jars are fabulous. I keep a collection of them with my most-used spices next to the stove. They have a snug-fitting lid because of the rubber insert. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
I love these little jars! I needed to clear some space in my cabinets, so I ordered these for my herbs. I hung two steel ledges with an edge, and these fit perfectly on them. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Lilith
These jars are great. I put all sorts of s*** in them. They are awesome and a big part of my daily life.Published 12 days ago by Justin LaFontaine
Finally organized my spice drawer. It was always alphabetized, but in different sized jars. These seal great and fit in my drawers so nicely. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Elizabeth
I use these for so many purposes: making oil blends for family and friends, making ointments and herbal oils, salves... Read morePublished 23 days ago by Courtenay E. Grabowski