Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

Format: HardcoverChange

on November 25, 2015
This guy just keeps cranking out good ones.
on November 24, 2015
Great product. Quick delivery. Will buy again....5 star....thanks.
on November 21, 2015
Mark tells it like it subterfuge.
on November 20, 2015
This man is a true American and a great American thinker.
on November 16, 2015
on November 15, 2015
Levin is a great conservative talk host and entertaining to listen to, however this book was as interesting to read as the directions for mixing cement. I expected much better.
on November 12, 2015
Levin should be required reading and study for TEACHERS AND COLLEGE PROFESSORS, not to mention the students. American's have been so blessed that we're taking our blessings for granted - we've been dumbed down by our government, the entire education system, special interest groups, lobbyists and politician's from both sides of the isle. Through Levin's series of writings, you can recapture what you may have forgotten - that freedom and liberty are both fragile and precious - once you've lost them, you'll never regain them.
on November 12, 2015
I was disappointed with this book and with Mark Levin in general. I have listened to his radio program for several months a while back but could not continue with it. I read this book because a good and close friend of mine lent it to me and insisted that I read it. Throughout the book, Levin uses the term “Statist” frequently to criticize liberal bureaucrats and their policies. However, the further I read into the book, the more Levin sounded like a statist himself, just on the other side of the spectrum.
Levin heavily criticizes global warming/climate change, social security, medicare, Medicaid, and illegal immigration among other issues. He blames liberal statists for our increasing debt, lack of ability to address issues of foreign policy and domestic security issues. I find it quite hypocritical that the debt exploded after George W. Bush became president, although Obama hasn’t made things any better. Levin also makes the case for the war in Iraq as being a war that was meant to defeat a dictator and protect our interests. I don’t see how these can coincide with conservative values along with his support for the PATRIOT ACT and the water boarding of three terrorists who were accused of coinciding with Ben Laden.
I find it interesting that Levin doesn’t mention our involvement in Iran in the early 1950’s which trickled down to our current intervention in the Middle East that continues until today. Our support for Israel further fueled the hatred of hundreds of millions of people in the Middle East. This has nothing to do with our so called “freedom” and “values.” I find nothing conservative about being the world’s policeman, spending hundreds of more billions of dollars every five years on our military and further going deeper into debt.
Levin’s attack on climate change is rather disturbing. You don’t have to believe in climate change to see that fossil fuels are still dangerous to the environment. I would like to see him live for 5 years next to a coal power plant and see how his lungs feel afterwards. Even if climate change is false, fossil fuels emit gases and chemicals that are still very toxic and dangerous, especially in areas where people live near these plants. Do you want to drink water from a river that had chemicals dumped in it by an irresponsible company? We all want to breather clean air and drink clean water and that means we have to be responsible about protecting our environment. Since most conservatives are religious people who value their faith, I see nothing conservative about destroying God’s creation. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t lift some bogus regulations. After all, the EPA said that the air was clean in the vicinity of where the twin towers fell. Look what happened to all the rescue workers who cleaned up the rubble. NYC had to settle a $1 billion dollar law suit.
Levin’s criticism of illegal immigration, although a valid concern is nothing more than a ploy in demonizing people who give up everything to come here to live better lives at any cost possible. Yes, some of them are criminals but we also have plenty of non-immigrant criminals in our society who do terrible things as well. Are they less criminal because they are citizens?? If we deport 11 million illegal immigrants, our agricultural economy will fall apart because NO AMERICAN will want to work for miniscule wages with no benefits. Why don’t we hold farmers and business accountable for hiring illegal immigrants in the first place instead of demonizing an entire group of people? The reality is that immigration, especially illegal immigration is a tremendous support to our economy because that gives American Citizens the mobility to pursue higher skilled employment. Immigrants both legal and illegal are the backbone of our economy.
I don’t believe in amnesty either. I can agree with Mark that we have lost our way in regards to citizenship, which should be earned not just given away. He has my support in that regard. I can also agree with him that OBAMACARE is a disaster. All it did was force people to buy health insurance, exponentially increasing the profits of the health insurance companies resulting in skyrocketing costs to middle class Americans. I did my own personal research on this very recently. For a person in the U.S. making $40,000 a year who wants to purchase basic health insurance is required to pay on average $185 a month with a $6,500 deductible! That means that person has to pay $6,500 before the health insurance company pays anything. This is not just absurd, this is criminal. I don’t necessarily agree with universal healthcare either. We need to stop subsidizing healthcare companies and open up competition across state lines, similar to cell phone plans and let the companies compete, which will drive costs down.
I also agree with him on repealing the income taxing and replacing it with either a flat tax or a national sales tax. Our system of taxation is destroying the middle class. Our tax code is 73,000 pages long which give the top 1% the reason and ability to find significant loopholes in the system thereby exempting themselves from the insane taxes that middle class Americans pay.
Although I agree with Mark on a couple of issues, the book as a whole was very disturbing, just one attack after another against the “statist”. Civil liberties and a non-interventionist foreign policy are vital to the prosperity of our country. And although entitlement programs eat up a huge portion of our budget, they are very important to our seniors. I’d rather spend money domestically on our people than engaging in endless war and nation building, which costs even more now and in the long-run.
Since I agree with some things Levin mentions, I gave it two stars instead of one. All I can say is read the book and come to your own conclusions. Don’t let him scare or bully you into thinking his way. If he believes in inalienable rights, like he says, use your moral reasoning and research these issues on your own. We have no excuse! With the internet at our disposal we can educate ourselves without someone elses ridiculous propaganda. Best of luck to you.
on November 10, 2015
Every book by Mark Levin is well researched and heavily footnoted so that the reader can check the facts. This one is no different. He is a brilliant scholar and jurist, and one of the finest (and passionate) political commentators today.
on November 8, 2015
Best non-fiction book I have ever read.