Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on May 26, 2013
I purchased the Liberty Tabletop Lexington 65 piece set, and I absolutely love it. I have since been to the Liberty website to purchase the iced tea spoons, clearly my favorite pieces and additional serving spoons. I wish Amazon carried these pieces when I purchased my set. The quality is outstanding, and the weight of the pieces is substantial. In addition to the iced tea spoons, I especially love the forks due to their size and feel. The pieces come out of the dishwasher looking fantastic, and I know they will not tarnish like the reviews I read on all of the other silverware that is not Liberty Tabletop and not made in the USA. Well worth the money! I also just ordered the steak knives from the Liberty website which I will be trying as soon as they arrive. Amazon needs to increase their offerings to include the side pieces.
on November 13, 2014
We had been using our Cambridge (made in Korea) 18/8 stainless steel flatware since we got married 15 years ago. Nothing was wrong with it, but over time we lost several pieces and decided to replace it with something comparable. We weren't looking for a cheapy 18/0 mass produced product, but wasn't looking to "splurge" on 18/10 stainless either. The 18/8 we had been using worked just fine and fit nicely into our price point. But then I started reading more about the overseas manufacturing. The quality concerns. The durability factor. Being from Upstate NY, we were familiar with Oneida flatware, but discovered they too sold out to foreign labor. In our research of Oneida we came across Liberty Tabletop and we were inspired by the story. Two former Oneida execs who bought the plant after Oneida closed its doors in the "Silver City". Liberty rehired 100+ workers and starting manufacturing flatware again, initially for Oneida. Liberty (Sherrill Manufacturing) is now the ONLY manufacturer of flatware in the USA. And being that we live about 2 1/2 hours west of Sherrill, NY, we felt compelled to buy this American made product and support fellow Upstate New Yorker's.

Now as for the product. We wanted a subtle, classic design that would look fresh 20 years from now. By no means are we flatware aficionados, but the craftsmanship and quality seems comparable if not superior to any high end brand out there. The "shine" is not too shiny (which was one of my fears buying online). We weren't looking for a "mirror" finish and this has just the right amount of sheen. The weight of each piece is nicely balanced. Not too heavy. Not too light. It's very comfortable to hold. While we've only had this flatware for a couple months, it seems extremely durable and should last a lifetime. We washed each piece by hand initially, but since have run them through the dishwasher repeatedly. It comes out clean and looking brilliant every time!

There are only a few small improvements we could see after using this flatware. None of which are of any real concern. 1) The teaspoons and place spoons are very similar in size. So much so that we tend to put them in the wrong spot in the drawer. We probably notice this more as our old spoons were noticeably different in size. The Liberty place spoon is closer to the size of our old teaspoon. 2) The words "Sherrill USA 18/10" are stamped on the back of each handle, but the knife blade only says "Sherrill USA". Makes you wonder if the knife is made out of something other than 18/10 stainless steel. Highly unlikely that's the case, but it'd be nice to see it on the blade. 3) The company name is Sherrill Manufacturing, which is located in Sherrill, NY. But the flatware sells under the name Liberty TableTop. As a branding enhancement, maybe stamp "Liberty" instead of "Sherrill" on the pieces. Just a thought.

None of the improvements mentioned above would keep us from buying this flatware again. We are very happy with the purchase and take pride that we're helping to support our "neighbors" down the Thruway.
22 comments10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2012
So delighted to have an American made flatware with such style, quality, finish. Love the feel of these in my hand. I expect to pass this set on as an heirloom.
on December 12, 2012
The flatware is beautiful and shiny and well made. The perfect weight, they feel substantial but not too heavy. We have only used them a couple of times but they look good after going through the dishwasher.
on November 26, 2012
Beautiful quality and well worth the money. It looks great in the new Reed and Barton chest that we also bought from Amazon.
on April 4, 2013
This is a great set of silverware. 18/10 alloy which is hard to find these days, made in the usa which is harder to find, good weight and feel, and very fast shipping. The only downside is the hefty pricetag, but if you plan on using them for 30 years it is worth the investment. We need more products made in the usa; there are too much low quality china made products. Overall very happy with my purchase.
on July 27, 2014
I purchased beautiful Liberty flatware in the Pearl pattern. Customer service was outstanding! This is excellent quality 18/10 stainless steel. Best of all it is made in the USA. We know what we are getting in our stainless here due to regulations. This is not made from reclaimed melt down stainless that has been who knows where. I very highly recommend this company AND this product....love it!
I care about what goes into my mouth and our babies mouths...so I buy made in USA. This is the only stainless flatware made in the USA I could find. They are working in the old Onida factory, which out sourced making all stainless products to China.
on April 30, 2014
This product is beautiful with perfection and made in the USA. It shows quality of workmanship. The order arrived by Priority Mail, was well packaged, though one corner had damage. Flatware arrived in perfect condition and very quickly. I would recommend this product in a heartbeat.
on June 5, 2014
Been using for a month now. This is very sturdy and well balanced from my point of view. It is a bit pricey, but, it supports American jobs rather than communist tyranny (you can find some stuff made in Malaysia rather than China or Vietnam, but, it's difficult). Just in time for Fourth of July!! Mostly recycled steel all from U.S. per the documents in the packaging as well. Hope this helps.
on December 5, 2015
The quality of this flatware set is excellent. It cost a lot more than our old set, but it's worth the price.