5.0 out of 5 stars Revised Review
Published on September 15, 2010 by Toby Winter

3.0 out of 5 stars good for lunches you keep upright...they do not seal well
Published on July 28, 2010 by Elizabeth

5.0 out of 5 stars Revised Review, September 15, 2010
This review is from: Libbey 6.25-Ounce Small Bowls with Plastic Lids, 16-Piece Set (Kitchen)
For some reason I expected these were going to be similar to a Pyrex glass and that they would be oven proof like a custard cup. I wanted to make custards, grapenut, and pumpkin puddings in them in the oven and then just cover them and put them in the fridge. I know they don't say they are heat proof in the description. The description says they are microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe. So my mistake in ordering them. BUT the box they come in has little pictures of a microwave, a dishwasher, a freezer and AN OVEN......EDIT: Since first writing this review I have baked custards in these cups and they definitely are oven proof. The description on Amazon should make this clear. I really like these for baking and for storing small items in the fridge. Also, in response to the reviewer who said the lids look like they would not last very long I'd like to attest to the fact that they are VERY sturdy and hold up very well. You can wash them in the dishwasher too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Baby Food, October 25, 2010
I was looking for something reasonably priced that would allow me to store (in the fridge) and serve baby food. Because I do not like to microwave in plastic, something glass and with lids was ideal. I have not had the problems with the lids seeming cheap or leaky at all and the bowls nest nicely so they take up very little space. I freeze food in cubes and then use these dishes to warm and serve or keep food fresh in the fridge. Ideal!

3.0 out of 5 stars good for lunches you keep upright...they do not seal well, July 28, 2010
Elizabeth (United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
We got these to send snacks with our son for his lunch. They are a good size for snacky things (berries, etc.). And, compared to the various small lunch-box size glass storage I looked at, these are one of the best deals. For some reason, small glass bowls with lids are insanely expensive, at least by my standards. However, it seems to me like the lids are mostly to keep food in, not to keep things from leaking. Thus, they aren't good if the lunch isn't going to be upright, which could be a problem in many lunch boxes. Not sure if I just got a bad batch without a good seal, but for lunches that need to be leak-proof, this may not be ideal. For other storage around house of spices, etc. probably works well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for storing baby food., February 20, 2011
I make my baby's food and these are perfect to send to day care with her. I put three food cubes in at night and in the morning they are thawed and ready to throw in her lunch bag. I used to send the cubes in a ziplock, but I was always worried that they were being microwaved in a plastic container, which can release dangerous chemicals into the food being heated. When I send these, I don't have to worry.

Other reviewers complained about the lids leaking, but that has never happened to me, and I have put lots of liquid-y foods in these, such as applesauce or diced carrots in water. I haven't yet had a leak, and I've been using them every day for three months.

The only negative thing is that when stacked, the glass bowls are able to stuck and can be difficult to pull apart.

1.0 out of 5 stars Break break break, September 4, 2012
Gom. Addams (Falls Church, Va) - See all my reviews
The first bowl was discovered broken in half in the dishwasher. Second bowl broke when I tapped it with a spoon to get sour cream into it. These bowls just don't hold up.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are not made for a conventional oven, August 15, 2011
The description says they are dishwasher, microwave, and freezer safe. Since one reviewer says their shows a picture of an oven, I wanted to clarify if they are oven safe. I wrote Libbey customer service and this was their response to me.

"The containers are meant for storage and not baking unfortunately, so we do not recommend putting them in the oven. Let us know if you need help identifying products that are oven-safe."

You have to buy the Pyrex bakeware custard bowls for oven-safe bowls, but they do not have a lid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous, August 31, 2012
I thought this product would be perfect for my childs baby food but after using thm for only 2 days I realized I was wrong. One bowl came chipped but I just set that one aside for myself to use and then I tried to put one in the microwave to heat up his food and it broke in half without it ever being dropped or hit against anything. I thought it was just a fluke...but the same thing happened with the second one I tried to use. Stay away from these bowls. If my son had accidentially gotten ahold of the bowl that broke in my hand while feeding him things could have gotten very bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, breaks and cracks for no reason, November 17, 2012
In less than a month of use, two of the 8 cups have shattered for no clear reason. I purchased this to use a way to store individual cubes of homemade baby food. I'd had the set only a few days when the first cup broke. The cup was room temperature, having been out on the kitchen counter all day and I placed a single cube of frozen homemade baby food in it; a minute later, I heard a crack and found the bowl shattered. While the cube was cold, that shouldn't cause breakage for something designed to be refridgerator safe if no significant temperature change is involved. I wrote it off to a fluke and continued using the set.

A week later, I ran one of the supposedly dishwasher safe cups through the dishwasher, only to find a huge crack when the cycle was done. It was stacked carefully on the top shelf surrounded by tupperware; there was nothing adjacent that should have caused damage. At this point, I'm convinced the quality of the product is the problem, not the external environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These for Baby Food!, November 25, 2011
I love these little containers for baby food. I use them to store the baby food from the freezer to refrigerator. I also love they are glass so I am able to heat the food up without the fear of using plastics. This is a must have for anyone making baby food. They are also a reasonable price!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, March 25, 2011
I purchased these small bowls for use with homemade baby food, and they are perfect. The plastic lids fit tightly so the food doesn't spill in the diaper bag. I can easily heat the food in a pan of water on the stovetop or in the microwave. They are just the right size.