Library Monopoly Vintage Book Game
|Price:||$71.29 + $19.99 shipping|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- This retro-style game comes in a vintage wood book edition
- Brings you back with the original gameplay, a retro-looking game board and components
- Includes small tokens to move around the board, paper money, a pair of die and title deeds for property, houses and hotels
- Also includes Chance cards, Community Chest cards and a game board
- Playing Time: 30 Minutes or Less
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is a complete Monopoly game in the classic style. It comes in an attractive wooden box; its lid slides off the base of the box with a tongue and groove system.
The front of the box has a pretty nice quality image on the front. It seems like it's made of pretty nice cardboard. The back of the lid has some history of the game with illustrations.
The game comes with 6 tokens: top hat, thimble, Scottish Terrier, train engine, ship, and car.
The houses and hotels are made of wood. The hotels are the classic red, but they do not have the gold "Grand Hotel" printed on them. Houses are the green wooden houses.
The chance and community chest cards are the vintage yellow and orange with the classic font and illustrations.
The property cards are parchment colored and they seem a little thin. The money seems smaller than normal (so it will fit nicely in the box).
The dice are made to appear to be ivory. I have not opened the plastic yet, but I believe the die have more sharp edges than today's dice. No "speedy" die are included in this edition.
I was looking for the classic monopoly that had the wooden houses and hotels. The game today has plastic stuff, and I wanted a Monopoly set that looked like it did when I was a kid (late seventies to mid eighties).
Please be aware that the product was not packed well. There was no Styrofoam or bubble wrap in the box, so the product was allowed to bounce around in the box. so my copy came with one of the corners damaged. I'm not going to bother with the hassle of returning it, but it's frustrating.Read more ›
1. It's compact, saving you space.
2. The wooden box prevents the wear and tear of cardboard.
3. You can shelve it vertically like a book, and get the other board games in this series to make your collection look nice and uniform.
4. Wooden houses and hotels - not really a big deal, because plastic is durable too, but they're nice to have, especially if you didn't grow up with the wooden kind.
1. Since it's compact, the board folds into nine squares. Lots of wear and tear right there, every time you fold and unfold it.
2. The money is small and cheap-looking.
3. The title deed cards are the same. Even the dice are small, though that's no biggie.
4. While I can appreciate the classy, old-fashioned look (though Monopoly never looked exactly this way), the graphics in the center of the board are kind of ugly. I can dig the design of the properties, but it's not enough to be impressed with. Aside from the box, the physical contents are sort of lousy.
5. As a footnote, I'm not sure why the colors of the Chance / Community Chest cards are so similar.
I know Monopoly inside out. My advice? Get the Classic Edition. It's cheaper, and even though the box may not last forever like this one, at least the contents are very good overall. If you do, don't feel bad about the plastic houses and hotels - they debuted as early as the 60s. People tend to overrate the pinache of wood. Or you could get another "retro" version that is more well-rounded in terms of design and durability.
Seller sent the product quickly and it arrived before expected date.
Thank you so much
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The game itself had all of its pieces and then some. It has duel language cards. French and English. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Coy B.
"All things fun" Looked to have attempted to ship me one of these but the back was completey broken. Needless to say , it's being returned.Published 12 months ago by daddy
My Son absolutely loves Monopoly, so this is a great addition to his collection.Published 18 months ago by ancsi
We enjoy Monopoly and this is a great item to add to your collection. It is very unique and we enjoy the vintage look.Published 22 months ago by johnna
This product came fast and was was just what I expected. Thanks so much... It's a small size to fit on my bookshelfPublished on February 1, 2014 by Mark Twain