More About the Author
I write books for one reason: My life has been completely transformed and I want to see that happen to everybody. In 1990, after having been a follower of Christ for 29 years and a Senior Pastor for 17 years, I came crashing down. I wanted out of pastoral ministry and even thought this thing called, "the Christian life" was over-hyped. I had tried everything to figure out how to live the way God expected me to live. There had been times I'd spent hours reading and even memorizing the Bible. I had spent all night in prayer at times. Once, I went through a phase where I even gave up TV and started talking like I'd swallowed the communion table - all King James Versionish. Okay, maybe not but I did try everything.
It was only when I began to understand grace in a way I hadn't learned growing up in church, attending a Christian University and then Seminary, or in 17 years of being a pastor, that things changed. What I began to learn then is the perspective I write from today. I hope you'll be encouraged and helped by my books. If you do, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by my Author's Page. -- Steve McVey
WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID ABOUT STEVE McVEY'S BOOKS:
* Grammy Award Winning Gospel Singer, Kirk Franklin said, "Steve McVey's books have been used by God to transform my Christian walk."
* Dr. Tony Evans, President of The Urban Alternative wrote, "My good friend, Steve McVey, has put the amazing back into grace."
* Gary Smalley, author of The Language of Love: "Few people have had the life change effect on my life that Steve McVey has had. Whenever I hear that he has a new book, I buy several copies."
* Neil Anderson, author of The Bondage Breaker: "(Steve McVey's book) A Divine Invitation will enlarge your heart and increase your comprehension of God's love that goes beyond knowledge."
* The late Bill Bright, Founder of Campus Crusade for Christ, wrote about A Divine Invitation: "Steve McVey has given us in very clear and understandable language a wonderful, indelible picture of just how beautiful, complete and even startling God's love for us really is."
Steve writes to address specific needs in the reader's life. His books are filled with biblical truth, practical application, humor and affirmation that will encourage you and strengthen you in your own journey of faith. Buy just one of his books today and, like those, who have written their reviews above, you will find yourself wanting to buy all McVey's books.
There is plenty of religious jargon out there on the market. These books will talk about your life, the things you face and how the grace of God will guide you safely through them and enrich your life in the process.